X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lobot
    started a topic Preseason articles 2019

Preseason articles 2019

This is the first big analysis I’ve seen on the program coming into the year.

State of the Hoops Program: At Cincinnati, John Brannen has one eye on this year and the other on the future. ($)

https://theathletic.com/1113867/2019...on-the-future/

• BearKatz
    replied
    Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
    If Jarron is bringing the ball upcourt in an up tempo offense, I could see multiple triple doubles with an average of 7 assists. Even in the flow of the offense Jarron has a high basketball IQ and will get assists from being double teamed so often.

I agree, we will have to wait and see.... If he plays the entire year, without injury(s).... I truly hope he is not snubbed and receives All American votes.... Sick n Tired of seeing one and done freshman receive the majority of the votes etc.....

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    If Jarron is bringing the ball upcourt in an up tempo offense, I could see multiple triple doubles with an average of 7 assists. Even in the flow of the offense Jarron has a high basketball IQ and will get assists from being double teamed so often.

Leave a comment:

• BearKatz
    replied
    Originally posted by loshow22 View Post

If that ends up being his stat line, he'll be first team AA. He'd be top 10 in the country in assists.

I might be a little too high on the Assist's, probably more like (5) per game... Could be low on the Point Total,could exceed 20plus ppg this year...

Leave a comment:

• loshow22
    replied
    Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

I like the sound of Cumberland being a 1st Team All American this year.... I would settle for 2nd Team.... Cumberland will average 19.4ppg , 7ast, 5rb.....
    If that ends up being his stat line, he'll be first team AA. He'd be top 10 in the country in assists.

Leave a comment:

• BearKatz
    replied
    Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
    Listening to Jeff Goodman's latest pod featuring someone named Joe Sullivan, a former sports editor for the Boston Globe. Sullivan is clearly a college basketball junkie. They were discussing hires and Sullivan asked Goodman about Brannen. Goodman admitted he didn't have a good feel on that one -- really respects what he did at NKU but just didn't seem knowledgeable enough. Then Sullivan predicted Cumberland would be a 1st team All American this year.

I like the sound of Cumberland being a 1st Team All American this year.... I would settle for 2nd Team.... Cumberland will average 19.4ppg , 7ast, 5rb.....

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Listening to Jeff Goodman's latest pod featuring someone named Joe Sullivan, a former sports editor for the Boston Globe. Sullivan is clearly a college basketball junkie. They were discussing hires and Sullivan asked Goodman about Brannen. Goodman admitted he didn't have a good feel on that one -- really respects what he did at NKU but just didn't seem knowledgeable enough. Then Sullivan predicted Cumberland would be a 1st team All American this year.

Leave a comment:

• coach
    replied
    I like it that he's very confident in his ability to build a "program". He seems to be very sure of his knowledge of what it takes to succeed consistently and how he gets there. He's short on press, but long on activity behind the scenes.

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    I am liking Brannen more each time I read something new or he does another interview. I think the players will give their all for him.

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X