No announcement yet.

Paradise Jam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only good thing about this game is that it is early in the season and we will forget it come March. If we even hit 60% of our free throws it isn't even close. Why can't these guys hit free throws?

Comment

These are the shooting percentages. The last one is FTs. You can't go to the line 55 times and do that.

37.3% 34.6% 56.4%
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Branne's postgame interview was interesting. Jarron was injured and we were up 10 so Brannen held him out. Bowling Green caught up so Cumberland went to Brannen during OT and wanted back in, hurt.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
          Branne's postgame interview was interesting. Jarron was injured and we were up 10 so Brannen held him out. Bowling Green caught up so Cumberland went to Brannen during OT and wanted back in, hurt.
          https://gobearcats.com/news/2019/11/...ime-91-84.aspx
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

dreadful at best

Comment

We play Valpo at 5:45 tonight.

The Crusaders have a 22 pt scorer who takes the bulk of the shots in Javon Freeman-Liberty. They're 4-2 with losses to SLU and Nevada.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...tats/_/id/2674

Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post
                The only good thing about this game is that it is early in the season and we will forget it come March. If we even hit 60% of our free throws it isn't even close. Why can't these guys hit free throws?
                This has always been a problem at UC. Going back to Huggins, under Cronin and now Brannen. I don’t know why but that is the truth.

Comment

Free throws are a matter of muscle memory and repetition and it looks like there just has not been enough work on them.

Comment

Looking at the stats...Diarra makes me miss Sorrolla. Poor kid. If we want to win, the bench needs to shorten up and Jarron will prolly have to play point. If we play Brannen's style, it may be better in the long run but we likely are NIT bound.

Comment

Yes, Diarra missed a point blank unmolested layup in transition both Friday and Sunday night. Hard to fathom a guy almost 7ft tall not finishing those. Reminded me much of Nysier Brooks first couple years on the offensive end.

Comment

Harvey has shown some flashes. It's time to get him ready for some serious minutes.

BG began fouling every possession with roughly 4 minutes left. I'd love to see some version of the old NBA 3 for 2 rule, say after the 15th foul of the half. Maybe that would take some of the ugliness out of games like this.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                          Harvey has shown some flashes. It's time to get him ready for some serious minutes.

BG began fouling every possession with roughly 4 minutes left. I'd love to see some version of the old NBA 3 for 2 rule, say after the 15th foul of the half. Maybe that would take some of the ugliness out of games like this.
                          It will be interesting to see in the next several possesion game down the stretch if Brannen keeps the ball out of McNeal's hands. I respect that he stuck with him down the stretch particularly this early in the season as he needs him to be that guy. Obviously it didn't work, but the crazy thing is JC even shot a worse % for the game than his 8/19. It's a tough situation when you have new guys. All the focus on ft's, but the defense down the stretch was abysmal. I like Keith Williams a lot, but he couldn't/didn't guard that kid who was hitting those shots the last 4 minutes. He either got the shot, or Keith fouled him. Inability to get stops in the last 10 minutes of the game was their undoing.

Comment

This game tonight should be over in the first half with OR without Jarron. I fully expect this team to dominate tonight coming off a game they know they shouldn’t have lost. Anything short of a 20+ win is a disappointment for me tonight.

Comment

The way we've shot the ball away from home this year makes it real hard for me to see us dominating anyone on the road.

Comment

Fans at the game are reporting Jarron is in street clothers
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X