Paradise Jam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paradise Jam

Anyone know if the website the games will be on this weekend might also have an app to download on firestick or like devices?

Edit: According to FloHoops...which I think is what televises the games, there is an app that can be dowloaded.
    Last edited by loshow22; 11-18-2019, 04:11 PM.
    Cory Huffman
    Cin City

Looks like it costs $12.95 for a month.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatjd View Post
      Looks like it costs $12.95 for a month.
      Nope that’s $12.95 a month FOR A FULL YEAR. Which totals to about $156. The price for one individual month is $30.00.

Comment

Flo Sports does exist on Apple TV as an app. Not sure about Chromecast or FIre TV.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Ilinois St is 2-1 with a close loss to UCF. That game was in Illinois. I have not seen them play but it looks like they go small with a 4 guard offense and a 6'9 guy in the post. He might have a long day with Vogt and Sorolla out there. Zach Copeland is the leading scorer. He's a 6'4 SG from Oakland.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...tats/_/id/2287

Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Is this the same site it was on last time we were there? I subscribed to that for the games and it was pretty good. Just plugged my laptop into the big screen and then cancelled when the tourney ended.

Comment

I signed up for a year, thinking I'd get charged monthly, they charged 150$, I emailed and they are giving me a month for 12$ n change

Comment

I called yesterday. Bottom line is that IF you sign up, you will be charged at least 30$ for the month...even if you cancel after the weekend. You can have up to 12 people using the website to watch the games, but all have to be on the same wifi. IF you download the app to firestick or apple or whatever, only 1 person can use that login to watch.

Anyone else have any suggestions?
                Cory Huffman
                Cin City

Comment

Originally posted by loshow22 View Post
                  I called yesterday. Bottom line is that IF you sign up, you will be charged at least 30$ for the month...even if you cancel after the weekend. You can have up to 12 people using the website to watch the games, but all have to be on the same wifi. IF you download the app to firestick or apple or whatever, only 1 person can use that login to watch.

Anyone else have any suggestions?
                  Since 12 can watch on the same Wifi, my hope is a local bar (Holy Grail? Something in Clifton?) will shell out the $30 so I can check out at least one of the three games. Haven't heard of anyone doing this as yet though.

For remote folks, I would say there's a possibility you might be able to find a stream online, but this seems more unlikely to me considering the limited access to the feed to begin with.
                  U.C. Law '09

Comment

I thought it was ridiculous that SMU barely won on the road this week at Evansville. AT EVANSVILLE. The win was not the problem...It's that the game was AT EVANSVILLE. SMU is one of the better teams in the AAC...it's not ECU. Why would they ever agree to a road game AT EVANSVILLE???

But then, I had to look in a mirror. Who is responsible for UC going to a made-for-TV tourney where there is no TV coverage? OK...I'm old...maybe it's not made-for-TV...maybe it's made-for-web streaming. But the point remains the same. Nobody subscribes to the streaming service.

If UC wins a game in a forest with no one there to hear it - does it still count as a win?

Yes - I will listen to 700WLW. But the question remains... who is responsible? If it's Mick or Bohn, then never mind...they're gone. But if others were involved and are still with the program, they should not be allowed to assist with future scheduling. The UC brand is above this

Comment

At least next year they'll be playing in the preseason NIT in New York. Arizona, TTU, and St. John's are also there.

Comment

Originally posted by GoCats1994 View Post
                        I thought it was ridiculous that SMU barely won on the road this week at Evansville. AT EVANSVILLE. The win was not the problem...It's that the game was AT EVANSVILLE. SMU is one of the better teams in the AAC...it's not ECU. Why would they ever agree to a road game AT EVANSVILLE???

But then, I had to look in a mirror. Who is responsible for UC going to a made-for-TV tourney where there is no TV coverage? OK...I'm old...maybe it's not made-for-TV...maybe it's made-for-web streaming. But the point remains the same. Nobody subscribes to the streaming service.

If UC wins a game in a forest with no one there to hear it - does it still count as a win?

Yes - I will listen to 700WLW. But the question remains... who is responsible? If it's Mick or Bohn, then never mind...they're gone. But if others were involved and are still with the program, they should not be allowed to assist with future scheduling. The UC brand is above this
                        Schools must be invited to the major holiday tourneys. They can't just schedule it. If ESPN doesn't want a school, they won't offer it. Each tourney can take only one school per conference.

I did hear somewhere that UC will play in the Maui Invitational at some point in the future.

Comment

How spoiled we have become. Much to the dismay of every fan and sportswriter in town, the playoff game between UC and Bradley to determine which team would go to the NCAA tourney was not televised back in the early 60s. Having said this, I am indeed annoyed at the lack of TV or a free stream. Re ideas as to how to see the game, I wonder if someone could indeed subscribe to the stream and use their phone to cast it to a TV in a friendly bar? And nowadays, almost anything can be livestreamed on a phone and put up on a website.

Comment

Per Chad Brendel today, Jarron Cumberland did make the trip to the V.I. He said he doesn't know the exact details of the suspension, but feels that it is a minor issue between two headstrong people who are still feeling each other out.

Comment

My concern is that in the picture they posted of the team at the airport both Zach Harvey and Sam Martin are in a boot. Hoping those are electrostim boots and not the injury kind.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X