No announcement yet.

Welcome Coach Brannen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love Van Exel. Was/am hopeful he would consider an assistant job at UC. That could open the door to hi being HC down the road...
    Cory Huffman
    Cin City

Comment

Did we interview "anyone" other than Brannen? For anyone, Oscar, previous players, or others, to feel any minority slight is just trumping the race card where it doesn't fit. I would agree if we interviewed 5 guys and non of them were minorities but this appears to have been a target hire from the git go. I am happy that Bohn had done his homework and was ready to move quickly. Looks much better than schools chasing everyone for months and getting turned down. I say again, if Nick wants to be head coach here, join the staff as a primary asst coach and pay your dues, position yourself for the next go round where we just might promote him as a minority without talking to anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post
        Did we interview "anyone" other than Brannen? For anyone, Oscar, previous players, or others, to feel any minority slight is just trumping the race card where it doesn't fit. I would agree if we interviewed 5 guys and non of them were minorities but this appears to have been a target hire from the git go. I am happy that Bohn had done his homework and was ready to move quickly. Looks much better than schools chasing everyone for months and getting turned down. I say again, if Nick wants to be head coach here, join the staff as a primary asst coach and pay your dues, position yourself for the next go round where we just might promote him as a minority without talking to anyone else.
        That's a good point. If you check Brannen's twitter account he said goodbye to NKU on April 8. There's no timestamp on the tweet but it was directly after Cronin left. Would seem that anyone that was interviewed , if anyone was, after that date was there for show.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by loshow22 View Post
          Love Van Exel. Was/am hopeful he would consider an assistant job at UC. That could open the door to hi being HC down the road...

If Van Exel is serious about getting into college coaching, then he'll get into the college game plain and simple. The Grizzlies probably have about 6 or 8 assistants so jumping from that to running a d1 program is another world. We didn't spend 80mm bucks for an arena renovation to turn it over to someone with no college experience. They made the right choice. You get the most qualified guy for the job. Easy call.

Comment

Press conference at the top of the hour on GoBearcats.com
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
              The players are now getting behind Brannen.

nick vanexel‏Verified account @vanexel31 29m29 minutes ago
              Good morning tweeps. First I'd like to say congrats to @coachbrannen on becoming our next coach at UC. Everyone has opinions and that's fine. And everyone is not going to like everyone's opinions. That's fine also. The opinions are showing me that everyone has passion and want the best for the program. Nothing wrong with that. What shouldn't happen is division. Let's welcome him and help him succeed for our program and the student/athletes. He did a great job at NKU let's give him a chance to do a great job at UC. Peace.

Terry Nelson also put out a statement supporting the the new coach.
              Thank you NVE. I started reading today from where I last left off, and it was discouraging to see posts on this site and the hearsay of what past players were saying. All I could think was wouldn't it be nice if we stopped the circular firing squad and were united against our opponents and not each other. There's enough people out there that don't like Bearcats - we need to unite against them.

Again, thank you NVE!

Comment

According to a tweet just sent by GoBearcats, Big O has contacted Coach Brannen directly
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Just watched the presser & I was impressed & the coach has a sense of humor. Very refreshing.
                  Glad to see NVE's comments on the new hire & his support. He's always been a class act!

Comment

He did well in the press conference!
                    Former KMart Ball Boy

"Graduation is the key, period. I am on a mission to stop the exploitive nature of college athletics. We must make sure our kids graduate and have opportunities to have productive and happy lives." -MC

Comment

Brannen seemed to really do well in the presser. His engagement with the media was well received according to about a dozen twitter feeds. I think this is a very good thing. This is something that Mick really struggled with. He's not very personable with the media. He comes off a bit brash and monotone in his interviews. It was refreshing to see a light hearted, but confident person speaking about his goals. This may translate well to recruiting too. I was impressed.

Comment

Tre Scott per Fox 19 Danneman twiiter:

Asked Trevon Scott if John Brannen's style of play is attractive to him: "Very, very, very, very, very, very much." #Bearcats

Comment

Kenyon has also thrown his support to Brannen after a bit of a melt down last night.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Press Conference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BYxrg9BmKo

Dan Hoard 1 on 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49CaugiUXAM

Half Court D Demo At NKU:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ1H1YOGHvc

Despite saying during the presser that's he "not the smartest gyuy", he was a Rhodes Scholar candidate.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Mick Cronin: “John is a good man and a heck of a coach. He has worked very hard to get this opportunity and I know he will give Cincinnati everything he has. It’s time to rally around Coach Brannen and the great kids on his team ! Go Bearcats.”
                              Former KMart Ball Boy

"Graduation is the key, period. I am on a mission to stop the exploitive nature of college athletics. We must make sure our kids graduate and have opportunities to have productive and happy lives." -MC

Comment

Did anyone else find it extremely apt marketing to have the "Cincinnati - Northern Kentucky" advertisement on the backdrop of the presser?

(Extremely frustrating you cannot upload an image)

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X