Around the American '19-20

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Around the American '19-20

Nothing happening yet. I just wanted to say that Penny's a loudmouth who couldn't even win the National Championship as a player.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Kansas transfer Quentin Grimes is eligible at Houston, per Goodman

Comment

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ing-cops-crash

STORRS, Conn. -- UConn freshman basketball player James Bouknight faces several charges after police say he ran from an officer following a crash on campus.

Police say Bouknight was driving a car that struck a street sign while speeding on Sept. 27. Police say Bouknight told responding officers he didn't have identification with him and later ran off.

Police say Bouknight has since provided them with a statement admitting his actions.

He has been charged with evading responsibility, interfering with a police officer, traveling too fast for conditions and operation of a motor vehicle without a license.

He's scheduled to appear in court on Oct. 29.

The guard issued a statement to apologize and called his actions irresponsible.

UConn coach Dan Hurley said there will be consequences both "within the structure of the team as well as on the outside."

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
        Kansas transfer Quentin Grimes is eligible at Houston, per Goodman
        Per the Chronicle, Kelvin Sampson credits KU for supporting the move.

Thank you Jim Harbaugh.

Comment

USF has announced that Alexis Yetna will miss the entire season with an injury. He was their best interior guy.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
            USF has announced that Alexis Yetna will miss the entire season with an injury. He was their best interior guy.
            That's a big loss. Too bad. Yetna's a young rising star. As I recall, Mick offered him.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

That's a big loss. Too bad. Yetna's a young rising star. As I recall, Mick offered him.
              Yep sure did.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Here's a roundtable discussion of the top teams/players in the AAC from The Athletic ($), including Justin Williams:

https://theathletic.com/1341185/2019...opes-and-more/

Comment

Unless you subscribe to the Athletic you can't read those articles.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
                    Unless you subscribe to the Athletic you can't read those articles.
                    That's why there a ($) thingy. I've been really lazy about using that until recently but If we posted pay articles from 247 or Rivals, I'd use the same thing. I even use it for the subscriber only stuff on Cincinnati.com

In keeping with the spirit of this place I prefer free info but if you're interested in subscribing here's my discount link. You get 40% off and I get a $25 Amazon GC. I personally think Justin Williams writing is worth it if you like longform stuff and you'd get C. Trent Reds along with Dehner and Goodberry Bengals stuff in the deal plus the national writers as well.

https://theathletic.com/checkout?pc=...hared_by=58910
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

NCAA ruled Memphis F/C James Wiseman ineligible. Sounds like Penny helped with his move to Tennessee. Could this be the beginning of the end for Penny?

Comment

Originally posted by BigDaddyCornHusker View Post
                        NCAA ruled Memphis F/C James Wiseman ineligible. Sounds like Penny helped with his move to Tennessee. Could this be the beginning of the end for Penny?
                        Wiseman chose Memphis over UK. I wonder what Cal's bid was?

Comment

Where did they relocated from? I thought he was a local Memphis product. 12k seems like a lot of money for a move, but i'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
                            Where did they relocated from? I thought he was a local Memphis product. 12k seems like a lot of money for a move, but i'm no expert.
                            Wiseman grew up in Nashville. He moved to Memphis for his senior year to play for Hardaway.

Comment

I don't know how the rules work - but if he helped the kid before he was the Memphis coach, where is it covered by NCAA infractions? Illicit booster activity? Since it happened on Tubby's watch, does he get dragged into this? Lack of institutional control at the University level?

It seems like Anfernee's excuse would simply be "I was just an AAU coach trying to help a kid out"

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X