Ucf 3/7 7:00 espn2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ucf 3/7 7:00 espn2

Rematch time. Tacko seems to have gotten the message after we held his totals down at 5/3. Had a double double against both SMU aand Houston and had 18pts against USF. Based on the game vs. Houston that they won yesterday, Brooks had better be really good on pick and roll defense against Fall. They ran that into the ground during the closing minutes in Houston until they had to take out Fall for FT % reasons.

Going back to the first game it was really Aubrey Dawkins that killed us. Dawkins had 18

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...meId=401084811

Stats:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...tats/_/id/2116
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    Rematch time. Tacko seems to have gotten the message after we held his totals down at 5/3. Had a double double against both SMU aand Houston and had 18pts against USF. Based on the game vs. Houston that they won yesterday, Brooks had better be really good on pick and roll defense against Fall. They ran that into the ground during the closing minutes in Houston until they had to take out Fall for FT % reasons.

Going back to the first game it was really Aubrey Dawkins that killed us. Dawkins had 18

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...meId=401084811

Stats:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...tats/_/id/2116

Dawkins couldn't miss from 3pt range.... Tacko Fall was not a factor in the first game... Brooks did nice job for the most part keeping Tacko away from the rim.... If Fall can be pushed / backed away from the rim, will have a great shot to win.... I would take our chances letting Dawkins try to beat us again....Chances are the 3's will not be dropping for him.

Comment

Well, definitely nervous about this one. But good for the league to have UCF (likely) in the Tournament, and getting there largely through a road win at Houston (vs. knocking off UC) is a plus. Perhaps they are really gelling now, but maybe they will have the foot off the gas a bit. Rather them coming off a big win vs Houston than desperate and needing the win vs UC. They have given UC lots of trouble, but don't think it should be a completely hostile environment. Also, the win over Houston has obviously caught the players' attention so Mick and his staff won't need to motivate them.

I don't bet, but I'd say take the UNDER!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
        Well, definitely nervous about this one. But good for the league to have UCF (likely) in the Tournament, and getting there largely through a road win at Houston (vs. knocking off UC) is a plus. Perhaps they are really gelling now, but maybe they will have the foot off the gas a bit. Rather them coming off a big win vs Houston than desperate and needing the win vs UC. They have given UC lots of trouble, but don't think it should be a completely hostile environment. Also, the win over Houston has obviously caught the players' attention so Mick and his staff won't need to motivate them.

I don't bet, but I'd say take the UNDER!
        It will be Senior Night in Orlando for Tacko, Brown, Taylor and a couple others. There's no way the Knights will let up on the gas. The Cats are going to have to bring their A game.

Comment

I had wondered if Justin Jenifer would be suspended for the UCF game, following his ejection, but per the Enquirer, he's good to go:

"Justin Jenifer was ejected from Saturday's game for leaving the bench with Jarron Cumberland took a hard foul from Antwann Jones of Memphis. Unlike football, this won't cost Jenifer in the next game as UC Sports Communications confirmed Jenifer would be able to play against UCF."

Comment

Even if we take an L in Orlando, we'll still play for a share of the AAC title against Houston on Sunday. If we win in Orlando, The game against Houston will be for the outright title.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The UCF brass are pushing hard for a sellout Thursday night. You'd think that would be a given, considering the strong finish the Knights are putting up, especially after knocking off Houston.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...306-story.html

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
                I had wondered if Justin Jenifer would be suspended for the UCF game, following his ejection, but per the Enquirer, he's good to go:

"Justin Jenifer was ejected from Saturday's game for leaving the bench with Jarron Cumberland took a hard foul from Antwann Jones of Memphis. Unlike football, this won't cost Jenifer in the next game as UC Sports Communications confirmed Jenifer would be able to play against UCF."
                That was a bs ejection from what i saw. I believe the under 8 timeout was being called after the initial whistle, and there were a number of guys coming off the bench because of that timeout. I can't recall if goofy Valentine came up with that or not, but i fully expected the T was going to be on Brooks for a forearm. Never in a million thought they would toss JJ for that. Last guy i'd expect to be in an ejection.

Comment

This one's going to be tough to win. Here's the Sentinel's article today on UCF's graduating seniors.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...307-story.html

Prediction: UCF 62-55

Comment

Biggest Game of the season so far.... That being said... Can Brooks have another solid game against Fall? Fall had a total of 7pts & 4rbs.... Hold Tacko to those stats again and we have a great shot to win the game...

UC: 58
                    UCF: 56

Comment

Tacko Fall is breaking basketball? https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ng-basketball/

“He can do things on the basketball court that have never been done before.”

Comment

Fall should have been called for his 2nd Foul on Cumberland's drive...Would have been huge ....

Comment

UCF is killing us on the Offensive Boards ...

I seen enough !!!
                          Last edited by BearKatz; 03-07-2019, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Cumberland 1-7...ouch.
                            Former KMart Ball Boy

"Graduation is the key, period. I am on a mission to stop the exploitive nature of college athletics. We must make sure our kids graduate and have opportunities to have productive and happy lives." -MC

Comment

Originally posted by CroninCrazy View Post
                              Cumberland 1-7...ouch.

Not good, down 8 at the half..... Fall went out at the 7min mark.... We're getting out hustled tonight.... Scott has played well, and that's basically it!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X