No announcement yet.

Paradise Jam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT again. Blew another big second half lead. Hard to watch.

Comment

Turnovers...I think we will improve on it, but if we don't, won't even make NIT

Comment

Mika Adams Woods was big tonight!

Comment

I didn't see the game, but listened on the radio. In addition to Adams-Woods, it sounds like Harvey played a lot of minutes. How did he look?

Comment

Vogt, MAW and Keith came up big last night. Harvey played 27 minutes. Didn't do much scoring but had 4 assists which is twice as many as we had from the PGs in total.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId=401186100
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
              Vogt, MAW and Keith came up big last night. Harvey played 27 minutes. Didn't do much scoring but had 4 assists which is twice as many as we had from the PGs in total.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId=401186100
              If you just take the regular 40 minutes of play in the 3 games from the Paradise Jam, we were +1 point in 1 game and even in the other 2. So does that mean this team (talent/staff) is truly no better than Bowling Green (5-3 Mid-America), Illinois St. (2-5 Mo. Valley), or Valparaiso (4-4, Mo. Valley - just joined from the Horizon - NKU, Wright St., etc.). Yes, I know it's early in the season, yes I know it's a new staff, yes I know its star player has been hurt, and, yes I know there is a bunch of newbies on the court, so I hope we can expect better things in the future, but right now that is really scary!

Comment

I think it means this team without a healthy Jarron is going to struggle particularly early in the schedule away from the Shoe. Early season games away from home are generally difficult for any team with a lot of new pieces. Guys like Tre and Keith are used to having healthy Jarron being a big part of the offense. It's going to take them some time to adjust to not looking for him. Obviously getting the ball to Vogt is a priority as it should be. Anyone shooting 74% from the field needs the ball. It was good to see them pull the game out yesterday without him as you have to start somewhere. I'm encouraged by what i see out of the frosh. They definitely play hard, and i think Zak is starting to relax out there. I'm still amazed we pulled Mica-Adams Wood that late in the Spring. I think he was basically a trade for Samari Curtis who i don't think had done much so far at Nebraska. He looks to be a very solid pickup. Bigger pg that has the left hand option. If JC can't get back to health, it's going to be an up and down deal unless all these guys mature very quickly. I heard them talking last night that between JC and McNeal one was an 80% ft shooter last year, and one was a 76% ft shooter last year. The odds of them missing 15 ft's in a game was low, but it happens. Have to cut down on the turnovers. New system, growing pains. Vogt has been a revelation as far as i'm concerned. Much better than i thought last Spring.

Comment

Originally posted by richard k. View Post

If you just take the regular 40 minutes of play in the 3 games from the Paradise Jam, we were +1 point in 1 game and even in the other 2. So does that mean this team (talent/staff) is truly no better than Bowling Green (5-3 Mid-America), Illinois St. (2-5 Mo. Valley), or Valparaiso (4-4, Mo. Valley - just joined from the Horizon - NKU, Wright St., etc.). Yes, I know it's early in the season, yes I know it's a new staff, yes I know its star player has been hurt, and, yes I know there is a bunch of newbies on the court, so I hope we can expect better things in the future, but right now that is really scary!
                  Just attempting to answer your question. Considering the players added this year came from Western KY (via a community college, via New Mexico, via Tennessee Tech), Oakland-Mi, Northern Kentucky, Valparaiso, and a few random high schools - I am not sure any of us can say this year's version of the Bearcats are definitively better than the schools you list.

I am not down on the Bearcats. I like the potential for upside. But this is absolutely a work in progress

Comment

Some retrospect from Justin Williams ($)

https://theathletic.com/1410850/2019...of-work-ahead/
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X