No announcement yet.

Houston 3/10 12:00 CBS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best team won. Give Mick credit for bringing this limited team so far. New season starts now, everybody is 0-0.

Comment

Worst game of a great season. Houston is really good. 25-6 and another NCAA bid exceeded my expectations of this team. On to Memphis!
      Coach Cronin get well soon!

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
        The best team won. Give Mick credit for bringing this limited team so far. New season starts now, everybody is 0-0.
        Except for those making seeding decisions. They're pretty much locked in by now.

Comment

Disappointing loss but UH was the better team & made shots. We over achieved this season & it was a great season. Let's get hot now & make a run.
          Last edited by bearcatjd; 03-10-2019, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
            A thorough a$$-kicking by Houston. The Cats were completely outclassed today. This does not bode well for the postseason for UC.
            UC usually comes back with a vengeance, after a beating like this.

Comment

Went up by 6 early in the 2nd half, then proceeded to get trounced and imploded.

Broome and Jenifer were awful, really let that team down. Broome was 2 for 11, they combined for 9 points, 4 of those coming from FT's, Jenifer was 0-5, Broome 2 -11.

I long for a Cats team with more than one consistent scorer or threat.

Comment

Originally posted by Barklee View Post

UC usually comes back with a vengeance, after a beating like this.

That's what I thought they'd do after the USF game. But yeah, guess we'll see if this motivates them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliftonite View Post

That's what I thought they'd do after the USF game. But yeah, guess we'll see if this motivates them.
                  Did you mean UCF? Usually the 'Cats bounce back from losses like the one against UCF on Thursday. But, Houston was so good they could not sustain the level of play that Houston did. But, to me, the 'Cats looked tired, especially Cumberland, Jenifer and Broome. They will have some recovery time before the conference tournament begins. Hopefully it helps.

Comment

Two straight losses to two very good teams that they will face again in the AAC tourney. Not such a good way to end a season. This whole team is going to have to step up or we are going to have a very short March.

Comment

Well, teams figured out how to play against this team...contain and double team Cumberland and make someone else beat you.

My question is- if Scott had such a great game against UCF the game before, why did his minutes go down and why did Nsoseme hardly play?

Also, I don’t know what happened to the Defense, but I have never seen so many back cuts, leading to easy lay ups in my life. They blew past the defender and made everything look so easy.
                      Former KMart Ball Boy

"Graduation is the key, period. I am on a mission to stop the exploitive nature of college athletics. We must make sure our kids graduate and have opportunities to have productive and happy lives." -MC

Comment

Mick post game said he is having tryouts and might call Coach Fick for some players.
                        Former KMart Ball Boy

"Graduation is the key, period. I am on a mission to stop the exploitive nature of college athletics. We must make sure our kids graduate and have opportunities to have productive and happy lives." -MC

Comment

Please don't take me the wrong way. I love bearcat basketball and football. My issue is with coach Cronin. Last year the team had many players, good enough, to have advanced deep into the tournament. They should have beaten a very good Nevada team. They were beating Nevada very badly and then they totally fell apart. The coach did not call time outs early in Nevada's miraculous run. The team had the players but not an offensive scheme to utilize their talent. This year the talent is much less. Many games this years could easily been losses; however, they gutted them out for wins (maybe they overachieved-Good for them). The team still has no offensive schemes and now with less talent it would be expected that they would have a difficult time with good teams. Houston has many very talented players that shared the scoring and were capable. Cumberland just can not do it himself. I can see frustration building in Cumberland with each game now. I don't see any help coming for him next year; consequently, I would not be surprised that he will leave for the NBA at the end of the season. UC is a big university and should be able to draw great players such as Houston, SMU, UCF, etc.; but we don't. A great player like Cumberland, just isn't enough. Either we get a new coach that knows how to teach offense AND defense or Mick needs to get an offensive coordinator to devise schemes that can be built upon from year to year. It just seems like his team is built on defense and defense only. That stifles players to mature offensively. I guess, after a approx. decade, I expect the team to be able to advance deeper into the tournament. I'm frustrated …. thanks for listening.

Comment

Not sure why Mick left JJ and Broome in the game when they both played poorly, other than them being Seniors. I think Logan Johnson should see more playing time, he brings great defense, rebounding and energy.

Comment

Originally posted by SawyerHall68 View Post
                              Please don't take me the wrong way. I love bearcat basketball and football. My issue is with coach Cronin. Last year the team had many players, good enough, to have advanced deep into the tournament. They should have beaten a very good Nevada team. They were beating Nevada very badly and then they totally fell apart. The coach did not call time outs early in Nevada's miraculous run. The team had the players but not an offensive scheme to utilize their talent. This year the talent is much less. Many games this years could easily been losses; however, they gutted them out for wins (maybe they overachieved-Good for them). The team still has no offensive schemes and now with less talent it would be expected that they would have a difficult time with good teams. Houston has many very talented players that shared the scoring and were capable. Cumberland just can not do it himself. I can see frustration building in Cumberland with each game now. I don't see any help coming for him next year; consequently, I would not be surprised that he will leave for the NBA at the end of the season. UC is a big university and should be able to draw great players such as Houston, SMU, UCF, etc.; but we don't. A great player like Cumberland, just isn't enough. Either we get a new coach that knows how to teach offense AND defense or Mick needs to get an offensive coordinator to devise schemes that can be built upon from year to year. It just seems like his team is built on defense and defense only. That stifles players to mature offensively. I guess, after a approx. decade, I expect the team to be able to advance deeper into the tournament. I'm frustrated …. thanks for listening.
                              I get what you're saying about the way Cronin has coached in game; however, Cumberland is not the only talented player on this team. Stars in recruiting magazines are heavily weighted toward players recruited my schools with large subscription base. Cumberland is good, but Williams, Brooks, Broome, Scott, and Jenifer are also talented. Everyone has a role and the team cannot be blamed for recruits Mick missed or chose to go elsewhere.
                              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
                                Houston knows that Cumberland is our only offense. They are defending him aggressively and making other players beat them. The other players have not answered the call. Where is Nsoseme??
                                Diarra has become 2nd big man in rotation.
                                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X