No announcement yet.

Roster...Apparently in Flux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder what the possibilities are that we might contact Chris Clarke from Va Tech and/or Shakur Juiston from UNLV? Havent heard their names linked anywhere...not even to other programs.
    Cory Huffman
    Cin City

Comment

A PG is a definite....dire. If Ellie goes, we become thin in the front court as Gillam and Hardnett are young and unproven. Depth in the paint and a pg are an extreme must.
      Cory Huffman
      Cin City

Comment

I wonder with coaching change in Michigan if that will free up any recruits or transfers?

Comment

Think they only have two incoming freshman, one of which is DJ Wilson's little brother. Never know I suppose.
          Cory Huffman
          Cin City

Comment

Originally posted by loshow22 View Post
            Think they only have two incoming freshman, one of which is DJ Wilson's little brother. Never know I suppose.
            The other is Mo Wagner's little brother, from Germany.

Comment

I hope all the guys transferring are leaving in good academic standing, so as not to screw up the APR.

Comment

I am beginning to have real concerns about next year. Brooks was finally rounding into a servicable center. Nsoseme jumping ship leaves us without an experienced center, Johnson leaving leaves us without a sparkplug and experienced point guard and I think Cumberland is gone to Europe. Unless Brannen's run and gun 40 minute style works with our existing players, we are looking at a sub-20 win somewhat disappointing season. Anybody else concerned??

Comment

Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post
                  I am beginning to have real concerns about next year. Brooks was finally rounding into a servicable center. Nsoseme jumping ship leaves us without an experienced center, Johnson leaving leaves us without a sparkplug and experienced point guard and I think Cumberland is gone to Europe. Unless Brannen's run and gun 40 minute style works with our existing players, we are looking at a sub-20 win somewhat disappointing season. Anybody else concerned??
                  Concerned until I don't have to be. Never know...next week this time we might be whistling a different tune.
                  Cory Huffman
                  Cin City

Comment

No concerns at all. Next year, we may come up a little short more often than we're used to seeing, but as the saying goes, "ya can't win 'em all". With coaching changes in basketball, there is more turnover percentage than in football, because the reality is players commit to the coach, some of it is coaching style some of it is relationship. The guys leaving were really tight with Mick and/or won't fit the more open style offense Coach Brannen will install. We are getting new players, and it may take some time to get it right, even if no one had left. In the long term, Coach Brannen will bring an exciting, high powered offense, with a high energy defense that will take the program to the next level in terms of winning and post season success.

If the cost of that long term success is a "down year", it's going to be worth it. There is no way this team will lose 20 games in 19/20. There's too much talent on the team that will fit nicely into Brannen's scheme. Keith Williams, Trevon Scott, Diarra will show marked improvement. I think the two redhsirt players (Prince and Hardnett) will be solid role players. We will get the other positions filled. IF we do get up to 20 losses, meh, still not concerned in the long term. The roster impacts of a coaching change are simply huge in basketball, meaning the impact can just as easily swing positive with Brannen's players and scheme fully implemented the follwing year.
                    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

The guy we will miss the most is Johnson. He was ready to explode and he DOES fit the new system. Its always hard to convince a kid twice to leave the West coast for a Mid West school.

Comment

Johnson...meh. He never really impressed me that much...maybe by his senior year. If JC does not return, I am not concerned b/c I am resigned to the fact we will lose a lot of games next year. Even if JC does come back, it will probably be an NIT/CBI year.

Comment

(IF) Jarron comes back and his Cousin follows as some say he will, I'll sleep a lot better... Brooks gone leaves a hole at Center... If Vogt ends up transferring, that will help.... Wouldn't be surprised if we don't have a couple more commits by mid next week.... Oh, and Nsoseme leaving, fine by me!

Comment

Vogt won't help next year - hes got to sit one and I think a waiver is unlikely in his case.
                            Johnson was probably our best offense guard last year and didn't play more because he was learning behind 2 Senior guards. Taking care of the ball and running an offense is primary for a point guard and he was unproven in this regard, but just for pure offense ability he was our best guard option and probably underutilized.

Comment

Coach Brannen just tweeted a gif. Looks like we have some good news coming.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X