Temple 1/22 7:00 ESPNnews

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temple 1/22 7:00 ESPNnews

Temple is all over the place this season consistency wise but the Liacouras Center is never a fun place for us. Even when we win there it's like pulling teeth. The Owls are 11-7 and 2-4 in conference. They are 10 deep but most of the offense goes through Quinton Rose and Nate Pierre-Louis. Keeping NPL off the boards is key. He leads the team in rebounding. Neither of these two guys shoot a lot of 3s. That stat belongs to Alani Moore II. JP Moorman is coming off the bench but don't forget about him on defense. He killed us last year.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...stats/_/id/218
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Owlsdaily reporting that Quinton Rose may not play. Undislcosed injury.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Here's a piece from an Owls' blogger via 247sports.com outlining so-called turnover problems (13.7/game) and injuries to De'Vondre Perry and Quinton Rose. Rose is just beaten up. My guess is he plays.

https://247sports.com/college/temple...iew-142536209/

This is a big game. The Cats need to play well on the road and pull this out. This stretch of six games will tell whether UC is in the race.

Temple doesn't want to run up and down a lot. They'll try to use their own pace. They'll get out when they have the advantage, but that's not their forte. KenPom ranks the Owls' offensive efficiency at #243. They sit at #18 defensively. By comparison, the Bearcats are #88 and #27, respectively.

Final: Cats 69, Owls 64
      Last edited by swilsonsp4; 01-21-2020, 07:01 PM.

Comment

My faint memory is we made Moorman look like an All American there last year. Hope he gets bottled up. Vogt has to be a force offensively in this game. He's a bad matchup for them and we need to exploit it. Make them guard him with 2 guys. We've often struggled to score there, so i'm really hoping Vogt can get going in this game.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
          My faint memory is we made Moorman look like an All American there last year. Hope he gets bottled up. Vogt has to be a force offensively in this game. He's a bad matchup for them and we need to exploit it. Make them guard him with 2 guys. We've often struggled to score there, so i'm really hoping Vogt can get going in this game.
          We should definitely dominate the paint in this game. Turnovers will decide the game.. they have 3 guards who can really cause fits for teams and turn you over. Turnovers have been our issue.. if we keep it below 15 TO's we should be alright.

As mentioned in this thread, Moorman has the ability to destroy you from deep when he gets going.. he's really the only consistent threat they have. We have the guards to keep him in check if we execute the game plan.

Comment

My memory on Moorman was right: 20 points in 29 minutes. All that from a kid who averaged 5 pts a game.
            29 8-11 3-5 1-1 1 3 4 0 0 0 0 4 20

Comment

In his pregame comments tonight, Brannen said that Zach Harvey's ankle is sore after playing 14 minutes the other night. He's still nursing it after his major surgery last year. He may not play.

Comment

Where is our 3pt Defense....?

Comment

Temple is a bad 3 point shooting team. Yes, as bad as us. The likelihood they drop all but one is fool's luck. Hopefully, the cool off in the second. Games in Philly are always strange. JC has to get involved offensively. If he's a threat, Vogt will dominate even more than he already has.

Comment

Temple has started right where they left off, draining a 3... Will need Vogt to score 30 at this point...

Comment

I thought temple was bad at 3 point shooting. Is UC not guarding the 3 point line? I don’t have ESPNU so I can’t watch.

Comment

In Memphis nothing was a foul. Tonight, everything is a foul. What a league! Temple is making every shot, but nearly all of them are wide open.

Comment

Jaevin needs to keep draining them...

Comment

The franchise is back.

Comment

Great road win. Need to keep it going.
                              ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X