Laquill Hardnett to transfer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laquill Hardnett to transfer

247 is reporting that Hardnett is in the transfer portal. This is ostensibly so we can sign Zach Harvey and possibly reclassify him to 2019.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    247 is reporting that Hardnett is in the transfer portal. This is ostensibly so we can sign Zach Harvey and possibly reclassify him to 2019.
    Best of luck to Hardnett - hope he didn't get pushed out, but seemed like he was still going to be at the end of the bench another year/at least a year away.

Comment

Zach would be a great get, but Losing Laquill sucks though. Not sure how he was going to fit in to Brannen's game, but Zach has the skill set he is looking for. Smaller guy and different position though.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        I understand scholarships are renewable each year and Zach coming in for 2019 is a huge win for the program, but I hate when the numbers game does this to a kid. He is probably enrolled in summer classes and left the spring semester thinking he would be getting a chance in 19/20. Tough decisions for the coaching staff, but it sucks.
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

I assume that Laquill can play immediately at his new school since he sat out last year. I hate when this kind of thing happens as well. I understand coach Brannen is on the spot his first year, I just hope this becomes a rare occurrence going forward. I hope this works out well for all involved.

Comment

If I remember correctly, Aaron McGee was forced out of UC to make a scholarship available Ruben Patterson. McGee went on to be a star for Oklahoma and lead them to a final 4.

Comment

We do not know the situation. He may have contemplated leaving regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by cinmike View Post
                If I remember correctly, Aaron McGee was forced out of UC to make a scholarship available Ruben Patterson. McGee went on to be a star for Oklahoma and lead them to a final 4.
                You are correct. I think we also had a player recruited over in the late '90s who went to Cincinnati St then came back to UC.

Best wishes and luck to Laquilll
                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

What has to he difficult now for Hardnett is finding a good fit. It’s awfully late in the process. Most schools have filled their 2019 rosters.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
                    What has to he difficult now for Hardnett is finding a good fit. It’s awfully late in the process. Most schools have filled their 2019 rosters.
                    Yeah honestly unless he was leaning this way anyway, I have some questions about this. It has the potential to be a little ugly. I'm not saying it is but you could speculate that it is. Maybe he wasn't a good system fit for Brannen but now we'll probably never know. He was in with Rehfeldt earlier this week which makes it seem sudden. Maybe he was told he wasn't going to play in this system and they were going to recruit over him.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I feel sorry for players in college that have to go through coaching changes. Even if you're the best player on earth, you have to learn a new system and re-prove yourself to the new coach.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by cinmike View Post

You are correct, and in someways I felt UC got the short end of the stick.... As I remember everyone thought McGee would be back... Instead went onto Oklahoma to be a Star as you said... I remember watching him, wishing we still had him.... I hope this Harvey kid is a done deal....If not, it's a waste to see Laquill Hardnett transfer....

Comment

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

You are correct, and in someways I felt UC got the short end of the stick.... As I remember everyone thought McGee would be back... Instead went onto Oklahoma to be a Star as you said... I remember watching him, wishing we still had him.... I hope this Harvey kid is a done deal....If not, it's a waste to see Laquill Hardnett transfer....
                          McGhee was asked to go JUCO after the 98-99 season because DerMarr was coming in, not Patterson. Patterson played prior.

Comment

If there had not been an injury to martin, that move would have paid out wonderfully.

Comment

Absolutely, for DeMarr not Ruben... I can't blame Ace McGee for not wanting to come back... Huggin's made a bad move asking McGee to play JUCO for one year....Look at that roster 99, you could have Red-shirted Stokes or BJ Grove and still kept McGee, or does being Red Shirted still count as a Scholarship for that year.... ?

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X