• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll tracker 2019-20

We opened in the preseason AP poll at #38
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

This is one year where i have no idea how we stack up. My guess if we're relatively healthy is we're better than 38th. We'll find out soon enough.

Comment

Beat tOsu on their floor and move up. Hopefully we're healthy enough
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        Beat tOsu on their floor and move up. Hopefully we're healthy enough
        OSU has a couple injuries as well

Comment

Seems like a slap in the face! X in at #19, who we beat last year and held to under 50pts... Memphis who was not ranked, and yes has maybe the best recruiting class,but unproven players... Who did we really lose, besides Brooks transferring ? If anything, we've added more talented players who can finally score... For the first time in a long time, UC will NOT be a team built on defense... It's huge lack of respect, and the unknown... we might suffer a little under the boards, but UC's Guard play will be the most talented we've had in years!

Comment

I think this is fair. A lot of people, including me are wondering what kind of team this is going to be. A lot of new pieces have to work together and you throw in a new coaching staff and it makes for a lot of uncertainty. I think this is a team that can be more productive than last year, but it won't be necessarily magic from the start. Hopefully, we can come together for the first game against OSU and give them what they gave us here (a loss). If things go well, we'll be jumping up quickly in the polls.

Comment

It's like the Michelin star system for restaurants. If the chef leaves, the restaurant automatically loses a star.We'll have to get our ranking on the floor.

Comment

Someone who like us.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...on-every-team/

Comment

Ken Pomeroy has his preseason out. We're 27. https://kenpom.com/

Comment

The sky is the limit and I think I saw at least one cbcsports article listing UC in the dark-horse category of 16 teams who can win it all. I think the rankings are an unknown at this point and it is fair to assume we have a setback after losing two senior point guards, a force inside in Brooks, and head coach who highhandedly drove the defensive philosophy on which our teams have been based. If they gel early and are healthy, they will climb in the polls quickly. The consensus of rankings is fair and we will aim to exceed that ranking with play on the floor.
                    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post

That's more like it... I think personally anywhere between #15-25 would be justifiable.... Ken Pomeroy's ranking is not too far off at #27.... I think if we go to Ohio $tate and win, we will turn some heads quickly!

Comment

By the way, we received 0 votes in the Coaches poll which I thought was an oversight.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

BPI preseason is out (they can do that?)

UC at 26.

Houston at 22 , OSU at 25 . Xavier and Vermont at 49-50.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ptical-memphis
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X