• Show
Clear All

Gone in 2020
    Brooks (maybe already gone)
    Cumberland (same)
    Fredericks (same)
    Scott

Plus 1 currently available for 2019

That means there are currently 5 scholarships available. If we don't land a transfer or new player this year, all 5 are there for 2020. Big summer ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Me neither. May 1 is tomorrow though . Seems like a good day to announce a new contract Unless Bohn and Brannen choose to hold a presser on today to announce it.

I can't imagine they'd wait unitl the fiscal year on July 1. That would be really strange.
      It's possible they are waiting to announce the full staff together, meaning they might be trying to finalize one or more pieces.

That being said, you wonder if there were others on the recruiting trail with JB this past weekend but I've not seen any information - I cannot imagine he was flying solo.

Comment

I think Dwyer is out on the trail. He's been announced.
        Last edited by London 'Cat; 04-30-2019, 07:59 PM.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I think Dwyer is out on the trial. He's been announced.
          His name has been mentioned by media, but nothing from UC. Again, he can be official and just not formally announced, but still curious about the full staff.

Comment

I'm curious to see who the 3rd assistant is going to be. That may be what the wait is for.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

By the way. I beleive Mike Rehfeldt is being retained for Strength and Conditioning
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

By the way. I beleive Mike Rehfeldt is being retained for Strength and Conditioning
                Would love to have him stick with the program.

Also noticed just now that Sean Dwyer (originally reported by Chad Brendel to be headed to UC from NKU) is @CoachDwyerUC on Twitter.

Comment

UC staff directory https://ucdirectory.uc.edu/FacultySt...TR&mode=Search

Currently listed:
                  - John Brannen, head coach
                  - Sean Dwyer, assistant coach
                  - Jacob Lunh, assistant coach (former NKU DOBO - could be another DOBO, not necessarily an assistant)
                  - Former Cronin staffers: Mark Berger, TJ Wolf, JaQuon Parker, Greg Youncofski

Mike Rehfeldt still listed (not basketball specific)

Some of the above could also head west to UCLA as staff but unlikely as assistant coaches (Greg Y)

Comment

Yeah, it looks like some hires have already been made. Maybe they're waiting to make all the announcements at the same time?

Comment

DerMarr Johnson apparently graduating this weekend. Maybe he can be an assistant after he gets his degree.

Comment

I'm not entirely sure why Youncofski's still on the site unless his contract has not expired yet. The weird thing is he's not on staff at UCLA either at this point and I think Cronin hired his full staff there as of yesterday. Hope he's not getting the train your replacement treatment.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                          DerMarr Johnson apparently graduating this weekend. Maybe he can be an assistant after he gets his degree.
                          This is why Nicky V was never in the running for our coaching job. He never graduated from college. Hopefully this will give DeMarr a chance to stay with the program.

Comment

Originally posted by GangstaTakester View Post

This is why Nicky V was never in the running for our coaching job. He never graduated from college. Hopefully this will give DeMarr a chance to stay with the program.
                            Not true. NVE was Assistant Coach @ Texas Southern University in 2009 and then was hired by NBA Atlanta Hawks in 2010

Comment

I don't know that the NCAA requires degrees to coach, but individual schools do. When Houston hired Clyde Drexler, he didn't have his undergrad degree, but agreed to get one while he was coaching. Perhaps TX Southern has no requirement, particularly for assistant coaches.

Does anyone know for sure that NVE has no degree?

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
                                I don't know that the NCAA requires degrees to coach, but individual schools do. When Houston hired Clyde Drexler, he didn't have his undergrad degree, but agreed to get one while he was coaching. Perhaps TX Southern has no requirement, particularly for assistant coaches.

Does anyone know for sure that NVE has no degree?
                                I don't know for a a fact that he doesn't but I can't find anything that says he does either which strikes me as weird. I'm guessing he doesn't but isn't far away in credit hours.

A similar thing to Clyde Drexler happened at Rutgers with Eddie Jordan. He had to attend school and finish his degree as part of his contract.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X