AAC Tourney*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAC Tourney*

If it started today...I'll update accordingly.

​​​​​​Way it would look now:

8. USF
    9. UConn
    *winner gets1. Houston

5. Memphis
    12. Tulane
    *winner gets 4. Temple

--------------------------

7. Tulsa
    10. SMU
    *winner gets 2. UC

6. Wichita
    11. ECU
    *winners gets 3.UCF
    Cory Huffman
    Cin City

If possible, I don't mind playing Memphis again, but I'd rather do it in the Semi's or final...if it shook out that way.
    Cory Huffman
    Cin City

Comment

Looks pretty good to me. I'd rather play Memphis early on a weekday where the crowd wouldn't be as much of a factor. If Memphis makes it to the weekend I think they become the favorite to win the whole thing.

Incidentally, these games are going to count as home games for Memphis in the NET rankings because the tournament is on their home floor. This is a change from how this was would have calculated under the RPI I think.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Ive played around with different scenarios with everyone's remaining schedule...unless something completely freakish happens, Memphis will probably be a meet-up in the title game if both teams advanced.

Never know though.
        Cory Huffman
        Cin City

Comment

Always want to avoid the host team, whoever it is. We OWN Penny but it would still be tough. UCF is peaking and playing the best ball of the contenders at this point. It really shouldn't matter but if I had my druthers I would rather miss those two.

Comment

Priority #1.. avoid a loss in the Quarters.. nothing outside of that could really damage our ncaa seed line that way that could (up to 6 spots on the s-curve). *Message not to be mistaken for my desire to win the whole thing.*

Comment

Originally posted by Bp4thebest View Post
              Priority #1.. avoid a loss in the Quarters.. nothing outside of that could really damage our ncaa seed line that way that could (up to 6 spots on the s-curve). *Message not to be mistaken for my desire to win the whole thing.*
              I've followed the seeding process for years and the conference tournaments have no impact; except when a previous non-qualifier wins and automatic bid. The NCAA selection committee talks about how they're working everything up to the last minute, but in reality its all based on the end of the regular season. Look at how many #1 seeds (as of the end of regular season) lose in their conference tournament, but still end up a #1 seed. The selection committee sits behind closed doors, drinking beer, eating pizza and watching conference tournament games, have new conferences talking about how hard they're working - but make no changes. We need to beat UCF and Houston the next 2 games to get the best seed.

Comment

Anone know what the tiebreaker would be between UC and UCF for the 2nd and 3rd seed if we lose to Houston and UCF beats Temple?
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                  Anone know what the tiebreaker would be between UC and UCF for the 2nd and 3rd seed if we lose to Houston and UCF beats Temple?
                  Dan Hoard said yesterday with that scenario we would be the third seed.

John

Comment

Originally posted by Barklee View Post

I've followed the seeding process for years and the conference tournaments have no impact; except when a previous non-qualifier wins and automatic bid. The NCAA selection committee talks about how they're working everything up to the last minute, but in reality its all based on the end of the regular season. Look at how many #1 seeds (as of the end of regular season) lose in their conference tournament, but still end up a #1 seed. The selection committee sits behind closed doors, drinking beer, eating pizza and watching conference tournament games, have new conferences talking about how hard they're working - but make no changes. We need to beat UCF and Houston the next 2 games to get the best seed.
                    I have heard this theory before.. I do not believe it to be true; since Uc lost it's 1 seed K mart's senior year in their conf tourney and Uc would not have been a 2 seed if they would have lost in the conf tourney last season. I cannot be convinced of that.

Comment

With USF's loss to SMU today, the Bulls fell to the #8 seed, pushing Tulsa into #7. The Hurricane will play #10 SMU on Thursday night, and the Cats get the winner Friday at 7:00 on ESPNU.

Here's the full schedule:

http://www.theamerican.org/sports/20...l.aspx?id=351&

Comment

SMU beat Tulsa.

We play them on Friday at 7 on ESPNU.
                        Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

This should be an easy game for UC. SMU plays a short bench and on top of that they're playing back to back games. Hopefully our team will show up with energy.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDaddyCornHusker View Post
                            This should be an easy game for UC. SMU plays a short bench and on top of that they're playing back to back games. Hopefully our team will show up with energy.
                            SMU easy?? Yikes I don't know about that. They've got some guys that shoot it well from 3.

Comment

Houston beat the living snot out of UConn today, 84-45. Memphis did likewise at home to UCF, 79-55 . The Cougars and Tigers will face off tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X