Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCAA Tourney

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NCAA Tourney

    Screwed again, #7 seed. That does mean we play the first weekend in Columbus though. Fill the place with Bearcat fans.

  • #2
    Iowa's under seeded as well. Rough draw all around, need Columbus energy
    UC Engineering '97-'02
    (went to the C-USA tourney games instead of class)

    Comment


    • #3
      Houston #3 vs GA St. Temple #11 at UD Arena vs Belmont. UCF #9 vs VCU. NKU #14 vs #3 TX Tech.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
        Screwed again, #7 seed. That does mean we play the first weekend in Columbus though. Fill the place with Bearcat fans.
        Iowa is definitely not underseeded. They lost five of their last six for those games by double figures three of them by 20 or more points. They are not a good team.
        Coach Cronin get well soon!

        Comment


        • #5
          Hoping for an evening game, since it's EST, can't complain about the location, despite the low/tough seed. Have to admit I was surprised by the beat-down of Houston today, didn't seem to matter much to the committee.

          Comment


          • #6
            Iowa has some major shooters. I saw them make a great comeback to win against Indiana a few weeks ago, and Jordan Bohannon (brother played at Wisconsin) hit four guarded, off-balanced threes late in the second half / OT.

            UC's weakness defensively is allowing open 3s (often from not rotating in time). Iowa also has a 7-footer who is pretty good. If UC can limit Iowa's three-point shooting and keep Brooks/Scott out of foul trouble, they should be fine. 6'9 PF Tyler Cook is a tough matchup. Skilled PF who will have a size advantage on Scott.

            Fran and Mick will both be pretty frantic.

            Comment


            • #7
              Game at 12:15 ET on CBS

              Comment


              • #8
                Tennessee was ranked #1 and #5, don't know why we are playing them so early in the bracket.

                UC was currently #24, beat a top 15 team, won the tournament and final ranking of seeding was #27?
                Former KMart Ball Boy

                "Graduation is the key, period. I am on a mission to stop the exploitive nature of college athletics. We must make sure our kids graduate and have opportunities to have productive and happy lives." -MC

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post

                  Iowa is definitely not underseeded. They lost five of their last six for those games by double figures three of them by 20 or more points. They are not a good team.
                  Wheels hopefully have fallen off as you note, but they did beat Michigan handily last month, and beat OSU FWIW. Look to be much stronger at home, so that bodes well.
                  UC Engineering '97-'02
                  (went to the C-USA tourney games instead of class)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BearcatDropout View Post

                    Wheels hopefully have fallen off as you note, but they did beat Michigan handily last month, and beat OSU FWIW. Look to be much stronger at home, so that bodes well.
                    And, they throttled UConn. This will not be an easy game. The 'Cats have to remain focused if they want to win.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

                      And, they throttled UConn. This will not be an easy game. The 'Cats have to remain focused if they want to win.
                      This is true for 64 of the 68 teams. The four #1 seeds can get away with not playing their best in the first round. Everyone else plays against a good team.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hawkeye fans are upset that they have to play UC. Most think the Cats are way under seeded. Several said that, when UC popped up as a #7, they were hoping they didn’t see “Iowa” follow right after.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by CroninCrazy View Post
                          Tennessee was ranked #1 and #5, don't know why we are playing them so early in the bracket.

                          UC was currently #24, beat a top 15 team, won the tournament and final ranking of seeding was #27?
                          Last night, Mo Egger had the opinion that winning the AAC Championship doesn't mean that much toward seeding. He thinks the seeding is already set before that game ends, because it is so close to the Selection Show/Reveal. I tend to agree.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by cpawstoney View Post

                            Last night, Mo Egger had the opinion that winning the AAC Championship doesn't mean that much toward seeding. He thinks the seeding is already set before that game ends, because it is so close to the Selection Show/Reveal. I tend to agree.
                            It meant absolutely nothing towards seeding. The bracket was done before the game happened for sure otherwise we're a 6 seed. I'm not going to complain about it though. I'll take Cbus site on Friday/Sun over getting a higher seed and getting shipped west. Go get on Stubhub etc. and fill the place up. We need a nice home crowd advantage for this one.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Really the only seeding that matters is getting a 1 or 2. Whether we were a 5 or a 7 really doesn't matter. Our opponents would all be good teams and its not worth worrying about the committee arbitrarily valuing all the quality teams lumped between say #9 and #30 in the country.The differences are minimal. Brand and conference affiliation gets too much emphasis. Its all about who is playing the best at this point in the season. If we play our best ball, we can beat anyone in our bracket except maybe Virginia. Who knows, maybe someone else gets them first (again). Tennessee will be tough but doable. They have been inconsistent and if they don't bring their A game against a fired up Bearcat squad, they will be in for a rock fight. Just play great, shoot decently, and we'll take our chances, Whether the opponent is Wisc, Kansas St, Nova, Purdue or Tenn - we are capable of beating all of them or losing to all of them. Its time to quit complaining about arbitrary seeding and just go play great. Suck it up, put your big boy pants on, go shock the world. We have as good a chance as anybody to make a deep run. Who is gonna step up this year? Someone will be a middle seed that overachieves. Someone will put their disrespect behind them and excel. This team has exceptional heart and average talent. Let make it happen!

                              Comment

                              Responsive Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X