Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCAA infractions - NOT UC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NCAA infractions - NOT UC

    NOT UC !!!

    Matt Norlander is reporting that at least 6 schools will get hit with major infraction investigation this summer. the school name haven't been released s the notices haven’t gone out quite yet.

    I’ll venture a guess Arizona is one of them.
    Last edited by Lobot; 06-12-2019, 06:50 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

  • #2
    LSU would be a given, if I was running that investigation.

    Comment


    • #3
      Can you state with 100% certainty not UC? I'm sure it's not, but who knows ...

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
        Can you state with 100% certainty not UC? I'm sure it's not, but who knows ...
        Technically I can't but can't imagine it would be.

        You've got Louisville, Kansas, Arizona, LSU, NC State, Oregon, TCU, Miami, USC and others to pick from. Can't imagine they'd hit UNC or Duke or UK but you never know.

        I'm not saying this will happen, but it would suck for Nysier Brooks if Miami gets a post season ban over the recruitment of Nassir Little.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

        Comment


        • #5
          Nothing against Brooks, but i really don't think he went to Miami Florida to further his bball career. If that was paramount, he would never have transferred to begin with. Buyer beware given he's not even a shoe in to play next year, and he may be playing for a coach to be named later. That will go down as the most puzzling transfer i've seen.

          Comment


          • #6
            Here’s the cbssports.com article that broke the story:

            https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...is-summer/amp/

            Comment


            • #7
              https://sports.yahoo.com/which-schoo...201725988.html

              A Yahoo Sports analysis of the federal court cases revealed that there’s somewhere around a dozen schools that could expect to be implicated by the NCAA. There’s also the issue of how the NCAA will handle the cases, as there’s an expectation that they could use the head coach control rule to punish coaches who had assistant coaches implicated in the schemes.

              Those expected to be in the crosshairs and face the most significant penalties include: Louisville, North Carolina State, Kansas, Arizona, LSU, USC, Oklahoma State, South Carolina and Auburn. TCU, Creighton and Clemson all also had assistant coaches implicated in the scandal and could face sanctions.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by coach View Post
                Nothing against Brooks, but i really don't think he went to Miami Florida to further his bball career. If that was paramount, he would never have transferred to begin with. Buyer beware given he's not even a shoe in to play next year, and he may be playing for a coach to be named later. That will go down as the most puzzling transfer i've seen.
                I've seen two variations of rumor on this. The first was he went for academics and to get a graduate degree in a program UC doesn't offer. I can't confirm that. Haven't heard a thing on that front other than the rumor itself . The second version was it's party time in MIami. Can't confirm that either. To be honest I think the first option is where he's at and that might surprise some people.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Lobot View Post

                  I've seen two variations of rumor on this. The first was he went for academics and to get a graduate degree in a program UC doesn't offer. I can't confirm that. Haven't heard a thing on that front other than the rumor itself . The second version was it's party time in MIami. Can't confirm that either. To be honest I think the first option is where he's at and that might surprise some people.
                  Can't comment on either, but worth noting that Brooks (and Nsoseme, Scott, and Toyambi) did post a 3.4+ GPA https://gobearcats.com/documents/201.../19SS_Dean.pdf ... usually UC has just 1-2 guys with at least a 3.0 and they are walk ons, so that's nice to see

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Not to change the subject but some video of Toyambi and Tre Scott lifting on Rehfeldt's twitter. Toyambi is a very strong looking kid. Serious guns. I didn't realize he was that solid of a kid.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      NIce find!
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I saw those videos and I'm trying to decide who he reminds me of and I think it's Toyloy. I wanted to say Danny Fortson and Toyambi is not quite that wide based on pics I've seen.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Anyway, let's steer this back to the topic and yes I'm guilty too.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

                          Comment

                          Responsive Ad Widget

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X