Cumberland entering NBA Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cumberland entering NBA Draft

“Decided to test the waters...” posted on his Instagram account.
    Former KMart Ball Boy

"Graduation is the key, period. I am on a mission to stop the exploitive nature of college athletics. We must make sure our kids graduate and have opportunities to have productive and happy lives." -MC

More than testing the waters. Hired an agent.
    https://twitter.com/mattroden13/stat...084738561?s=21

Comment

I believe under the current rule he can still return. Am I right?

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
        I believe under the current rule he can still return. Am I right?
        You are correct longtimefan.

Comment

My bad. I wasn’t aware of the rule change.

Comment

From UC:
            "He can sign with an NCAA-certified agent, receive feedback & still 𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗻 𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝗰𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗹. He has until 𝗠𝗮𝘆 𝟮𝟵 to make a 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗱𝗲𝗰𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻."
            Former KMart Ball Boy

"Graduation is the key, period. I am on a mission to stop the exploitive nature of college athletics. We must make sure our kids graduate and have opportunities to have productive and happy lives." -MC

Comment

I truly HOPE Jarron is only testing the possibility of being drafted... It would be in Cumberlands best interest to stay another year.... Just think if this TEAM were to lose Cumberland , Brooks , & Johnson!

We would be lucky to Win (15) Games next year!

Comment

This really shouldn’t surprise anyone. This is all about feedback for the future I would think. He’s not on anyone’s draft board still.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post
                  I truly HOPE Jarron is only testing the possibility of being drafted... It would be in Cumberlands best interest to stay another year.... Just think if this TEAM were to lose Cumberland , Brooks , & Johnson!

We would be lucky to Win (15) Games next year!
                  I also hope he is testing the water. If drafted, kudos to him and the program. Good luck Jarron, whatever the outcome. If he is drafted, we will adjust somehow. If not, next year will definitely raise his draft stock.

PS the goal in college is to prepare students for the first step into our professional careers. No harm in preparing students in 2 years, 3 years, or even 1 year. If drafted early, that is a success for student and program. His impact on next year's results are immaterial to prepping him for a life of success.
                  Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Good on Jarron to test the waters and get the feedback. I think we can all agree that he could have a nice professional career but, at this point, would not be drafted. This isn't to say he wouldn't still turn pro (like Xavier's Kaiser Gates last year, IU's James Blackmon Jr. a few years ago, etc.). It is worth noting that in the post put out by UC, the wording specifically said he was testing the process and seeing where things stand. That sounds like an honest look at things and not the typical one foot out the door situation. Would be huge if he stayed and I think him coming back could influence others on the fence (but if he has until late May to pull out, those others might have already made up their minds).

Comment

Official news release from UC: https://gobearcats.com/news/2019/4/2...n-process.aspx

Comment

This was expected if Cronin or Brannen was here. I'll be curious to see how much interest he gets in terms of workouts and invites.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

Nice article... Hopefully Jarron will not settle for a possible 2nd Round pick, or playing internationally.... If Jarron receives solid feedback advising he should not keep his name in the draft, then welcome back... I realize the Ultimate Goal is to play professionally at some capacity....NBA, Developmental League, Overseas.... I personally feel Jarron would have a better shot at the 1st Round if he plays his senior season.... Would be hard to ignore someone who averages 20+pts ppg next year, with improved ball-handling skills etc.....Either or, he has to do what's in his best interest....

Comment

Like someone else posted, Cumberland would have probably entered with Cronin too.

He's an upcoming Senior and it makes sense, since he can be evaluated and then withdraw his name next month.
                            Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

Cumberland has hired Lamont Smith at APSE out of Miami to represent him.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X