X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lobot
    started a topic Alabama A&M 11/14 7:00 FSO/ESPN3

Alabama A&M 11/14 7:00 FSO/ESPN3

Alabama A&M is bad. As in #350 on Kenpom bad. This is a glorified scrimmage bad. The ultimate buy game bad. They're 0-2 bad and your guy to stop is Cameron Alford.

The only positive is that they can bring their marching band. Wait, this is basketball. :/

Did I mention they were bad?

Here are their bad stats:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...tats/_/id/2010

• BearKatz
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliftonite View Post

Just not impressed with him at all so far, but yeah, hope they prove me wrong.

As the above said, Harvey definitely has talent... It shows on his driving to the basket, and passing ability .... Like many High 4 & 5 Star Recruits, it doesn't always click straight outta High School... Hopefully Harvey sticks it out, unlike Jermaine Lawrence who had lots of ability, and left after one season for personal reasons ....I could see Harvey being UC's Top Scorer within the next 3 years....

Leave a comment:

• coach
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post

I think he has the talent. Has to realize this isn't HS or AAU where he can go wherever he wants. He's been rejected and clobbered a couple of times already. There are defenders at this level.
    Yep exactly correct, he has to know when to stop and shoot, and also utilize the pump fake. He has what you can't teach, excellent quickness and ball handling skills for a kid his size. However, you can see in his face and body language at the ft line he's nervous. He'll settle down. It's not only a big transition to D1, but it's also playing with a lot of guys who have not played together before. The one thing that is left out of the comments is that he's been fouled on just about every drive he's made so he made it to the hoop and the ft line which often is better than making it as you get someone on the other team in foul trouble. If he was getting the ball picked etc, that would be one thing, but taking the ball into traffic against 4/5's and getting to the ft line is success.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliftonite View Post

I think he has the talent. Has to realize this isn't HS or AAU where he can go wherever he wants. He's been rejected and clobbered a couple of times already. There are defenders at this level.

Leave a comment:

• Cliftonite
    replied
    Originally posted by CroninCrazy View Post

Really? I think Harvey is going to be a stud.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    I feel for Jarron a little bit here. He's used to being the focal point and despite his telent he suddenly isn't the focal point in this offense becuase the shots come from everywhere. He's coming back from an injury and it's totally reasonable that he probably wants to protect his health for the draft. If he did in fact refuse to check in, and I have no dea how valid that is, he's probably thinking long term and doesn't want to get injured again in garbage time. Can't blame him for that.

On the flip side, insubordination doesn't fly with most bossess in life. Confidence is good, pride not so much.

Leave a comment:

• DesertFog
    replied
    Re Cumberland, I wonder if someone could sneak a look at a practice and give us a report? I used to do it back in the day.

Leave a comment:

• coach
    replied
    Mick's half court slug out involved JC handling the ball a lot, and not necessarily feeding the post. That said, our previous big guys save for Clark who was undersized were not good passers. Clearly, they're feeding the post early and often in Brannen's sets and that's a big offensive change. I'm sure a lot of the older guys are struggling with the process and mentality of it. There's eventually going to be more open shots for the perimeter guys on that team as opponents are going to have to double Vogt often as he's picking up steam. They just have to be patient.

Leave a comment:

• longtimefan
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post

The rumor seems to be that he and Brannen aren't getting along really well and he may have opted not to check in vs. Drake late in the game.
    Change is hard. Transitions are hard. I hope this isn't true, because that will hurt the young man now and possibly harm his prospects for the next level.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

Any word on why Cumberland sat?
    The rumor seems to be that he and Brannen aren't getting along really well and he may have opted not to check in vs. Drake late in the game.

Leave a comment:

• BearKatz
    replied
    SLOPPY......

Probably the most sloppy iv'e witnessed from the Bearcats in decades.... Before the Huggins tenure began.... Nice to see Brannen taking the blame? The Players have to be somewhat responsible.... Somewhat to be expected from the new players, especially the Freshmen... I would have expected better play from Cumberland & McNeal , obviously they've been around...But Williams , Scott are better than that....

The FT Shooting to this point is a huge issue... I understand it's a new offense, but I seriously doubt Brannen has changed the way they shoot FT's??

Two games in, I'm more concerned with this Teams LACK of DISCIPLINE!

It's still early, I get that ... I personally was hoping for a better start to the season " Ohio State " ...and a much smoother polished Offense than what UC has showed....

The Team has (3) weeks to come-together, or X will spank us by 20! And that's the last thing any of us want to see!

Any word on why Cumberland sat?

Leave a comment:

• Greg7173
    replied
    I really like the new guys.

Bigs are better than I thought they would be. McNeal is a hard worker and reminds me of former Bearcat leaders. Cumberland 2.0 can really shoot!
    Totally agree! Vogt has made strides in the last two games. Sure is nice to have TWO seven footers in the post. Now if they can just clean up the sloppy ball handling we will really have something.

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    In his postgame comments, CJB blamed himself for a lot of the sloppy play on offense in the first half. They have not yet installed any zone offense, with AAMU playing no man-to-man tonight.

Leave a comment:

• steveedwards
    replied
    Now we know. Coach’s decision. Ha. Didn’t really expect much more but he did say he’d address after the game. I guess he technically did.

Leave a comment:

• coach
    replied
    CJB will address Cumberland after the game.

He didn’t look happy at the end of the Drake game, but who knows.
    I'm guessing he may have been late for something. We'll find out shortly.

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X