Nysier Brooks to transfer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nysier Brooks to transfer

Several people reporting that Brooks will enter the transfer portal.
    Last edited by Lobot; 04-16-2019, 08:51 AM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Can someone please explain why? As if the Inside Game wasn't bad enough.... I would expect UC to Block Brooks from going to UCLA?

Comment

He is very close to Cronin. It wouldn’t surprise me if we blocked him from UCLA but that doesn’t mean he’ll stay. He may be graduating in May. That would make him a grad transfer where he doesn’t have to sit.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I guess will find out soon enough if Brannen can recruit.... If Brooks were to leave, that would give UC (3) open scholarships ?

Comment

Between that and the 2020 class there are 6 open scholarships. Signing period opens in 7 months.

Comment

Uc won't block a player from transferring except maybe to an in conference school. However, this is all speculation right now. It's hard to believe a guy who has one year left and is 22 years old would transfer. He'd by 24 after his final year. He's not an Nba player, but he could play overseas particularly if he continues and improves next year.

Comment

His guardian posted on twitter...I'll paraphrase....She said, Thanks to the U of C...we as a family chose U of C bc of Cronin and Savino...We as family are deciding to leave U of C....THE CURRENT CAOCH HAS NOT CONTACTED US (yes she capitalized this)...Good luck.

Don't know if its just an emotional outburst or he is for sure leaving even when he talks to coach. If he goes, that hurts from a leadership and height standpoint. I have heard he could graduate in June leaving a grad transfer possibility. Never know.

Odd times.
              Cory Huffman
              Cin City

Comment

Originally posted by loshow22 View Post
                His guardian posted on twitter...I'll paraphrase....She said, Thanks to the U of C...we as a family chose U of C bc of Cronin and Savino...We as family are deciding to leave U of C....THE CURRENT CAOCH HAS NOT CONTACTED US (yes she capitalized this)...Good luck.

Don't know if its just an emotional outburst or he is for sure leaving even when he talks to coach. If he goes, that hurts from a leadership and height standpoint. I have heard he could graduate in June leaving a grad transfer possibility. Never know.

Odd times.

If this is true, I would imagine Brooks is as good as GONE! I have a bigger concern, is it possible Brannen has NOT talked with ALL the UC Players since joining the Team? If so, wouldn't that be your first PRIORITY as a new coach, to contact your PLAYERS first and have a team meeting?

If this is 100% factual, and not overblown, then Brannen is an IDIOT!

Comment

They did have a team meeting. Not sure if Brooks' guardian is saying they haven't met with Brooks or just that they have not been contacted personally. If it's the latter, I'm not surprised as I'm sure it's been a whirlwind week for Brannen. I think this might be an overreaction so I guess we'll see how all this plays out. Brooks is an adult so I'm not entirely sure why his guardian would be making the decision for him.

Also, I've seen several things stating that Brooks is NOT on track to graduate this year but I'm not sure how true that is. Nysier was really good in the community in addition to on the court so I frankly would prefer not to lose him. He is NOT in the transfer portal at this time.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

If this is true, I would imagine Brooks is as good as GONE! I have a bigger concern, is it possible Brannen has NOT talked with ALL the UC Players since joining the Team? If so, wouldn't that be your first PRIORITY as a new coach, to contact your PLAYERS first and have a team meeting?

If this is 100% factual, and not overblown, then Brannen is an IDIOT!
                    Per the presser yesterday, Brannen met with the team immediately. Brooks happens to be out of town. (I had seen that somewhere, but now can't confirm it.)
                    Last edited by swilsonsp4; 04-16-2019, 08:53 AM.

Comment

On last night's WLW-TV sportscast George Vogel reported Brooks is transferring.

Comment

This is strange. Brannen said he met with the team and at least some of them were present at his press conference. If Brooks is/ was out of town, then it makes sense that he would not have met with him. But why is/are his guardians involved anyway? He is an adult. He was announced as the coach on Sunday afternoon and on Sunday his guardian is complaining that Brannen has not yet contacted them? Again, strange.

Comment

Perhaps Brooks does not feel comfortable in a more offense minded system. ;-). The first exam for coach B will be whether he can keep Curtis or not. I have a sinking feeling it will be not. I hope so but we shall see. I think we are going to see a lot more focus on local talent. We will also see how that turns out.

Comment

Seems like theirs more missing pieces to this puzzle... I believe all the above are true, if Brooks is not in the Portal then it would not appear he is Transferring? WLW is usually not a station to report misguided information, so then it appears Brooks is as good as gone... Obviously someone in the Brooks camp isn't feeling the love... Bottom line, is he GONE or NOT?

Comment

This is all normal banter with a coaching change. The reality is there are a million things going on during these times, and it's been pretty clear both Cronin and Brannen have met with the team prior and up to the changeover. Bohn even went to Curtis's home before the coach was announced to cover what we was going on with him in person. If Brooks doesn't feel he's a fit(or it sounds like his family/handlers whatever) then he should pursue other venues. Obviously uprooting and leaving school to sit a year, and finish your career when you're likely 24 years old is an "iffy" decision at best. In terms of style of play, it's really hard to see how this change would be anything but an upgrade for any player that has been on the roster the past two years and watched and participated in the offensive struggles that have led to the early exits in March from the tourney. If i was Brooks, i'd buckle down and get ready to play next year and focus on being the best player i can be and hopefully he can pickup and play professional basketball somewhere. He's old enough to make his own decisions. Sitting out a year at this point in his career in a very, very low percentage move.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X