No announcement yet.

AAC Tourney*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memphis, at home, will put up a good fight. A win wouldn't shock me.
    UCF getting hammered is a real statement. They have been playing very well.
    SMU will be yet another rock fight, which is the usual for the Bearcats. We don't have the firepower to blow anybody out at this point but we should have the guts to win close ones. We really need 2 wins to help our seeding IF its not already determined.

Comment

Originally posted by blackattack View Post

SMU easy?? Yikes I don't know about that. They've got some guys that shoot it well from 3.
      Very true. I should have written "this 'should' be an easy game".

Comment

Down 8 early.

Disappointed in Fredericks this season; thought he would have more production.

Nsoseme hasn't played yet- why has his minutes been shortened?
        Former KMart Ball Boy

"Graduation is the key, period. I am on a mission to stop the exploitive nature of college athletics. We must make sure our kids graduate and have opportunities to have productive and happy lives." -MC

Comment

Keith Williams is having an off night- he fouls on a three point shot before half? His head isn't in the game.

I honestly do not know how Justin Jenifer didn't win most improved! Perfect 4/4 from 3 range and hit one as time was expiring before halftime.

UC up 40-38. I feel like we always play SMU close and they aren't missing.
          Former KMart Ball Boy

"Graduation is the key, period. I am on a mission to stop the exploitive nature of college athletics. We must make sure our kids graduate and have opportunities to have productive and happy lives." -MC

Comment

UC didn't shoot free throws in first half and now it's being called tighter.
            Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

The Cats shot the ball extremely well tonight against mostly 2-3 zone (50.8%). Trevon Scott tore the zone up from the inside. He finished with a fine 17 and 12, to go with Justin Jenifer's perfect shooting for 17.

Then, of course, Jarron Cumberland dominated the game at the offensive end with his 26 and 8 assists. He topped the Mustangs' leader, Jimmy Whitt's career best 24, which raises a question. If the NCAA grant Whitt a sixth year because of injuries, will the Cats have figured out that he only goes left and penetrates for mid-range jumpers. Whitt can't shoot outside, so he doesn't try. But, he eats our defenders up.

On to the semis. I expect a fight to the finish in tonight's nightcap between Temple and WSU.

Comment

Great win tonight to break the two game losing streak. Need to keep winning to get the best seed possible.
                ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

Cumberland with 26 points, 8 assists (mostly in first half).

Scott finished with a double-double: 17 points, 12 rebs.

Jenifer with 17! He looked like he hurt his shoulder for part of the game, but came up big with making all 5 three's that he shot.
                  Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

Watching Temple and Wichita State.

Marshall is crazy and not in the good way.
                    Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

Solid win & great performance by our POY JC. Let's keep it up & beat the snot out of WSU!

Comment

Markus McDuffie went off for 34 last night, so the Cats need to contain him. These games with WSU have been very physical, with a whole lot of trash talking.

We can't expect Justin Jenifer to go perfect from the floor again, but he and the others need to keep scoring, so that Gregg Marshall doesn't tie up Jarron Cumberland. Trevon Scott was great last night, but he hasn't always followed an excellent performance with another one. And, will Keith Williams get his head in the game tonight?

I look for something similar to last night. Tight throughout, with the Cats finding a way to pull ahead in the final six minutes. UC 66-60.

Comment

Dan Hoard just tweeted out:

The #Bearcats won both regular season meetings against Wichita State. UC will try to become the first team to beat Shockers head coach Gregg Marshall three times in the same season (I don’t know how many schools have even had the opportunity...can’t be many)

-Marshall also going for his 500th win.
                          Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

Originally posted by CroninCrazy View Post
                            Dan Hoard just tweeted out:

-Marshall also going for his 500th win.
                            He can get it in the NIT.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
                              Markus McDuffie went off for 34 last night, so the Cats need to contain him. These games with WSU have been very physical, with a whole lot of trash talking.

We can't expect Justin Jenifer to go perfect from the floor again, but he and the others need to keep scoring, so that Gregg Marshall doesn't tie up Jarron Cumberland. Trevon Scott was great last night, but he hasn't always followed an excellent performance with another one. And, will Keith Williams get his head in the game tonight?

I look for something similar to last night. Tight throughout, with the Cats finding a way to pull ahead in the final six minutes. UC 66-60.
                              Line is UC by 6.
                              Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

Wild finish in Houston-Memphis game. Cougars had 13-point lead, then didn't make a FG after the 9:56 mark. They also missed their last 6 FT's. Down, 61-58, Jeremiah Martin had an open trey at about :05, but it missed. He got the ball back & was blocked at the horn. Houston survived.

Why didn't they shoot like that at 5th/3rd this past weekend?

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X