Logan Johnson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logan Johnson

Don't panic yet. He hasn't said a thing about leaving to my knowledge.

His dream school out of HS was UCLA. He would have to enter the transfer portal for anyone (read: MIck) to talk to him and at this point he has not done so. If MIck were to talk to him directly about transferring to UCLA, I think UCLA would incur an NCAA infraction under the current transfer portal rules.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Delete this!

I really hope Logan stays; he could possibly be the starting PG this year.
    Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

I like having a thread dedicated to one of my favorite young players. He could see 30 min or more per game next year and follow his brother to the Show a year or two after. Given the rampant rumors seen in other threads, discussing LoJo alone seemed worthy.
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Like I said don't panic. Tyger Campbell at UCLA is the starting PG and he's a still a freshman after missing all last year due to injury. Cronin only has one scholly open at UCLA currently and wants to leave it open. Unless a spot opens up, Logan's not going there. He'd have to compete for playing time with Campbell who's in the same class and has an additional year coming. He's the starter at UC for sure if he stays here.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I'd understand if Johnson wanted to go back home for non basketball reasons, but the offense Brannen plays is much closer to what Johnson was doing in high school that got him to D1. He's obviously in the mix for a lot of playing time. He of all people knows that having watched Jenifer and Broome this year. Playing time is what guys want. It will work itself out.

Comment

Logan in the transfer portal, per Borzello

Comment

Things just got worse. this team is in terrible shape and Brannen has done nothing, Why is it all these players are leaving? This is going to damage this team and I have no faith in Brannen right now.

Comment

Originally posted by gobearcats1 View Post
                Things just got worse. this team is in terrible shape and Brannen has done nothing, Why is it all these players are leaving? This is going to damage this team and I have no faith in Brannen right now.
                Why do players leave? Well, if it follows a coaching change, it's usually because they came to play for the coach that built the strong relationship that got them there in the first place. Their LOI states that they are signing with the school and not the coach, but , in reality, in most cases they're there for the coach.

That bond has been broken. Both Cronin and Savino, who recruited him, are in CA.

If Johnson wants to pursue other avenues, there's very little that the new coach can do. He can't lock him in his room.

Comment

Wtffffffffff is going on here...?!!?
                  Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

Originally posted by gobearcats1 View Post
                    Whatever went on with Mick/Bohn affects the players that have great affection for their coach.

Some of the player decisions don't make sense to us, but it is their decisions. Brannen is barely a factor in this and hasn't had time to do much this late in the process. It's much like when Mick came and Anda's staff hadn't done much recruiting.

This will take time. As to faith in Brannen, he needs to build that; my faith isn't given, it's earned.I believe he will earn it soon enough.
                    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

This doesn't look good for sure. If all the rumored transfers happen we'll almost be back to 2006 again. More talent than that team with Williams, Scott, Moore, and Diarra still there with playing experience. Looking at it that way, Tony Yates is the only coach in the last half century to leave the team markedly better than he found it.

Of course if Cumberland and Johnson stay we could have a NCAA tournament team.

Comment

Don’t dump on Logan just yet. This is family related and if things happen right he could be back
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                          Don’t dump on Logan just yet. This is family related and if things happen right he could be back
                          Work your magic and bring him back!
                          Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                            Hoping eveything is okay.

That being said, from a purely basketball point of view, feel like this is giving a sense of hope when odds are he's not returning. Unless you know more details.

Comment

Mom's side:

"Logan may possibly leave, he has several family issues going on at the present."
                              Last edited by CroninCrazy; 05-10-2019, 10:53 PM.
                              Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X