Penny Hardaway's Recruiting Haul

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penny Hardaway's Recruiting Haul

This is going to make UC's rebuild even tougher to bring up to AAC championship level:

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports....wn-in-memphis/

The bigger they are, the harder they fall. Bring it, we have and always have had Penny's number. I like what they are doing in Memphis, but very curious if they are repeating Calipari's history of NCAA infractions. Pure speculation.
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

They picked another 5 star today in Achiuwa. Crazy.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

How will he find playing time for all of them? And how long before the NCAA takes a look?

Comment

Seriously, I would love to know what he is selling them on! Memphis is not a big program in a big conference. Unless he is pulling Calipari/Pitino/Miller moves by playing the players in spite of the FBI investigations, he shouldn't be able to get this level of players. He has no level of success in coaching yet. I really want to know what is going on there...

Comment

This is great for the conference. Strength of schedule increases. If we beat them we move up a ton, if we lose it barely hurts us.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilenerm View Post
              Seriously, I would love to know what he is selling them on! Memphis is not a big program in a big conference. Unless he is pulling Calipari/Pitino/Miller moves by playing the players in spite of the FBI investigations, he shouldn't be able to get this level of players. He has no level of success in coaching yet. I really want to know what is going on there...
              It is possible that no programs are currently making player payments, which changes EVERYTHING.

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

It is possible that no programs are currently making player payments, which changes EVERYTHING.
                This made me actually laugh out loud.

Comment

Tom Bowen quit last week. Supposedly it’s not over this. Safe to say he’s either retiring early or trying save his career here. They’ll be on probation in 4 years and Penny will be coaching in the NBA. Watch.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

We know what's going on. The NCAA knows what's going on. The FBI knows what's going on. Fans and NCAA turn a blind eye if not too egregious.

Comment

On that note if I were an up and coming AD looking for work, I’d run screaming in the other direction if this job came across my email.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Naturally, the Memphis Commercial Appeal has a list of a few candidates to replace Bowen. One of them would make this a beautiful situation … Tom Jurich

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
                          Naturally, the Memphis Commercial Appeal has a list of a few candidates to replace Bowen. One of them would make this a beautiful situation … Tom Jurich
                          Bahahahaha . fitting
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Recruits are flocking to Memphis because an EX NBA star is the coach which makes me wonder what would have happened if we would have hired Van Exel. I know he isn't the name that Penny was but it would have been interesting especially since recruiting is off to a slow start. Don't get me wrong. I like the Brannen hire because it was the sensible hire as opposed to the sexy hire that the public wanted. But with the slow recruiting that has took place once Brannen was in place it makes you wonder. I know Brannen came here late in the process so I am not holding it against him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcats1232002 View Post
                              Recruits are flocking to Memphis because an EX NBA star is the coach which makes me wonder what would have happened if we would have hired Van Exel. I know he isn't the name that Penny was but it would have been interesting especially since recruiting is off to a slow start. Don't get me wrong. I like the Brannen hire because it was the sensible hire as opposed to the sexy hire that the public wanted. But with the slow recruiting that has took place once Brannen was in place it makes you wonder. I know Brannen came here late in the process so I am not holding it against him.
                              Penny also coached some of those guys in AAU, so he already had a relationship with them.
                              Former KMart Ball Boy

"Graduation is the key, period. I am on a mission to stop the exploitive nature of college athletics. We must make sure our kids graduate and have opportunities to have productive and happy lives." -MC

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X