Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaching Carousel 2019

Dunleavy is out at Tulane.

Phil Martelli was just fired by St. Joe's after 24 years. (?!?!?)

Fran Dunphy is retired from Temple as soon as they're out of the NCAAs (position will be handed down to Aaron McKie)

UCLA has not made a perm. hire yet.

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Martelli is kinda odd after all these years. I guess they just got tired of waiting for him to step aside. Don't know if they should be commended for their loyalty and patience or chastised for not doing it more sensitively.

Comment

I thought that was really weird. I get the feeling something else is up there. you don’t fire a guy that’s 65 with 24 years on the job and the face of your school.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I regret doing this but here we go.

Billy Kennedy was fired at Texas A&M. Buzz Williams is expected to be offered and probably will take that job when VT is done in the tournament.

This has started the Whit Babcock goes after Mick Cronin rumor phase of the carousel for this year.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Mick said in one of his interviews that every conference may be overrated except for the ACC. Could that have been a bit of a leak?

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
            Phil Martelli was just fired by St. Joe's after 24 years. (?!?!?)

New AD this year; I'm sure he saw this coming. But the AD wouldn't comment on whether she gave him the option of retiring and told the media to go ask him. Classy.

Comment

Might be a case of forcing them to fire him because the settlement was better.

Comment

I regret doing this but here we go.

Billy Kennedy was fired at Texas A&M. Buzz Williams is expected to be offered and probably will take that job when VT is done in the tournament.

This has started the Whit Babcock goes after Mick Cronin rumor phase of the carousel for this year.
                If he's looking for another job, he'd enjoy living in Las Vegas much more than Blacksburg. Pretty place, but nothing going on.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post

If he's looking for another job, he'd enjoy living in Las Vegas much more than Blacksburg. Pretty place, but nothing going on.
                  Exactly what I was thinking
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Taking the VT job is a no win situation for any coach! Your Almost destined for failure and eventually being fired within (5) yrs....Recruiting against , Vir, Duke, NC, Looserville, and others in the ACC would probably be worse than landing high profile players in Cincinnati... Sure, Mick gets paid more $,$$$,$$$....But in the end, probably loses his job, and ends up taking a backwards step , having to take a lesser job than he had at UC...That's probably his reasoning for not taking the UNLV job last year....

Unless he lands a more prominent job with one of the SEC, ACC, BIG 10, or BIG 12 Schools, whats the point in leaving?

Comment

Marvin Menzies has been fired by UNLV. Every body and their brother is transferring including Shakur Juiston
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Marvin Menzies has been fired by UNLV. Every body and their brother is transferring including Shakur Juiston

Exactly, maybe we might land Shakur Juiston..... Could definitely use a 6'7" PF who can score ....Almost 15pts per game, I would take him in a heartbeat !!

Comment

Appears Tulane is looking at Ron Hunter from GA St. according to Brian Snow at 247
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Rothstein now reporting its down to contract details
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Cronin's name has come up for the Vanderbilt job per the Enquirer. I can't really see that move happening.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X