No announcement yet.

Houston 3/10 12:00 CBS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be careful what you wish for. Chucking a coach who gets us to the NCAAs consistently is asking for bad karma. There absolutely no guarantee whatsoever that a new coach will have that same level of success.

I get it. We all want the second weekend in the tournament . This team may have just peaked at the wrong time this season and People have us figured out at this point. The schedule was back loaded and it won’t get easier in the NCAA tourney but the team has overachieved this season and They did that with our current coach. Mick’s fairly young still. He’ll get better with adjustments over time. He’s had decent mentors.

Sent from my iBoat

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Barklee View Post
      You guys really need to lighten up with all of the negativity. You must not have suffered through the Ed Badger and Tony Yates years, like a lot of us older guys did. I define success as the following:

Win 20+ games a year
      Make the NCAA Tournament every year
      Battle for the regular season conference championship
      Be competitive in the conference tournament
      Run a clean program
      Push student athletes to excel in the classroom

According to my scorecard Mick gets an A+ for this season, especially when you consider the talent we lost from last years team.

How many of you naysayers support UCATS with more than a token donation, if any at all? I put my money where my mouth is and donate extra each year.

If you want a winner with no moral or academic scruples, good riddance and go follow UK or UNC.

Randy Brown
      UC AsE '82
      Well I have had to suffer through your comment. jelly Jones and David Duarte were my favs. The problem is that I remember celebrating through the late 50s and early 60s. Go Doug kecman

Comment

This thread is devolving. We're beating a dead horse and swaying no one either way.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
          This thread is devolving. We're beating a dead horse and swaying no one either way.
          Every time we lose the same posts show up, interestingly from members who rarely post anything when we win. Typical online stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Every time we lose the same posts show up, interestingly from members who rarely post anything when we win. Typical online stuff.

Totally agree with that statement... Usually it's the same dozen members give or take who consistently post in this Basketball Forum.... Truth be told, something has to change!! We are LOSING the recruiting battles which is causing us to lose GAMES..... Lesser Programs for whatever reason are having more success landing talented players...... As I said in previous posts, we're going to get manhandle in a couple of years if recruiting does not change! Memphis has high caliber talent on the way..... I said in an earlier post, X has (4) Top 150 Players incoming next year...... WHEN?????? Was the last time UC had (4) top 150 Players incoming ? How about (3)???

We're losing in the recruiting battle which is causing us to lose on the Court..... Why ??? It's either the Coach, School , or the AAC... ? It has to be one of the three....

We're NOT getting the same level of players when Huggins was coach.... It's painful to say, but isn't it the truth ? I always thought in the past, Mick was a better recruiter, but now i'm starting to wonder....

You can't win games without the Horses boys, it's just that simple....

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
              Be careful what you wish for. Chucking a coach who gets us to the NCAAs consistently is asking for bad karma. There absolutely no guarantee whatsoever that a new coach will have that same level of success.

I get it. We all want the second weekend in the tournament . This team may have just peaked at the wrong time this season and People have us figured out at this point. The schedule was back loaded and it won’t get easier in the NCAA tourney but the team has overachieved this season and They did that with our current coach. Mick’s fairly young still. He’ll get better with adjustments over time. He’s had decent mentors.

Sent from my iBoat
              We did better than i thought in the regular season. I honestly had us at 11-7 in conference for 4th or 5th place...fringe NCAA team. To have been in position to share a conference title was pretty spectacular. No, we didn't look good at all and thats the hot take frustration of many fans. However, we still can make some noise. Will we? Recent history argues the point, but you never know. I have to think that next year we can have some lofty expectations if JC returns. I really believe Brooks will be pretty awesome next year. I think Scott will be much improved along with KW. If LJ and/or Curtis, along with JC can handle the point with good efficiency AND trevor moore can find some confidence, we will be tough as nails! We will wait and see. Until then, enjoy March...regardless of what some of these people say, after the OSU game 90% of our fans wouldn't have predicted this kind of regular season...myself included.

Go Bearcats!!
              Cory Huffman
              Cin City

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Sent from my iBoat
                And as much **** as he gets constantly, finishing 2nd and 25-6 isn't possible without Coach. Too many "forum" coaches. 67 teams will lose in the coming weeks...Sweet 16/Elite 8 are just glory narratives...does that mean I don't want to be there? No it doesn't. I'd love to. I actually love the idea that we would still be playing...the title of Sweet 16 or Elite 8 comes with the ability to keep playing.
                Cory Huffman
                Cin City

Comment

Originally posted by loshow22 View Post

And as much **** as he gets constantly, finishing 2nd and 25-6 isn't possible without Coach. Too many "forum" coaches. 67 teams will lose in the coming weeks...Sweet 16/Elite 8 are just glory narratives...does that mean I don't want to be there? No it doesn't. I'd love to. I actually love the idea that we would still be playing...the title of Sweet 16 or Elite 8 comes with the ability to keep playing.
                  Yep agree. I've been just as guilty as others on here of berating COACH. It's silly to do that after a tough loss. As Brent said be careful what you ask for.
                  The question to ask yourself is are you willing to see the athletic department and university sell their collective soul to get elite players and deeper runs in the tournament? Just remember this: we aren't Duke, UNC, Kansas, Arizona, etc.......the moment we're ever implicated in a corruption scandal like the current one in college basketball, we'll end up on Probation with Post Season Bans. I guarantee you Mick knows that too.

Comment

Stay clean and stay consistent. Build the brand.
                    Cory Huffman
                    Cin City

Comment

Thankfully, my expectations are much lower going in to the postseason than last year. It still hurts.

Comment

It wasn't that long ago we had a surprising run to the sweet 16. This team reminds me of that one for some reason. Don't count them out

Comment

That team was more talented than this year’s team, imo. Gates, Wright, Dixon, Parker, Kilpatrick, Jackson. Plus, they played better competition that year - BEast vs. AAC. I think the roster next year, assuming Cumberland returns, would be very similar from a talent standpoint to the 2012 team.
                          Last edited by London 'Cat; 03-13-2019, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hipal88 View Post
                            Well said, Gilenerm, well said. And Barklee must have slept through the Huggins' years when we were feared across the land. Look, we are 10 years into this rebuilding project. I don't see it ending and this is as good as it gets. If you are happy with it, then UC should drop down to D2 or D3. I would rather raise the bar than lower it.
                            I am not happy we are not going deep into the Tourney on a semi-regular basis or making progress toward competing for a National Championship. This is more than missing on some recruits. However, we are in no way comparable to D2 or D3 schools. I get your frustration and tongue in cheek comment about happy with status of the program. The program is not progressing, The program did not meet expectations with our most talented team 17/18. We are regressing in 18/19.

I do believe Mick is the coach able to take us forward. If you don't believe that we can progress with Mick, let's discuss it. We cannot have a sizable portion of the fanbase in the Fire Mick group.
                            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

As unbelievable as it sounds, I am not in the fire Mick camp.....yet. He has done a great job and who doesn't love going to the dance every year? But going to the dance is not the goal. Being a great team that advances in the dance and perhaps, maybe even plays for a NC (Butler, Villanova come to mind) is the goal. I worry that last year was the high point and it still turned out to be a *ut punch. We will see how things play out this year and next. At some point somebody decided we could do better than the winningest coach (and losingest) in UC football and that turned out not too shabby.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X