Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wichita St 2/17 1:00 ESPN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Another All American outing by Jarron Cumberland.... If we had an inside game, we would be close to unbeatable.... Brooks & Scott did a decent job Rebounding today....Brooks had (5) Blocked shots which was a big help... The shooting between Scott & Brooks was embarrassing today.... Take the Dunk away from Brooks and he scores a point.... So many point blank shots missed by those two.... and a good majority never even touched the rim... Broome played well today, and Williams did a good job hitting his FT's ..... 21-4 , I'll take it.... Should be Ranked (23-24) I'm guessing....

    Comment


    • #17
      Solid win but our bigs need to start producing.
      JC is a stud & my goodness I hope he returns next year.

      Comment


      • #18
        Without jc they lose by 20. We were so weak on the glass and inside. Tmoore looked like his first time playing. I'll chalk it up to a week off.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by bearcatjd View Post
          Solid win but our bigs need to start producing.
          JC is a stud & my goodness I hope he returns next year.
          I'll be curious next year if the proverbial bell goes off for Scott and Brooks as it did for Justin Jackson. He was a non entity offensively his first 3 seasons, but became much more assertive in his last call. Brooks was hobbled after he took that fall, and his defense was stellar. Fredericks is an interesting player, and he did gather himself and square up and knock down that 3 so there's hope for him in year 2. Kid has 8 rebounds in 15 minutes. He brings a lot more intangibles than i expected of him. Good win, and how about Elie with 2/4 from the ft line! That's a win.

          Comment


          • #20
            IF??? Jarron comes back next year, and I hope to God he does....This Team will be explosive with Samari Curtis, Williams , & Cumberland.... We could be talking (50)pts just from those (3) Players.... Mick needs to find an Inside Stud ??? Do we not have a scholarship open I believe? Jenifer & Broome will be gone.... Their has to be some top 50-100 Player / Center out their still.... Brooks & Scott can not be counted on to sustain any type of Offense / Defense on a regular basis ......

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by BearKatz View Post
              IF??? Jarron comes back next year, and I hope to God he does....This Team will be explosive with Samari Curtis, Williams , & Cumberland.... We could be talking (50)pts just from those (3) Players.... Mick needs to find an Inside Stud ??? Do we not have a scholarship open I believe? Jenifer & Broome will be gone.... Their has to be some top 50-100 Player / Center out their still.... Brooks & Scott can not be counted on to sustain any type of Offense / Defense on a regular basis ......
              I'm not sure what to expect from Toyambi and Hardnett, hopefully they add quality depth along with Curtis.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

                I'm not sure what to expect from Toyambi and Hardnett, hopefully they add quality depth along with Curtis.

                I'm not sure either...Toyambi might be a long term project...Hardnett I know has ball handling skills and can score...I believe 6'7" / 6'8" ? Going off memory ... I think played some PG his senior year... Probably a starting PF down the road.... We could definitely use another Gary Clark....Someone at least 6'8" that's a dependable scorer & rebound machine....

                Comment


                • #23
                  Student section has to be better. A part of me wishes they'd move the student section to one of the sidelines and combine it as one. Not sure what that would look like, but they have to be better. Let some of us not-quite-old-but-not-young-anymore people try under the basket. I've still got some fire to cheer/hoot/scream/look-like-an-***-with-style and grace left in me.

                  Good win. I had us at 19-6 through 25 games....21-4 is fine by me.
                  Cory Huffman
                  Cin City

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I would like to see Fredericks get more playing time & Scott & Brooks rotate with each other. Fredericks is much more fluid on the court & a solid rebounder. Hopefully he will start to score more underneath than
                    take 3pt shots all the time.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by BearKatz View Post


                      I'm not sure either...Toyambi might be a long term project...Hardnett I know has ball handling skills and can score...I believe 6'7" / 6'8" ? Going off memory ... I think played some PG his senior year... Probably a starting PF down the road.... We could definitely use another Gary Clark....Someone at least 6'8" that's a dependable scorer & rebound machine....
                      Saw a comment from Dan Cronin that both of these guys are PFs. Toyambi is a 3 year starter at the 4 and because of this they've moved Diarra to the 5 position which is why he's not getting a ton of time becuase he's behind Brooks and Nsoseme.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by loshow22 View Post
                        Student section has to be better. A part of me wishes they'd move the student section to one of the sidelines and combine it as one.
                        I agree, especially witnessing Sunday, that more of the students need to bring their "A" game, but as for moving them, that ship has sailed. UC isn't moving them to those padded seats and losing the big $$ that are paying for them.

                        The Student section, to me, appears to be much smaller. And now that the walls have opened up, the sound doesn't get trapped in like it use to.

                        Another observation I have is that the Champions' Club is having the same affect in basketball as the football club has, i.e., those people aren't spending the majority of time in their seats. And in general, the new arena configuration has made it easier to not spend time in seats but still take in the game. Before, one was at the Shoe for the game; now it's so nice and with so many alternative areas that, including reduced seating, not so many are cheering/shouting as before.

                        But back to Sunday, a 1 PM tipoff against a team we all expected to beat just didn't get many fired-up.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Post mortem on the game from the Athletic

                          https://theathletic.com/824406/2019/...st-season-run/
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post

                            I agree, especially witnessing Sunday, that more of the students need to bring their "A" game, but as for moving them, that ship has sailed. UC isn't moving them to those padded seats and losing the big $$ that are paying for them.

                            I get that. Sometimes I wonder what it would have been like with the student section combined and on the side. Oh well. Hypothetically, IF they bring it, the current placement can be just as daunting.
                            Cory Huffman
                            Cin City

                            Comment

                            Responsive Ad Widget

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X