No announcement yet.

Cumberland POY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been great watching JC develop into a star the last few years. If he returns next year, and I believe he will, he will have a very good chance to be the all time leading scorer in AAC history. Always good to see Bearcats at the top of lists like that.

Comment

If he returns, and I think its in both sides best interest that he does, it would be a much better offensive team. We have several guys ready to make quantum leaps and hopefully take the load off him.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post
        If he returns, and I think its in both sides best interest that he does, it would be a much better offensive team. We have several guys ready to make quantum leaps and hopefully take the load off him.
        Hopefully they start that quantum leap beginning Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post

Hopefully they start that quantum leap beginning Friday.
          It would help a lot if, given that the Hawkeyes play a lot of zone, that Trevon Scott hit some shots from the paint to open up the perimeter. Iowa undoubtedly is better than SMU, but he tore the Mustangs' zone apart in the AAC tourney from the high post.

But, back to the topic at-hand. While a #49 ranking for Cumberland is weak, he hasn't had a Top-5 player year. There are a ton of good players out there. If the ranking was for Most Important Player, he'd rocket up the list.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post
            I don't know what you are smoking but I want some!!

You don't know what I'm smoking? Wasn't it you who said Keith Williams would be a future All American? ....and I'm the one smoking.... Lets compare this years stats:

MPG: Zion 29.1 JC 32.3 Edge Cumberland
            PTS: Zion 22.1 JC 18.8 Edge Zion
            RBS: Zion 8.9 JC 4.5 Edge Zion
            AST: Zion 2.1 JC 3.6 Edge Cumberland
            FG%: Zion 69.7 JC 40.4 Edge Zion
            FT%: Zion 65.4 JC 77.5 Edge Cumberland
            3PT%: Zion 31.5 JC 39.1 Edge Cumberland
            STL: Zion 2.2 JC 1.1 Edge Zion

I have NOT looked to see where Zion is ranked, but I would take an educated guess and say Top 3? Do these stats look like they are (46) Players apart ? If you take the time to compare overall stats, they are very similar... The only Stat I would say that's misleading is, FG%.....Why, because Zion makes a living underneath the basket and Cumberland does not...

If they created a stat for driving to the basket off the dribble, creating a foul, Cumberland would blow Zion out of the water.... Bottom line Jarron does NOT get the recognition he deserves because he play's for UC in the AAC....

Comment

49 is probably too low but if you think he belongs in the same conversation with Zion and Barrett, or belongs on the All American Team, you are delusional. You cannot be a slave to statistics. They tell about 1/2 the story and are often driven out of necessity and the role a player plays for his team. Look, JC is a very nice player and for us hes our horse and a great player, but you need to take off your Bearcat glasses and be more objective when you start making claims like you did about what he deserves. I don't think JC is an NBA draft pick at this point, and if he's not, he will be back. Like K Mart, I think he would benefit from another year of college.
              Regarding Williams, I never said he would be an All American. I said he was our best athlete and had a tremendous up side. Again statistics don't paint the whole picture. If you compare him to JC the stats are not even close. If you project which is the better pro prospect, I'll take Williams.

Comment

Cumberland is not in a single full mock draft that I've seen so far and I've seen them from about 4 sources. I don't think it will be a question of whether he returns or not unless he has a family financial hardship we don't know about and wants to head to Europe, Australia, China or the G-League. He's most likely not getting drafted this year by the NBA and if he declares and doesn't back out and come back, someone's giving him spectacularly bad advice.

As far as 49, he's probably a little low but you can't compare that ranking to draft position because of the international pool of players eligible for the draft. If all of those players in the ranking went pro at once he'd be rated lower than 49 on the mock drafts when you throw in the international guys.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                  Cumberland is not in a single full mock draft that I've seen so far and I've seen them from about 4 sources. I don't think it will be a question of whether he returns or not unless he has a family financial hardship we don't know about and wants to head to Europe, Australia, China or the G-League. He's most likely not getting drafted this year by the NBA and if he declares and doesn't back out and come back, someone's giving him spectacularly bad advice.

As far as 49, he's probably a little low but you can't compare that ranking to draft position because of the international pool of players eligible for the draft. If all of those players in the ranking went pro at once he'd be rated lower than 49 on the mock drafts when you throw in the international guys.

I was not comparing Cumberland to the Mock Draft or a top 10 NBA Lottery Picks.... I do not believe the rating of the 50 best players has anything to do with being a 1st Round Pick... I'm simply saying Jarron belongs in the top 25.... I have a hard time swallowing 48 players ahead of him.

Comment

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

I was not comparing Cumberland to the Mock Draft or a top 10 NBA Lottery Picks.... I do not believe the rating of the 50 best players has anything to do with being a 1st Round Pick... I'm simply saying Jarron belongs in the top 25.... I have a hard time swallowing 48 players ahead of him.
                    I know you weren't, RedDog brought up the draft in the post after your last one so I answered on both fronts.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Cumberland picked up an Honorable Mention All-American award yesterday.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by BigDaddyCornHusker View Post
                        Cumberland was looking pretty loose in the background of the Iowa preview video with Cronin. Looked like he was wearing a cape and joking around with everyone.

https://youtu.be/cC-y3JypRW4

I saw that, I thought he easily could have made 3rd Team.... I guess if your not in the ACC, SEC, BIG 10, BIG 12 forget it... I saw the kid Murray State made it.

Comment

Just a heads up to everyone that Jarron is not committing to 100% coming back or to the draft right now. I would, and would have if Mick were still here, expect him to declare by the 4/21 date. If for no other reason, he needs to test the waters and get some feedback from NBA guys. I think he'll be back but in the case that he stays in the draft, based on what I've seen, I do not expect him to be picked by the NBA.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I recall somewhere hearing Mick say he'd like Jarron to play a little smaller next year, maybe 10 lbs lighter or so. He also said he wanted Jarron to spend more time handling the ball next year. Both of these things were supposed to prepare him for the NBA. Like I said I seem to remember him saying that, but I could be mistaken. If Brannen plays a more uptempo offense next year that can only help.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                              Just a heads up to everyone that Jarron is not committing to 100% coming back or to the draft right now. I would, and would have if Mick were still here, expect him to declare by the 4/21 date. If for no other reason, he needs to test the waters and get some feedback from NBA guys. I think he'll be back but in the case that he stays in the draft, based on what I've seen, I do not expect him to be picked by the NBA.

That would be absolutely disastrous for this Team if Cumberland is not back...You can count on 7-10 less wins without Jarron....

Comment

I can't imagine that he's not back unless there's a family financial hardship and I have not heard anything on that.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X