Thomas More Exhibition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas More Exhibition

The tip time of the game has changed to 6:00.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Who scheduled this for Halloween night? It doesn’t affect me because my kids are grown & no one visits my isolated house for trick or treat. However, this crowd is going to be small.

Comment

It’s an exhibition game. I would not expect attendance to be great at anytime of the day or on any day of a month or year.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
        Who scheduled this for Halloween night? It doesn’t affect me because my kids are grown & no one visits my isolated house for trick or treat. However, this crowd is going to be small.
        I thought the same thing. Students will be in costume though.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Anyone who wants tickets to this, let me know. Freebie.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Last chance on the ickets for obvious reasons.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The game is being streamed here:

https://gobearcats.com/watch/?Live=1384&type=Live

Comment

So far pretty groovy, I would like to see more Harvey. I am a little worried about Wesson for the Buckeyes. I don't see Voight keeping up. We'll see.

Comment

I was very encouraged by what i saw tonight considering how many players are working together for the first time. I think they're going to play a lot of guys, and score a lot of points. They definitely have perimeter scoring options a plenty, and i don't think they really pushed the ball as much as they will once the season starts. McNeal and Jaevin really looked good shooting the ball. The frosh all look ready to play minutes. Vogt is an interesting player. He's more skilled and bigger than i expected. If they can get him rolling and isolated with the ball, he's very hard to defend. We've not had someone of his size and skill than i can recall. I see why Brannen likes him. Probably the best thing is other than Trevor, everyone looked healthy save for Prince in street clothes.This team will be fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
                    So far pretty groovy, I would like to see more Harvey. I am a little worried about Wesson for the Buckeyes. I don't see Voight keeping up. We'll see.
                    Wesson is one of those players like JC. He's going to get his points. The key is to make it hard on the other guys. However, we do have fouls to give in Wesson's case. I'd like to see them go to Vogt and make Wesson guard him. Vogt's a load. I hope they go at him.

Comment

I was at the Shoe. Some thoughts:

Once the two teams got done sparring early, with the score 13-13, the Cats' man-to-man pressure, both full- and half-court, began to strangle the Saints. The Score hit 34-13 in no time, then 44-14 shortly after the start of the second half. UC's quickness and length were too much for TMC, as the Saints turned it over 14 times before half, mostly steals. Mick always talked of maximizing deflections. He would've been happy tonight (with that aspect). There were hands on balls throughout. It became increasingly harder for TMC to run their offense. They were pushed out and, if they ventured into the lane, all shots were challenged. Let's put it this way: The Saints are not the Buckeyes. Aside from getting in a good workout against new faces, in front of a crowd (maybe 2500- 3000), TMC didn't offer much resistance.

Jarron was Jarron, but didn't have to play much. He scored 10.

Jaevin can flat-out shoot it. Very smooth.

Trevon was a menacing defender and scored on a gorgeous cut and catch off a great pass from the perimeter. I believe he played less than Jarron.

Keith was way too quick for anyone that TMC put in front of him. He also had two breakaway dunks off steals at midcourt.

Vogt and Sorolla were about what I expected. Neither are overly athletic, but take up space. Vogt is a bit more mobile. Both are decent defenders, but are limited at the offensive end. They know their range: short hooks and dunks.

Harvey seemed to be a bit frustrated. He didn't really press the action on offense until late in the game, when he made some quick, slick penetrations. He also made a tremendous perimeter-to-basket pass for a Sorolla dunk. Harvey also committed four fouls, mostly from getting bad angles while guarding ballhandlers. He played mostly with the subs.

McNeal is very aggressive and hard-nosed. Got his hands on everything. He also buried a trey.

Adams-Woods played quite a bit and showed flashes. Nice quickness.

Davenport is healthy and played hard. I don't know if he scored, but he defended, rebounded and blocked a layup.

Diarra was … well … Diarra. Athletic, decently skilled on offense, but not a very good man defender. He played as Scott's replacement. Diarra also drew a long glare from John Brannen after jacking up a long trey that didn't develop out of anything. Touch ball; shoot ball.

All three walk-ons saw action late. Sam Martin beat his man for a driving layup.

Comment

We watched the whole game via stream.... Interesting to hear Kevin Johnson with Hoard , I thought Kevin did a nice job..... Thoughts on the game from last night....

Jarron Cumberland played as expected, most talented player on the team.

Jaevin - Can really stroke the 3 Ball... Also, does a nice job of pushing / handling the ball up the court.

McNeal - Was very surprised by what I saw ... He's definitely ready to play at this level .... and can shoot, was not aware he was a good 3pt shooter.

Adams-Woods & Davenport - Not a lot of playing time between the two.... Woods is definitely quick, looks like he will need to bulk up a little.

Harvey - Not much playing time , but you can see the talent is their.

Vogt & Sorolla - Both are very slow , and not athletic at all from what I saw... Could be UC's biggest concern this season, getting out played under the boards, and foul trouble do to lack of quickness...

Scott & Moore - Not much from either, but know concerns , I'm sure both will be ready to play.... I expect big things from Scott this year .... Moore will definitely get lost in the rotation.

Williams - MAYBE the most athletic of all Bearcat Players.... Shot selection still leaves a lot to be desired .... Some of the shots Keith took last night were probably ill-advised .... It appears we have a lot of scorers on this team , many more from previous years... Hopefully Keith will give the ball up when the shots just not their .....

Diarra - Long, lean and athletic ... Looks to be so close at times... Could be a wildcard by the end of December and really help this team under the boards , rebounding and shot blocking...

Again, it's only one exhibition game .... Will know a lot more come mid to late December.

Comment

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post
                          Scott & Moore - Not much from either, but know concerns , I'm sure both will be ready to play.... I expect big things from Scott this year .... Moore will definitely get lost in the rotation.
                          Moore isn't close to being ready to play. He won't suit up for awhile because of his leg injury.

Comment

I'll be curious to see with the number of guys who they can play on the perimeter how many minutes Moore gets. Box score from last night: https://gobearcats.com/boxscore.aspx...03&path=mbball

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post

Wesson is one of those players like JC. He's going to get his points. The key is to make it hard on the other guys. However, we do have fouls to give in Wesson's case. I'd like to see them go to Vogt and make Wesson guard him. Vogt's a load. I hope they go at him.
                              The Buckeyes have a freshman guard D J Carton who is going to be tough to account for. CJ Walker a transfer might also be rough to defend with the ball in his hand. II just worry about Voight being quick enough as Wesson lost a lot of weight and I saw his exhibition game and he has gotten quicker.Voight will have a big test. I wish this game was later in the season for the cats would have more time to get used to each other especially on defense.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X