An Ohio State University 11/6 8:30 FS1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Ohio State University 11/6 8:30 FS1

The Buckeyes enter the preseaon ranked #18. This is very close to the same team that we played against last year. The Wesson brothers and former UC recruit Luther Muhammad are back for another year.

On paper OSU looks like the better team but our team is sort of an unknown at the moment offensively and I doubt we learn much from the Exhibition against Thomas More on Halloween. Despite the game being in Cbus, we may have an advantage in this sense that the best film available of our offense is probably out of NKU's vault and doesn't highlight anyone currently on our team except Chris Vogt. We had a very different roster at this time last year and not much offense.

Here's last year OSU stats for returning players:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...stats/_/id/194
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

I am going to the game & was curious if they sell beer in the arena?

Comment

They sold it for the Ncaa tourney but i'm not sure if the game is being held at the same venue/rules or not.

Comment

OSU definitely has fewer question marks/unknowns than UC. DJ Carton (a top 25-50 freshman) and role player Musa Jallow are both currently hurt. Jallow sounds long term, not sure about Carton who could start at PG but probably would start the season coming off the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
          They sold it for the Ncaa tourney but i'm not sure if the game is being held at the same venue/rules or not.
          I was at the NCAA game against Iowa & that was at the hockey arena I believe. This game is at the Shottenstein Center.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatjd View Post
            I was at the NCAA game against Iowa & that was at the hockey arena I believe. This game is at the Shottenstein Center.
            NCAA game was in Nationwide Arena. They now sell beer at O$U football games, so I assume they also do it at Shottenstein. Money-maker.

Comment

the google knows all - definitely sell beer: https://www.schottensteincenter.com/...guide-policies

Comment

Secret scrimmage info: Ohio State played Louisville in their secret scrimmage and apparently beat them fairly badly.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Well season's here. Let's see how the do against real competition. OSU is ranked 18 or 16 depending on the poll.

Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by nolte50uc View Post
                    the google knows all - definitely sell beer: https://www.schottensteincenter.com/...guide-policies
                    Great, at least if we lose then I can drown my sorrows with beer!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                      OSU definitely has fewer question marks/unknowns than UC. DJ Carton (a top 25-50 freshman) and role player Musa Jallow are both currently hurt. Jallow sounds long term, not sure about Carton who could start at PG but probably would start the season coming off the bench.
                      DJ played in the exhibition. I would worry about transfer walker and a thinner, stronger quicker K. Wesson.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                        Secret scrimmage info: Ohio State played Louisville in their secret scrimmage and apparently beat them fairly badly.
                        U of L was missing their top low post man and point guard. I would be concerned with the quickness of our low post guys though.

Comment

Tim Brando and Jim Jackson on the call on FS1

I anticipate an OSU win and wouldn't be surprised if it were not very close. Worried about Kaleb Wesson vs. UC's bigs (minus Trevon Scott). OSU has strong guard play as well, though not sure they will be great shooting this year. Well-coached and a solid mix of veterans and a talented freshman class. Hoping Jarron can begin his heralded senior campaign on the right note, but will need some help. If I'm not mistaken, last year he got in foul trouble and struggled early then put up a bunch of points in the second to make the score look a littler closer. I think UC's guard play could be very solid this well. Excited for the new era.

Comment

I get that the football team is doing well and people are paying attention to the AD situation, but where is the pregame buzz? UC isn't opening with Arkansas Pine-Bluff. Surprised to see so little chatter...

Here is the UC preview, by the way: https://gobearcats.com/news/2019/11/...hio-state.aspx (game notes list probable starters as McNeal, Jarron Cumberland, Williams, Scott, Vogt)
                            Last edited by GoBearcats31; 11-05-2019, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Coach Brannen and Keith Williams preview the game...

https://youtu.be/gID4DK-HgYw

Ohio State coach Holtmann previews the game...

https://youtu.be/caSqMeZh0eE

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X