Staff additions and departures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
    Enquirer reported this afternoon that NKU interviewed Pat Kelsey in Atlanta today and he is the leading candidate.
    Pete Thamel reporting he will be staying at Winthrop

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

Pete Thamel reporting he will be staying at Winthrop
      The Enquirer reports likewise.

Comment

Darrin Horn is the new Coach at NKU

Comment

Originally posted by gobearcats1 View Post
          Darrin Horn is the new Coach at NKU
          Horn, previously HC at WKU & SC, has most recently been an assistant at TX. This may clear up an NKU assistant or two, if that's the way Brannen wants to go.

Comment

Looking like Tim Morris and Sean Dwyer are going to come over from NKU based on things I'm seeing.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
              Looking like Tim Morris and Sean Dwyer are going to come over from NKU based on things I'm seeing.
              Any insight on these two? Just read both's old NKU bios and seem, on paper, to be good young names.

People seemed to think Chris Shumate might come over. He's listed on NKU's site as assistant coach under Darrin Horn, so would suggest he's being retained.
              Last edited by GoBearcats31; 04-24-2019, 10:05 AM.

Comment

I really don't know much about them other than the bio information. I'm educatedly guessing but I think Shumate will wind up on Stackhouse's staff at Vanderbilt.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Chad Brendel tweeted that Brannen is adding NKU asst. Sean Dwyer to his staff

Here's his NKU bio (no longer active on the site): https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&ct=clnk&gl=us

Justin Williams also reports Brannen expected to add Tim Morris (NKU asst) and Jake Luhn (NKU DOBO) in support staff roles. I managed to view the article for free in The Athletic app I just downloaded - so do not believe I am sharing $ info.
                  Last edited by GoBearcats31; 04-24-2019, 05:47 PM.

Comment

I didn’t know about the DOBO but they’ve been recruiting grad transfers for UC for a few days now.

I believe all of this will be official after a BoT meeting tomorrow night
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Write up on the staff from Justin Williams. $

https://theathletic.com/943184/2019/...s-to-uc-staff/
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Saw on CJB's twitter he has a couple pics from "Family Dinner" --JC and NB are both present in one. The other shows JC hooping with one of CJB's daughters as Mamadou watches. Can't be a terrible sign.
                        Cory Huffman
                        Cin City

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                          I didn’t know about the DOBO but they’ve been recruiting grad transfers for UC for a few days now.

I believe all of this will be official after a BoT meeting tomorrow night
                          I've seen nothing official so far.

Comment

I am growing concerned about not having a coaching staff together, why is it taking so long to get a coaching staff together? We need him to bring in Coaches who can recruit.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

I've seen nothing official so far.
                              Me neither. May 1 is tomorrow though . Seems like a good day to announce a new contract Unless Bohn and Brannen choose to hold a presser on today to announce it.

I can't imagine they'd wait unitl the fiscal year on July 1. That would be really strange.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by gobearcats1 View Post
                                I am growing concerned about not having a coaching staff together, why is it taking so long to get a coaching staff together? We need him to bring in Coaches who can recruit.
                                He's only been there for 2 weeks. You have to trust the process. He and the assistant he already has are currently recruiting. In the world of recruiting, particularly with so little available this time of year, and only 3 open schollys they'll be fine. All this roster movement will likely not be done until mid June the way things work now. In basketball you cannot afford errors. It has to be a diligent process. It's still the head coach who is 99% of the game in recruiting. Brannen is not going to bring in an assistant who is an AAU midwife. Relax.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X