No announcement yet.

Cumberland entering NBA Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 assists, 0 turnovers highlight today's stat line: https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/sta...38192418189313

On paper, doesn't look like he shined at the G League combine. And, as an elite college scorer, he's not going to grab attention for being a role player not putting many points on the board.

Comment

But he is a role player and certainly not an elite scorer at the next level......sooooo

Comment

He might be starting to realize that he needs to come back for an extra year. Back to back bad days against a lot of the guys he would be playing against in the g league.

Comment

Chad Brendel on Local 12's The Skinny Podcast regarding possibility of Cumberland returning or still playing professionally: "I think it's more likely, from everything I've heard throughout the process, that if he didn't end up at the NBA Combine, the odds were far better than not that he'd return to Cincinnati for his senior year."

(It does not look like he'd be getting an NBA Combine invite, which should be announced in the next day or so)

Comment

If he comes back he'll probably spend most of the year on the ball for lack of other options. A full season like that will probably help his draft stock next year. Cronin mentioned he thought Jarron could play about 10 pounds lighter to improve his quickness and ball handle to get ready for the draft after his senior year.

I hope he gets drafted to the NBA this year, but if not returning is probably his best option. It worked out for Gary Clark that way.

Comment

10 additional NBA Combine invites went out (to G League Combine participants), but Cumberland not one of them. UCF's Tacko Fall and Tulsa's Dequan Jeffries among them -- per @DraftExpress

Comment

He's not getting drafted at the NBA level this year. I think that's a foregone conclusion. I also don't see him getting to the NBA combine based on his performance at the G League combine this week. Barely scored. I could be wrong on that one.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Bottom line, Cumberland will either play overseas, or come back for his senior year... I truly hope he picks playing for UC next year.... Overseas will be waiting for him next year... At this point, Jarron can only improve his chances of playing in the NBA or G League... Will be interesting if Jarron comes back, if his cousin will follow....

Comment

If he realizes that he will never make the NBA, why would he come back. If it is gonna be Europe, take the money and a plane today. Why put off if this is what will happen Get the check.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
                      If he realizes that he will never make the NBA, why would he come back. If it is gonna be Europe, take the money and a plane today. Why put off if this is what will happen Get the check.
                      I think Jarron has potential to reach NBA, especially with an additional year to work on those things. I haven't seen anything that says he won't ever reach NBA, though that message could be there. Sidebar, slightly different direction. There were lots of rumors on Twitter last night, but @BearcatOutsider only reported no combine invite meaning it increases chances he returns. The other rumors was that JC is returning AND his cousin will play PG, as a combo deal. Do any of these rumors actually have legs or is this wishful thinking?
                      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

He defintely did not get a combine invite and if I could get this software to behave itself, I'd post the entire invite list.

Here's the top measurements and scrimmage results. You have to fight to find Cumberland on here.

https://gleague.nba.com/news/2019-nb...sting-results/

Here are the G league camp participants that got NBA Combine invites. One thing I want to point out here is that there was a tweet referncing a NBA exec saying that they were intentionally sandbagging all their votes for the G league players to hide their intentions of drafting certain guys. They had already seen their guys and didn't need to see them again at the NBA combine so they sabotaged the vote.

@DraftExpress 17h17 hours ago
                        Nevada's Cody Martin, Miami's Dewan Hernandez, UCF's Tacko Fall, Auburn's Jared Harper, Iowa's Tyler Cook, Syracuse's O'Shae Brissett, and Mississippi State's Reggie Perry fill out the list of NBA Combine additions.

Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

I think Jarron has potential to reach NBA, especially with an additional year to work on those things. I haven't seen anything that says he won't ever reach NBA, though that message could be there. Sidebar, slightly different direction. There were lots of rumors on Twitter last night, but @BearcatOutsider only reported no combine invite meaning it increases chances he returns. The other rumors was that JC is returning AND his cousin will play PG, as a combo deal. Do any of these rumors actually have legs or is this wishful thinking?

So can anyone in this forum comment if the rumors are true or not ? Would be HUGE if Jarron comes back and his Cousin were to join him...

Comment

Sorry, meant to address that. It's a rumor so who knows for sure but I've seen multiple sources with varying reliability say that IF Jarron comes back, Jaevin is coming with him. Tony Paul of the Detroit News was the first I saw of it. That is absolutely a legit source. He also stated that if Jarron leaves, Jaevin will commit to Michigan and not UC. So the question is what is Jarron going to do and we don't really know for sure.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

So can anyone in this forum comment if the rumors are true or not ? Would be HUGE if Jarron comes back and his Cousin were to join him...
                              Good point, I usually take everything on internet with a grain of salt. That said, there are some members on this board that get information very quickly, sometimes before publicly acknowledged/reported. I apologize; my intent was not to spread the rumors. There just seemed to be a bunch of similar info that seemed to good to be true so I brought it here for additional perspective. No intent to mislead or get hopes up, it seemed worthy of inquiring.

I doubt we here anything officially until the end of May if JC withdraws his name or not.
                              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

Good point, I usually take everything on internet with a grain of salt. That said, there are some members on this board that get information very quickly, sometimes before publicly acknowledged/reported. I apologize; my intent was not to spread the rumors. There just seemed to be a bunch of similar info that seemed to good to be true so I brought it here for additional perspective. No intent to mislead or get hopes up, it seemed worthy of inquiring.

I doubt we here anything officially until the end of May if JC withdraws his name or not.

I personally wasn't taking it as you spreading rumors... It's just speculation from a lot of sources... Some appear to very legit...Would be a huge lift for this Team if we get both of them... Along with Davenport, might not be much of a drop off from last years team... Just need a Quality Big Man....

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X