Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keys:
    - Jarron plays meaningful minutes
    - Chris Vogt effective, stays out of foul trouble (limit reliance on Diarra)
    - Keith Williams continues level of play from Vermont (and last year's play/toughness vs Xavier)
    - Get to the line, make FTs
    - Limit X from second chance points
    - Do not let X shoot above average like they usually do
    - Jaevin hit at least a couple 3s

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
      Keys:
      - Jarron plays meaningful minutes
      - Chris Vogt effective, stays out of foul trouble (limit reliance on Diarra)
      - Keith Williams continues level of play from Vermont (and last year's play/toughness vs Xavier)
      - Get to the line, make FTs
      - Limit X from second chance points
      - Do not let X shoot above average like they usually do
      - Jaevin hit at least a couple 3s
      + don't fall behind big time out of the gate. aka every year Mick coached them at Cintas.

Comment

Turnovers...

Comment

No one was great, didnt take care of ball

Comment

I think having watched a month's worth of games the best course of action is for JC to sit until he gets better and hope he can play close to 100% in conference play. He's a shadow of himself, and honestly he's probably hurting them as much as he helps and it doesn't aid in getting back to 100%. I don't know about his foot, but someone told me yesterday he didn't think he would play with this bad hip pointer so props to him for gutting it out. However, this team is not going to win many games away from the Shoe with him in the physical shape he is now. Very winnable game if you can make some shots, but as has been the case all year we struggle to knock them down. Lot of good open looks as well. Tre Scott seems to disappear against better competition. Looked like a repeat of the Osu game. When you have as many turnovers as points in 37 minutes of play it's not a good sign for a guy with 5 years in the program. I'd sacrifice short term pain by sitting JC, to have him back for the conference games at closer to full strength if that's possible.
            Last edited by coach; 12-08-2019, 11:44 AM.

Comment

FS1 color analyst Donny Marshall offered candid remarks about Cincinnati Bearcats star Jarron Cumberland during the first half of the network's broadcast of UC's Crosstown Shootout loss to Xavier on Saturday night:
              At some point you just have to be a basketball player though, regardless of what the system is. This is what you're meant to do. This is why you're in school. This is why you went to Cincinnati was to play. Might not have been to play for John Brannen. But that's the situation you're in. He's got two assists, but he also has three turnovers. His body language is telling me a lot right now. And I'm not sure if it's just the hip. Or if the way the system is working for him - he's not happy with it. But he's the guy. He's got to step up for his team. ... His teammates are trying to help him. He's the guy though.

Comment

The announcers were revised Big East guys. They haven't seen Cincy play all year. Cumberland is hurt. Honestly, with his hip swelling he probably should not have played. Obviously it's his last year so i get he wants to get out there, but i think they would be better to give him time to heal up. Just not effective with that type of injury.

Comment

could be although he was benched for a game

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Burk View Post
                    FS1 color analyst Donny Marshall offered candid remarks about Cincinnati Bearcats star Jarron Cumberland during the first half of the network's broadcast of UC's Crosstown Shootout loss to Xavier on Saturday night:
                    At some point you just have to be a basketball player though, regardless of what the system is. This is what you're meant to do. This is why you're in school. This is why you went to Cincinnati was to play. Might not have been to play for John Brannen. But that's the situation you're in. He's got two assists, but he also has three turnovers. His body language is telling me a lot right now. And I'm not sure if it's just the hip. Or if the way the system is working for him - he's not happy with it. But he's the guy. He's got to step up for his team. ... His teammates are trying to help him. He's the guy though.
                    I was in Memphis. Glad I missed that stupid garbage. I don't know who the guy is, but he's a fool.

Comment

The Muskies took another one on the chin today, this time at home to Creighton, 77-65. KenPom now ranks XU #45. The Bearcats are up to #44, with numerous games still pending today.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X