No announcement yet.

Cumberland entering NBA Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CBS lists Cumberland #94 on its draft big board (out of 100)

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      Cumberland has hired Lamont Smith at APSE out of Miami to represent him.
      Denver, maybe? That tweet said that David Lee is also representing Jarron. I wonder if that's the former NBA player from here in St. Louis. His family is very wealthy and blue blood and he's engaged to Caroline Wozniacki.
      Last edited by Carin's Dad; 04-22-2019, 06:32 PM.

Comment

If CBS is even remotely close, he's not close to being drafted... Some sites last year had Clark towards the bottom half of the 2nd round.... If Jarron is getting that type of feedback, hopefully he will be back.

Comment

He's now at #95. Looks like Cumberland & Makis McDuffie (Wichita St) are the only AAC players on the board.

Comment

I think if we were honest with ourselves, we knew he wasn't probably getting drafted this year. If he has a senior year exactly the same as his junior year, his stock will only improve marginally if at all. Mick's utilization of him just didn't feature his strengths enough. He is just not an isolation, one on one player at the next level and that's what Mick tried to make him for us. I am encouraged for him that the coaching change may really work in his favor. He is much better moving without the ball and in a flowing offense where his shots will hopefully be less contested and his % improve. He is much better suited as a passing and team oriented player. I think he could average fewer points next year but still improve his NBA stock if he can rebrand his game and appeal to them as a nice role player and not one that needs the ball in his hands to be successful.
            We need him back but I would like for that decision to bear fruit for him as well, which I firmly believe it would not have under Mick.

Comment

He listed in espn's insider draft board in the second round, but it's in the 2020 draft.

Comment

Just saw a 45 person mock from the Athletic for 2020. He's not in it.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

So what is the deadline for withdrawing his name ? Or has he already withdrew from the 2019 Draft?

Comment

5/29

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/04/...ants-list.html

Comment

Excellent breakdown on Jarron's NBA chances with Justin WIlliams and Sam Vecenie. $

https://theathletic.com/955765/2019/...pro-prospects/
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Excellent breakdown on Jarron's NBA chances with Justin WIlliams and Sam Vecenie. $

With respect to content unique to pay sites; do you think he will be back? I did not pay to read article.

I think he will be back because he isn't a clearout guy. NBA scouts will love to see him in Brannen's offense next year to get a better idea how he moves without the ball. I think Jarron would benefit most out of players considering early entry. The new style of play will showcase his strengths and he has raw talent to become mid 1st round pick that can contribute right away at next level.

I just hope he doesn't wait until end if May to announce.
                        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

As (Red_N_Black) just stated, I do not have a subscription to read the article... Bottom line, can some reiterate on the contents ? Does the article suggest Jarron will stay / leave / or has not made up his mind?

One thing is clear, most publications suggest Cumberland will not be drafted this year... Would make perfect sense to return for his senior year...

Comment

The article comes to no conclusions, but the scout that was prominently quoted believes that Cumberland probably will wind up either in the G-League or overseas. He will participate in the G-League combine this month.

The issues cited were lack of athleticism and lateral movement. Jarron is a straight-ahead attacker.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
                              The article comes to no conclusions, but the scout that was prominently quoted believes that Cumberland probably will wind up either in the G-League or overseas. He will participate in the G-League combine this month.

The issues cited were lack of athleticism and lateral movement. Jarron is a straight-ahead attacker.

Yeah, footwork has been his biggest downfall from day one... Very stiff legged, half the time Jarron trips over his own feet... The lack of Athleticism, well he's not a flashy dunker etc... But Jarron can score, and if we're talking playing professionally, that's usually all that matters... I TRULY HOPE Jarron does NOT settle for the G-League / Overseas.... If that's his only option, both will be waiting for him next year!

Comment

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

Yeah, footwork has been his biggest downfall from day one... Very stiff legged, half the time Jarron trips over his own feet... The lack of Athleticism, well he's not a flashy dunker etc... But Jarron can score, and if we're talking playing professionally, that's usually all that matters... I TRULY HOPE Jarron does NOT settle for the G-League / Overseas.... If that's his only option, both will be waiting for him next year!

Ballet Lessons - it's worked for linebackers

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X