No announcement yet.

NCAA infractions - NOT UC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, nothing says clean like two vacated final four appearances. He takes guys who could go straight to the NBA from high school and takes credit for getting them to the NBA.

Comment

ESPN reported today that James Wiseman is suspended for a total of 12 games, leaving 11 left to go. He will return to the Memphis squad on 1/12/20 versus USF. UC goes to Memphis four days later.

UM are appealing, saying he's being treated too harshly. I "respectfully" disagree.

Comment

Memphis has already admitted to the facts in this mess. The appeal is BS.

Wiseman has to pay back 11.5K to a charity of his choice before he can set foot on the court. If he doesn’t have it, he can’t play. If I’m him, I pack up and go to the draft instead of risking injury
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
          Memphis has already admitted to the facts in this mess. The appeal is BS.

Wiseman has to pay back 11.5K to a charity of his choice before he can set foot on the court. If he doesn’t have it, he can’t play. If I’m him, I pack up and go to the draft instead of risking injury
          I was wondering where a college freshman gets that kind of money to just donate. Very odd they would appeal. I do agree with Memphis that donating this amount to a charity is harsh since the loan was given to his parents and paid off in full. The saga continues....
          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

I was wondering where a college freshman gets that kind of money to just donate. Very odd they would appeal. I do agree with Memphis that donating this amount to a charity is harsh since the loan was given to his parents and paid off in full. The saga continues....
            Maybe one of Anfernee's NBA buddies (non Memphis booster) will pick up the tab?

Comment

Originally posted by GoCats1994 View Post

Sure, sure because they don't care about new infractions.
              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by GoCats1994 View Post

No can do:

Boosters, referred to by the NCAA as “representatives of the institution’s athletic interests,” include anyone who has:
                • Assisted in providing benefits to enrolled student athletes or their families.

Comment

Can't find the orginal source but apparently Wiseman has the money. Interesting.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                    Can't find the orginal source but apparently Wiseman has the money. Interesting.
                    Per the Memphis Commercial Appeal, Wiseman doesn't need a dime yet. He'll be allowed to put together a payment plan over a four-year period. He'll be able to play after the 12-game suspension, but perhaps make only a token good faith payment. Then, after he cashes his first big NBA check, he can pay it off, if he wants.

https://www.commercialappeal.com/sto...aa/4255088002/

Comment

I cant for the life of me see how any of this is a deterrent from this behavior happening again. Punish the kid yea he had eyes wide open signing the loi to begin with but what about Hardaway. Where is his punishment? Theres a possibly MU could lose the 12 games the kid will not play in but it just seems the NCAA doesnt really want to stop this type of infractions.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                        I cant for the life of me see how any of this is a deterrent from this behavior happening again. Punish the kid yea he had eyes wide open signing the loi to begin with but what about Hardaway. Where is his punishment? Theres a possibly MU could lose the 12 games the kid will not play in but it just seems the NCAA doesnt really want to stop this type of infractions.
                        I think Memphis took the major cue from the NC academic scandal: Lawyer up and you'll be just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

I think Memphis took the major cue from the NC academic scandal: Lawyer up and you'll be just fine.
                          That could be I'm betting that that's just going to slow down the pace of things for Penny and Memphis.

The case I'd be watching on this one isn't UNC, It's Arizona. Sean Miller was directly implicated in the recruiting violations there. It'll be interesting how long it takes the NCAA to figure that case out now that the Book Richardson thing is out of the federal court system.

The punishment for Miller should be bigger than Hardaway. More money was involved. Neither is a repeat violator as far as the NCAA knows right now. Where that might change for both of them is if Wiseman or DeAndre Ayton weren't the only payments they made.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X