X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lobot
    started a topic Wichita St 2/17 1:00 ESPN

Wichita St 2/17 1:00 ESPN

Wichita St. is basically playing .500 ball at this point thanks to a 4 game winning streak. The bulk of the load is still going through Markus McDuffie. MCDuffie's had 20+ in the his last two games. However, last game Midtgaardt killed us in limited minutes. Hopefully Brooks plays a little better against him and Nsosome is healthy after a week layoff. WSU also has the week off so if there's rust , both teams will have it. No reason we shouldn't win this at home.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...tats/_/id/2724
    Last edited by Lobot; 02-12-2019, 01:00 PM.

• loshow22
    replied
    Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post

I agree, especially witnessing Sunday, that more of the students need to bring their "A" game, but as for moving them, that ship has sailed. UC isn't moving them to those padded seats and losing the big $$ that are paying for them.

I get that. Sometimes I wonder what it would have been like with the student section combined and on the side. Oh well. Hypothetically, IF they bring it, the current placement can be just as daunting.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Post mortem on the game from the Athletic

https://theathletic.com/824406/2019/...st-season-run/

Leave a comment:

• Geaux Juan
    replied
    Originally posted by loshow22 View Post
    Student section has to be better. A part of me wishes they'd move the student section to one of the sidelines and combine it as one.
    I agree, especially witnessing Sunday, that more of the students need to bring their "A" game, but as for moving them, that ship has sailed. UC isn't moving them to those padded seats and losing the big $$ that are paying for them.

The Student section, to me, appears to be much smaller. And now that the walls have opened up, the sound doesn't get trapped in like it use to.

Another observation I have is that the Champions' Club is having the same affect in basketball as the football club has, i.e., those people aren't spending the majority of time in their seats. And in general, the new arena configuration has made it easier to not spend time in seats but still take in the game. Before, one was at the Shoe for the game; now it's so nice and with so many alternative areas that, including reduced seating, not so many are cheering/shouting as before.

But back to Sunday, a 1 PM tipoff against a team we all expected to beat just didn't get many fired-up.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

I'm not sure either...Toyambi might be a long term project...Hardnett I know has ball handling skills and can score...I believe 6'7" / 6'8" ? Going off memory ... I think played some PG his senior year... Probably a starting PF down the road.... We could definitely use another Gary Clark....Someone at least 6'8" that's a dependable scorer & rebound machine....
    Saw a comment from Dan Cronin that both of these guys are PFs. Toyambi is a 3 year starter at the 4 and because of this they've moved Diarra to the 5 position which is why he's not getting a ton of time becuase he's behind Brooks and Nsoseme.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatjd
    replied
    I would like to see Fredericks get more playing time & Scott & Brooks rotate with each other. Fredericks is much more fluid on the court & a solid rebounder. Hopefully he will start to score more underneath than
    take 3pt shots all the time.

Leave a comment:

• loshow22
    replied
    Student section has to be better. A part of me wishes they'd move the student section to one of the sidelines and combine it as one. Not sure what that would look like, but they have to be better. Let some of us not-quite-old-but-not-young-anymore people try under the basket. I've still got some fire to cheer/hoot/scream/look-like-an-***-with-style and grace left in me.

Good win. I had us at 19-6 through 25 games....21-4 is fine by me.

Leave a comment:

• BearKatz
    replied
    Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

I'm not sure what to expect from Toyambi and Hardnett, hopefully they add quality depth along with Curtis.

I'm not sure either...Toyambi might be a long term project...Hardnett I know has ball handling skills and can score...I believe 6'7" / 6'8" ? Going off memory ... I think played some PG his senior year... Probably a starting PF down the road.... We could definitely use another Gary Clark....Someone at least 6'8" that's a dependable scorer & rebound machine....

Leave a comment:

• longtimefan
    replied
    Originally posted by BearKatz View Post
    IF??? Jarron comes back next year, and I hope to God he does....This Team will be explosive with Samari Curtis, Williams , & Cumberland.... We could be talking (50)pts just from those (3) Players.... Mick needs to find an Inside Stud ??? Do we not have a scholarship open I believe? Jenifer & Broome will be gone.... Their has to be some top 50-100 Player / Center out their still.... Brooks & Scott can not be counted on to sustain any type of Offense / Defense on a regular basis ......
    I'm not sure what to expect from Toyambi and Hardnett, hopefully they add quality depth along with Curtis.

Leave a comment:

• BearKatz
    replied
    IF??? Jarron comes back next year, and I hope to God he does....This Team will be explosive with Samari Curtis, Williams , & Cumberland.... We could be talking (50)pts just from those (3) Players.... Mick needs to find an Inside Stud ??? Do we not have a scholarship open I believe? Jenifer & Broome will be gone.... Their has to be some top 50-100 Player / Center out their still.... Brooks & Scott can not be counted on to sustain any type of Offense / Defense on a regular basis ......

Leave a comment:

• coach
    replied
    Originally posted by bearcatjd View Post
    Solid win but our bigs need to start producing.
    JC is a stud & my goodness I hope he returns next year.
    I'll be curious next year if the proverbial bell goes off for Scott and Brooks as it did for Justin Jackson. He was a non entity offensively his first 3 seasons, but became much more assertive in his last call. Brooks was hobbled after he took that fall, and his defense was stellar. Fredericks is an interesting player, and he did gather himself and square up and knock down that 3 so there's hope for him in year 2. Kid has 8 rebounds in 15 minutes. He brings a lot more intangibles than i expected of him. Good win, and how about Elie with 2/4 from the ft line! That's a win.

Leave a comment:

• hipal88
    replied
    Without jc they lose by 20. We were so weak on the glass and inside. Tmoore looked like his first time playing. I'll chalk it up to a week off.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatjd
    replied
    Solid win but our bigs need to start producing.
    JC is a stud & my goodness I hope he returns next year.

Leave a comment:

• BearKatz
    replied
    Another All American outing by Jarron Cumberland.... If we had an inside game, we would be close to unbeatable.... Brooks & Scott did a decent job Rebounding today....Brooks had (5) Blocked shots which was a big help... The shooting between Scott & Brooks was embarrassing today.... Take the Dunk away from Brooks and he scores a point.... So many point blank shots missed by those two.... and a good majority never even touched the rim... Broome played well today, and Williams did a good job hitting his FT's ..... 21-4 , I'll take it.... Should be Ranked (23-24) I'm guessing....

Leave a comment:

• CroninCrazy
    replied
    UC up 10 at the half! In control...

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X