Roster...Apparently in Flux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roster...Apparently in Flux

Feel free to add or, in the current state of things, remove...

Guards:
    Jarron Cumberland Sr.
    Trevor Moore Jr.
    Jon Koz
    Sam Martin (Not on roster next year due to studying aboard)
    Keith Williams Jr.

Forwards:
    Tre Scott Sr.
    Prince Gillam Fr.
    Laquill Hardnett Fr.
    Mamadou Diarra So.

Center:
    Chris Vogt Jr. (Redshirt)

Incoming Recuits:
    Jeremiah Davenport Fr. Guard/Wing Forward
    Mika Adams-Woods Fr. Combo Guard
    Chris McNeal Sr. PG
    Jaume Sorolla Sr. C
    Jaevin Cumberland Sr. Guard

Not gonna lie, but this coming season is as excited as I've been in a long time and thats mainly because I have no remote clue how this will play out.
    Last edited by loshow22; 06-04-2019, 08:02 AM.
    Cory Huffman
    Cin City

Next man in
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

I hate this...

Logan and Jarron need to come back.
      Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

Originally posted by CroninCrazy View Post
        I hate this...

Logan and Jarron need to come back.
        No. These young men need to do what is best for them. I agree JC and Logan staying might be best for them in the long run. Sorry, but our needs as fans doesn't trump their needs as individuals. Stop whining.

These young men think for the good of the team within context of what is also good for them. Our entertainment wants is just another exploit of already exploited college athletes. I hope they find happiness for them, not for you and I as fans.
        Last edited by red_n_black_attack; 05-12-2019, 11:11 AM.
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

It's almost as bad as when Cronin took over... With everyone leaving etc... Makes me wonder how many of these players believe in Brannen? I stand by it's a bad hire, I can not believe we settled with him... That being said, I know we're interested in just about anyone who can dribble a ball... If the Season were to start tomorrow, what would the starting (5) look like:

Keith Williams
          Tre Scott
          Prince Gillam
          Laquill Hardnett
          Mamadou Diarra or Ellie Nsnome

Reserves:
          Trevor Moore Jr.
          Jeremiah Davenport Fr.

If Cumberland comes back, and I'm guessing now he's not... You obviously remove Gillam or Hardnett from the lineup.... I truly hope Trevor Moore is not in the starting lineup, for simple fact he can not score... same with Nsnome, decent rebounder, but can clearly not score...

I have been gone for a few days, so I'm playing catch up... Haven't read about Davenport, I sure hope he can play!

After reading up on Davenport, I wouldn't be surprised if he's not in the starting lineup by December... Hopefully he can play!
          Last edited by BearKatz; 05-12-2019, 12:47 PM.

Comment

I'd be shocked if we didn't add another 2 guards and a pf/c.
            Cory Huffman
            Cin City

Comment

We need an immediately eligible PG from the grad transfer list and either a sit out transfer or a Juco or High level HS PG that can play in 2020. I like Taryn Todd as a CG but even if we add him, I think we need an upper classman in addition. Trevon and Mamadou are going to end up playing C/F and it's a matter of time until Nsoseme enters the transfer portal. That leaves you with Toyambi (Gillam) and Hardnett at the 4. Everything that was said about those guys by the last staff leads me to believe that they can handle that.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Is Cumberland's cousin worth going after? I believe he's on the portal list. https://goldengrizzlies.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5877

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                  We need an immediately eligible PG from the grad transfer list and either a sit out transfer or a Juco or High level HS PG that can play in 2020. I like Taryn Todd as a CG but even if we add him, I think we need an upper classman in addition. Trevon and Mamadou are going to end up playing C/F and it's a matter of time until Nsoseme enters the transfer portal. That leaves you with Toyambi (Gillam) and Hardnett at the 4. Everything that was said about those guys by the last staff leads me to believe that they can handle that.

Hardnett played PG his last (2) years of H.S. Ball I believe, Senior for sure... Would be interesting with his size if he can really play.... Why / What do you know about Nsoseme transferring? What's the deal with this ? To be honest, I won't miss another defensive minded player who can't score....Todd appears like he would be a good edition to the team.... with Curtis getting screwed at VT, I don't see why he just doesn't commit to UC....

The only bright spot with the Brannen hire, Diarra may actually shine in his system and be a legit big-time scorer....
                  Last edited by BearKatz; 05-12-2019, 06:39 PM.

Comment

He’s definitely worth going after and we could have a chance if Jarron comes back but as of now he’s receiving big interest from Michigan and Oregon.

Comment

Originally posted by Carin's Dad View Post
                      Is Cumberland's cousin worth going after? I believe he's on the portal list. https://goldengrizzlies.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5877
                      After further research. He's worth going after, but Michigan looks like they have him. Also visited Purdue and Oregon.

Comment

Cumberlands cousin NEVER wanted to play for UC... This I know for a fact, he wanted to play for X at one time, and Mack left... Cumberlands cousin never liked Cronins coaching style... Not sure if he would change his mind now or not.
                        Last edited by BearKatz; 05-12-2019, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

Hardnett played PG his last (2) years of H.S. Ball I believe, Senior for sure... Would be interesting with his size if he can really play.... Why / What do you know about Nsoseme transferring? What's the deal with this ? To be honest, I won't miss another defensive minded player who can't score....Todd appears like he would be a good edition to the team.... with Curtis getting screwed at VT, I don't see why he just doesn't commit to UC....

The only bright spot with the Brannen hire, Diarra make actually shine in his system and be a legit big-time scorer....
                          I hope Nsoseme doesn't transfer but the big rumor is that he's expected to. I honestly don't see a place for him in this system. He's very limited offensively or at least he was in Cronin's system anyway. If he can't hit a 2 pt jumper with regularity then he exists only for defense and he won't see the floor much. I love the guy's energy and hustle but I don't think this is the right fit for him.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Nsoseme transferring would not be a big loss, he honestly can't contribute too much and i don't think he is good enough for our conference. Where are the rumors about him transferring?

Comment

His footwork is absolutely terrible as well as his free throw shooting. He travels almost every touch he gets on offense. I’m not trying to bash him at all, I like and appreciate every player that comes to play for UC, but honestly I hope he transfers to get an additional scholarship. I don’t see him improving that much over the next 2 years and also not sure how his game fits into this offense.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X