No announcement yet.

NCAA Tourney

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a fantastic game between UCF and Duke. UCF had two point blank shots at the end to win it but could not get them to fall. They played terrific and almost won the game.

Comment

The best game of this tourney! UCF did the AAC proud.

Comment

People are complaining about Mick, but Houston reached the Sweet 16 for the first time since 1984!
        Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

Yes UCF sort of blew it at the end. They should have just let Zion score on the two point play and hope they make the free throws as Duke would have needed to foul. Instead Taco fouls out of the game and then Duke gets the offensive rebound on the missed free throw and scores to actually have the lead by one instead of being down by one if they wouldn't have fouled. Taco couldn't let Zion dunk on him however which possibly cost them the game.

Comment

Zion made a great play to somehow get that ball in. Did he run over BJ on his way to the goal - probably, but you can't penalize him for being big. The game was lost on the blatant push to get the rebound on the missed free throw and subsequent stick back, plus the missed wide open dunk seconds before. Coach K was very gracious (of course it WAS Dawkins) and he knows they should have lost, but as he said, they have lost unlucky before and won unlucky, its happens. UCF played awesome and did us proud but should have won and we would all be elated. What a great scheme they devised and Dawkins was unbelievable. For someone who lives in NC this was a real missed opportunity for bragging rights.

Comment

I think the good thing about this weekend in spite of us losing was that the AAC proved it's improving and as it's done in football represented well. I saw a similar comment re: the AAC in an article on the Vandy coaching search. I for one am ok with the AAC. It's certainly the best option right now, and i believe the realignment/changes which will occur typically come about because you continue to better your results.

Comment

Originally posted by CroninCrazy View Post
                People are complaining about Mick, but Houston reached the Sweet 16 for the first time since 1984!
                Between Huggins, where UC reached the second weekend only once in his last nine years, and Mick, who has reached the second weekend only once in his nine appearances, UC has reached the second weekend only twice in the last 18 tries. Only once has UC beaten a higher seed, the Florida State win in 2012. Huggins never beat a higher seed.

Mick is a really good coach and I have been a supporter from the start, but this is getting tiresome. Don't use the league you play in as an excuse for not landing recruits and not being ready to play in March. It's time to make whatever changes necessary to advance in the tournament, appearances there are not good enough anymore. There is one scholarship left for the late period, how about getting a really good transfer or late signee with that scholarship?

Comment

AMEN !!! Are we gluttons for punishment or what?

Comment

I think the general theme is nobody wants to see Mick leave but it would be good to seem some changes in approach to achieve more success in March. It's that "insanity" thing results won't change if we keep doing the same thing.

Comment

I totally agree.

Comment

Honestly, with Houston up under a minute to go I thought the refs would find a way to blow a call late and hand the game to Kentucky. That didn't happen but Kentucky won anyway after two Houston bigs fouled out. Houston committed a heck of a lot of fouls all year, this game it caught up with them. Still, great effort by Houston tonight. Kentucky had elite big men and that was the difference. Next year we'll face that against Memphis with Wiseman and DJ Jeffries coming in. We'll have to upgrade our recruiting if we want to keep up with Memphis going forward.

Comment

Wow, that was a foul on the last three point shot, but when is that ever called? I remember Leonard Stokes bear hugged and tackled at the end of regulation against UCLA, and no call. Some teams get those, some don't.

Virginia moves on.

Comment

A good call after a blown call. If the refs knew they blew the double dribble they probably wouldn't have called the last one.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X