Midnight Madness Returns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midnight Madness Returns

Scheduled for October 4, after the UCF game.

https://gobearcats.com/news/2019/8/2...ird-arena.aspx

Comment

pretty groovy. I like the PR move here for the students.

Comment

Eight days from midnight madness, it would be nice if they listed the entire roster on gobearcats.com.

Comment

Well, that was fast. Roster now updated on gobearcats.com.

Comment

Article from the Athletic on Midnight Madness. ($)

https://theathletic.com/1256006/2019...5-year-hiatus/
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Any tv or streaming coverage?

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat9796 View Post
                Any tv or streaming coverage?
                Doesn't appear there will be any livealthough I'm sure the video folks will shoot some of it and highlights.

Here are the in depth details.

https://gobearcats.com/news/2019/9/2...ine-chili.aspx
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Who attended Midnight Madness? Did Jarron play?

Comment

Anyone who attended figure out who #44 is yet?
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatjd View Post
                      Paul McMillan IV was there as well.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                        Anyone who attended figure out who #44 is yet?
                        The answer is Adam Cook.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatjd View Post
                          Jarron did not play. His foot is no longer in a boot or heavily wrapped like it was a various points this summer. Seems like it’s just day to day on ramping up his involvement.

Moore on the other hand, or foot as it were, was in a boot. He’s got an Achilles injury. Brannen said six weeks recovery which I think makes it a mid-grade sprain.

Davenport still recovering from his midsession knee issue which required a procedure. He’s slated to be out until December and as of now I would expect him to redshirt unless our depth is thin at the point he returns.

Prince Toyambi is also out “indefinitely” with an injury according to Coach. No word on the nature of the injury. He initially joined the layup line during warmups but then stepped to the side with the other injured players. He seemed to maybe be walking a little gingerly but didn’t have any really noticeable issues. Not sure what’s going on there.

Event was well attended. Lower bowl totally full and the upper baselines were full and some overflow into the upper main stands.

Jaevin won the three point contest. Shot as smooth as ever.

Scrimmage was rushed. Nothing much to be gleaned. Mamoudou was 2-2 from behind the arc (the new, deeper, international line) but not much defense was played. Harvey was running the floor well and McNeal looked good getting to the hoop several times. Lots of dunks.

3 of the 4 walk ons got run for the (winning) black team. Sam Martin started. I wonder if his plans have changed regarding his year abroad.

Overall a very nice event on a great night in Clifton.
                          Last edited by Antonio; 10-05-2019, 11:03 AM.
                          U.C. Law '09

Comment

Good recap. The fball game could not have provided a better lead in to the bball presentation. Had to have come off really well for the recruits he had there. Here's to hoping we nab a couple. I didn't realize the depth of the injuries. Here's to hoping the month of October rehabs these guys. Jaevin and Harvey are likely going to be critical pieces early on as we'll need them given the guys hurt. Someone said they heard on twitter that Vogt was eligible now for this season? I haven't seen that anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Antonio View Post

Jarron did not play. His foot is no longer in a boot or heavily wrapped like it was a various points this summer. Seems like it’s just day to day on ramping up his involvement.

Moore on the other hand, or foot as it were, was in a boot. He’s got an Achilles injury. Brannen said six weeks recovery which I think makes it a mid-grade sprain.

Davenport still recovering from his midsession knee issue which required a procedure. He’s slated to be out until December and as of now I would expect him to redshirt unless our depth is thin at the point he returns.

Prince Toyambi is also out “indefinitely” with an injury according to Coach. No word on the nature of the injury. He initially joined the layup line during warmups but then stepped to the side with the other injured players. He seemed to maybe be walking a little gingerly but didn’t have any really noticeable issues. Not sure what’s going on there.

Event was well attended. Lower bowl totally full and the upper baselines were full and some overflow into the upper main stands.

Jaevin won the three point contest. Shot as smooth as ever.

Scrimmage was rushed. Nothing much to be gleaned. Mamoudou was 2-2 from behind the arc (the new, deeper, international line) but not much defense was played. Harvey was running the floor well and McNeal looked good getting to the hoop several times. Lots of dunks.

3 of the 4 walk ons got run for the (winning) black team. Sam Martin started. I wonder if his plans have changed regarding his year abroad.

Overall a very nice event on a great night in Clifton.
                              Based in what I've seen posted around, Sam Martin has delayed his decision to study overseas for now. Not sure when he's set to do it at this point.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X