Staff additions and departures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    I'm not entirely sure why Youncofski's still on the site unless his contract has not expired yet. The weird thing is he's not on staff at UCLA either at this point and I think Cronin hired his full staff there as of yesterday. Hope he's not getting the train your replacement treatment.
    Youncofski is no longer on the University's staff directory

Comment

Just heard the name Jayson Gee as associate head coach. Gee is currently the AHC under Pat Kelsey at Winthrop. He’s been the HC at Longwood and AHC at Cleveland St., Ohio and St. Bonaventure.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I heard a rumor that Mick is interviewing for the Lakers job.

Comment

Just heard the name Jayson Gee as associate head coach. Gee is currently the AHC under Pat Kelsey at Winthrop. He’s been the HC at Longwood and AHC at Cleveland St., Ohio and St. Bonaventure.
          With a resume like that, season ticket holders are rioting to get in line....what the.....why do I have this sinking feeling?

Comment

This may turn out to be a gabage rumor but seriously the guy has a better coaching resume than Savino did.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

This may turn out to be a gabage rumor but seriously the guy has a better coaching resume than Savino did.
              Gee is 53 with 30 years coaching, experience, including successful HC stint in D2. If he’s on the staff, he won’t be running the show. His resume isn’t all that different from Larry Davis’s.

Comment

Agree, also Kelsey thought enough of him to bring him on as associate head coach after playing against him in that conference if my memory is correct that Winthrop and Longwood are both in the same conference. It helps to have a veteran guy when the guy he immediately brought with him is a younger coach. He's also familiar with both South and Eastern recruiting regions. I wonder if this is the asst. who has the link to Jordan Brown.

https://winthropeagles.com/news/2018...ead-coach.aspx

Fwiw i view basketball assts. much differently than fb assistants. Fball given the size of the operation requires much delegation for actual hands on coaching duty. Bball assistants work much more at the discretion of head coach given a head coach is able to work with what is typically 8 to 10 guys in a rotation. From what i hear, Brannen is a very hands on practice coach.
                Last edited by coach; 05-10-2019, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Winthrop and Longwood are both in the Big South Conference.

Comment

Guy has quite a background of dealing with adversity.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...432848724&mt=2

Comment

Wow . Nice find. I didn't listen but yeah, that's way harder to deal with than young adult athletes.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
                        Agree, also Kelsey thought enough of him to bring him on as associate head coach after playing against him in that conference if my memory is correct that Winthrop and Longwood are both in the same conference. It helps to have a veteran guy when the guy he immediately brought with him is a younger coach. He's also familiar with both South and Eastern recruiting regions. I wonder if this is the asst. who has the link to Jordan Brown.

https://winthropeagles.com/news/2018...ead-coach.aspx

Fwiw i view basketball assts. much differently than fb assistants. Fball given the size of the operation requires much delegation for actual hands on coaching duty. Bball assistants work much more at the discretion of head coach given a head coach is able to work with what is typically 8 to 10 guys in a rotation. From what i hear, Brannen is a very hands on practice coach.
                        re: Jordan Brown. Wrong potential assistant. It's the unannounced contestant from NKU.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Just announced:

"We are extremely excited to welcome Jayson, Sean and Tim as well as their families to University of Cincinnati!" - Coach Brannen

Welcome to the #Bearcats Jayson Gee, Sean Dwyer & Tim Morris!

🔗: bit.ly/2PYgV5L
                          Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

There's your formally announced contestant. It was Tim Morris.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                              UC staff directory https://ucdirectory.uc.edu/FacultySt...TR&mode=Search

Currently listed:
                              - John Brannen, head coach
                              - Sean Dwyer, assistant coach
                              - Jacob Lunh, assistant coach (former NKU DOBO - could be another DOBO, not necessarily an assistant)
                              - Former Cronin staffers: Mark Berger, TJ Wolf, JaQuon Parker, Greg Youncofski

Mike Rehfeldt still listed (not basketball specific)

Some of the above could also head west to UCLA as staff but unlikely as assistant coaches (Greg Y)
                              Outside Of Youncofski all the other names are still there. After the announcement today adding Gee and Morris, is this the complete staff?

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Outside Of Youncofski all the other names are still there. After the announcement today adding Gee and Morris, is this the complete staff?
                                I don't believe that this is the complete staff. There's no Video Coordinator listed yet unless that's falling under Luhn's responsibilites and I don't think it is.

One thing about Luhn. He was on Gee's staff at Longwood before moving to NKU under Brannen.

And yes, Rehfeldt is staying which as far as I'm concerned is a big deal. Brannen's philosophy in strength training might be diferent than what we've gotten used to but we'll have to see how that plays out.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X