No announcement yet.

Unlv 11/30 7:00 fso/espn3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Defense. Thank you. 4 more minutes please.

Comment

🤦*♂️

Comment

This team does not know how to close out games. Lost a 10 point lead again with 1:30 on the clock. We managed to escape this one shooting poorly from everywhere again.

The first half was really bad basketball. Just sloppy execution. They did cut the turnovers down this game and I think sitting McNeal was partially responsible for this.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I just don't see how they can continue to give McNeal meaningful minutes. I like any of the three freshman out there instead of him. The pace of the game just seems significantly better when he is out. The big run was fueled by great defense and up-tempo offense. They just are not good when they run slow sets. Cumberland is not shooting well enough to just bail them out at the end of the clock.

Comment

They came out int he first half like it was a Thanksgiving weekend unfortunately at home. Lethargic, but they did wake up in the second half. If McNeal is going to play meaningful minutes he needs to attack the basket. He has the quickness to get to the hoop as the Unlv kid did last night, but he's playing tentative out there. He needs to open it up. That said, most of our closing out game issues lies in ft shooting. If JC shoots 65% for the year we're in trouble as he shoots a ton. That said, he looks to me to be getting back into form so i expect it will clear itself up. Now we have to get Jaevin back to full go. His wrap had to be redone in the first half last night so he's not 100% either. When Keith plays with confidence he's tough. Best stat from last night was only 12 to's. Not sure what happened on that inbounds pass at the end of the game. Crowd didn't know the possession changed until they took it out. Was that off us, or did Scott have his foot on the line when he got it back?

Comment

Ball was off Scott's fingertips on replay. I could not believe the call that gave UNLV 3 shots in the last minute.
              MAW jumped and was coming down when the Vegas player jumped into him. However, the Vegas player had half of his foot on the 3 Point line. Why was there no replay call from the UC bench or the officials? Should have been 2 shots at most.

Comment

Re the 3 FTs, clearly a blown call. What is the rule re reviews? Is the decision to take a look completely up to the officials, or can the bench request a review? In any event, is it possible to see TV replays from the bench? Likely not, I suspect. Are replays shown on the scoreboard? Suggestion: have an assistant stream the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                  This team does not know how to close out games. Lost a 10 point lead again with 1:30 on the clock. We managed to escape this one shooting poorly from everywhere again.

The first half was really bad basketball. Just sloppy execution. They did cut the turnovers down this game and I think sitting McNeal was partially responsible for this.
                  They missed the front end twice during that stretch. But when is a missed free throw an excuse to play poor D on the other end and give up 3 pointers to the other team? Teams will keep fouling early until we start proving that doesn't work anymore.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X