AAC Championship Venue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAC Championship Venue

Dickies Arena in Fort Worth is set to open this week. This is the venue for the AAC Championship for the next 3 years. Also I learned today from this article that in 2020 it'll host the first and second rounds of the NCAA MBB Tournament regional.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...xas-surprises/
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Why haven't we tried to get the conference tournament?

Comment

Can't hold it on a home floor without a waiver from the league (i.e. Memphis last year). The only way we could get it would be to get the waiver, or hold it at whatever US Bank is called today or Cintas Center.

After the dust up over 5/3 remodel and playing at NKU vs US Bank, I doubt the University and the owners are on good terms these days.

IMO If you want the tourney in Cincinnati, you're going to have a get the city and/or Hamilton County to buy out AEG and Nederlander or someone's going to have to step up and build a new arena downtown and make them sell that dump. They have the city trapped because they or the city needs the land for anything new and they know it. The value of the real estate keeps going up in theory so there's no reason to sell it or put money into it.

I believe off the top of my head that after the Tourney leaves Ft. Worth it's slated to go to the BOK Center in Tulsa which isn't Tulsa's home floor.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Well we certainly don't want to use the Cintas Center. Why not go for a waiver. Memphis got one why can't we do the same. I can't believe the UB Bank Arena would turn down the chance to host it for
        3 years. Just my opinion!

Comment

They're not turning it down I don't think. There's been no bid by UC to host it to my knowledge becuase of the physical and business conditions of the arena.

http://usbankarena.com/whatsnextcincy
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I'm curious if any one on here went up to the XL Center in Hartford for the tourney there and how it compared conditions wise.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X