Drake 11/11 7:00 ESPN3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drake 11/11 7:00 ESPN3

For anyone interested who has ESPN+, Drake plays Kennesaw State tonight at 8:00 ET. So, while you're listening in on John Brannen's radio show at the same time, you can stream this one to get a view of the Bulldogs.

Half: Drake 39, Kennesaw St 19. Both teams in man-to-man. Drake somewhat packed in. They shot a ton of treys, both off penetration and secondary break. Even the bigs will launch.

It's hard to say how good the Bulldogs are while watching outmanned Kennesaw State, who aren't very good. Can't get good looks and use a lot of time trying to penetrate, with little effect.

Comment

Final: Drake 84, Kennesaw St 55. The Bulldogs fired up 29 treys and hit 17. They were so perimeter oriented that they drew only nine fouls and shot only twice from the line.

Comment

Drake was a co-champion of the Missouri Valley Conf last year. They lost their top 3 scorers and are picked to be 4th in the conference this year.

Comment

If any one needs tickets to this one, let me know. No takers on this game so far.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Here's an article from the Des Moines Register about the Bulldogs' propensity for jacking up treys:

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...te/2531155001/

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
              If any one needs tickets to this one, let me know. No takers on this game so far.
              These were claimed btw.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Here's the stats on Drake. Hard to analyze much after 1 game but you can see where and who the shots coming from. 3 of the guards throw up a trey about 33% of the time.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...tats/_/id/2181
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

At the half, tis groovy. Jarrod C. is hitting tonight. They are showing good hustle.

Comment

Does anyone know why Moore's not playing ?
                    Bryan Shaw

Comment

Got a bad wheel. Was in a boot at midnight madness dont know if boot is off or not nor the extent of the injury.

Comment

They said on the stream that he had a partially torn achilles.

Comment

I didn't catch a lot of this game but from what I did see in the 2nd half, it didn't appear we were playing much defense. The ball was getting up the court quickly for both teams. Breakneck pace. I'm so not used to that.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I didn't catch a lot of this game but from what I did see in the 2nd half, it didn't appear we were playing much defense. The ball was getting up the court quickly for both teams. Breakneck pace. I'm so not used to that.
                            Drake is an explosive and quick team with lots of uptempo, fast shooters. We disrupted them with a tenacious defense entire first half and part of the second half. The defensive pressure was still there in latter part of second half, tip of the cap to Drake for finding a few holes and some lucky bounces. Overall, I think our uptempo offense is feeding off the tenacity on defense, with shots dropping tonight.
                            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

I was traveling as well, but from the comment i think Uc played a lot of the second unit in the 2nd half. That said, i really like what Vogt and Sorolla have given them offensively the first couple of games. If backcourt/perimeter guys round into good form we should be ok. I think they can get by with Scott scoring in limited bunches as he defends and rebounds. This Vogt has a chance to be an impact guy. You don't see a guy of his size and strength move as well as he does. It will be fun to see how much better he gets. If you're ever at a game early go down courtside and you'll get some idea what it would be like guarding him. LOL

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X