No announcement yet.

Cumberland entering NBA Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cumberland invited to the G League elite camp. I think the top 5 performers there get invites to the NBA combine.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...mp/1122788001/

Comment

That's kind of expected. If you sit outside the first 60, you generally will get an invite in that next group. I think that also includes guys who played in the D league last year. Good luck getting shots in this group.

https://pr.nba.com/2019-nba-gleague-elite-camp/

Comment

According to a Rothstein tweet Jarron was NOT one of the participants in the G League combine to earn an NBA combine invite.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
          According to a Rothstein tweet Jarron was NOT one of the participants in the G League combine to earn an NBA combine invite.
          Did he say that? I saw him tweet a screenshot of the NBA combine participants (and I thought that a few of the top G League combine performers will ultimately get an invite).

Side note -- Rothstein randomly blocked me on Twitter several years ago. But I can view his stuff when not logged in ha...

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

Did he say that? I saw him tweet a screenshot of the NBA combine participants (and I thought that a few of the top G League combine performers will ultimately get an invite).

Side note -- Rothstein randomly blocked me on Twitter several years ago. But I can view his stuff when not logged in ha...
            You're right. He didn't say that although someone did and now I can't find the tweet. The G League combine is May 12-14th, The NBA Combine is the 14-19. Deadline to pull your name out of the draft is the 29th.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

That list of 66 includes the 6 from the G league. Original invites were 60, plus the added 6. I'd have to look at it closely to see who the 6 were that got the other invites.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
                That list of 66 includes the 6 from the G league. Original invites were 60, plus the added 6. I'd have to look at it closely to see who the 6 were that got the other invites.
                It's possible that some people turned down NBA combine invites, so they pulled others from the G League list. Rui Hachamura from Gonzaga was someone who declined NBA invite. But were there five others?

Comment

I've seen some speculation (trust me I know FB is pure speculation 99.99% of the time, but this came from Mel Levitt). The speculation is that Jarron would rather play professionally, either in G-League or Europe, than return to UC for his senior season. The jist of the post was that he is tired of college life and ready for any pay day, AND he would've made this choice even if Mick was still here. Has anyone heard anything to support or counter this claim?
                  Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

If that's true, I am depressed.

Comment

That's the reality of today's world. Heck, X's entire lineup declared and none of them are Nba players. It's a player's call.

Comment

I haven’t seen anything specific on JC but looks like we’re losing 2 more guys. It would stand to reason he would be one of them.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                          I haven’t seen anything specific on JC but looks like we’re losing 2 more guys. It would stand to reason he would be one of them.
                          Two more current players? If not JC, then who would those two be?

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

Probably Samari Curtis

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

Probably Samari Curtis
                              Already lost him. I hope the speculation, I asked about, is not true. If JC goes anywhere, that is his decision. Hope no one else feels the need to go elsewhere, but Brent is usually right dang it
                              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

They would be Logan Johnson and Eliel Nsoseme if the rumors are correct. As far as I'm concerned they are rumors until such time as they announce they're transferring.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X