Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scott with 13. Rest of the team 10.
    Former KMart Ball Boy

"Graduation is the key, period. I am on a mission to stop the exploitive nature of college athletics. We must make sure our kids graduate and have opportunities to have productive and happy lives." -MC

Comment

Keith Williams can not guard Taylor.

Comment

Dang.
        Well UC had a chance down three and last second shot with Cane, but just couldn't pull through.
        Former KMart Ball Boy

"Graduation is the key, period. I am on a mission to stop the exploitive nature of college athletics. We must make sure our kids graduate and have opportunities to have productive and happy lives." -MC

Comment

They got the shot they wanted on the last possession, he just missed. Also, missed front end on a 1-1 happens again in crunch time. A missed front end should count as a turnover.

Comment

They lost the game with the way they played in the first half. They just didn’t play with the passion and energy that UCF did. Except for Scott. He was fantastic tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
              They lost the game with the way they played in the first half. They just didn’t play with the passion and energy that UCF did. Except for Scott. He was fantastic tonight.
              Scott with the best game of his career, hopefully more to come.

Comment

It's a pity they could not pull it out. I could only listen to the first half and Dan Hoard was perplexed at Cumberland's play..."he usually hits those shots 75% of the time" he said at one point. Hoard said there was a lot of contact in the first half, not sure if that impacted Cumberland or not, if he was getting off any clean shots. If he has a decent first half we probably win. Still have a chance to hang a banner if we beat Houston. A loss to Houston would obviously be devastating, to have that title snatched out of our hands by going 0-2 against the best 2 other teams in the conference in the last week of the season.

Comment

So last night's game was obviously disappointing from an effort and result standpoint. The thing that has been bothering me is that Cumberland's play, aside from Memphis, has not been very good the last 4 games. He's a guy that seems to love contact when he initiates it but it's been interesting to watch other teams body him up and essentially keep his scoring in check. He certainly lacks explosiveness and hasn't been able to get separation when that style of defense is used against him. A more athletic player like Williams would just blow by but Cumberland isn't that guy. I remember how well Steve Logan used to get to the elbow, give a little shot fake get his man in the air and then head to the line. It would be great to have Cumberland emulate that instead of the running floater he takes which is a very hard shot to make consistently. Both he and Jennifer last night had defensive breakdowns that lead to easy and important buckets by Taylor. Jarron with his lack of effort to get back after a missed shot, and Justin looked like he was going for a steal against Taylor at the top of the key allowing him to drive and make the winning shot. Good news in all of this is that we still have a shot at first place and even how poorly we played we had a shot to tie the game at the buzzer against a top 25 team on the road, on senior night no less.

Comment

We were 3 point underdogs on ESPN. I'm not a sports gambler. If you end up tied, with the points, is that a push, or does the house have an advantage?

Comment

Originally posted by Carin's Dad View Post
                      We were 3 point underdogs on ESPN. I'm not a sports gambler. If you end up tied, with the points, is that a push, or does the house have an advantage?
                      That's a push. The house has the overall advantage over the course of a bazillion bets because they're experts and most gamblers are uninformed idiots, relatively speaking. (Not to mention a 10% penalty when you lose.)
                      Last edited by swilsonsp4; 03-09-2019, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X