Wichita St 2/17 1:00 ESPN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita St 2/17 1:00 ESPN

Wichita St. is basically playing .500 ball at this point thanks to a 4 game winning streak. The bulk of the load is still going through Markus McDuffie. MCDuffie's had 20+ in the his last two games. However, last game Midtgaardt killed us in limited minutes. Hopefully Brooks plays a little better against him and Nsosome is healthy after a week layoff. WSU also has the week off so if there's rust , both teams will have it. No reason we shouldn't win this at home.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...tats/_/id/2724
    Last edited by Lobot; 02-12-2019, 01:00 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

WSU's wining streak has been against the bottom four teams in the AAC, so the Shockers still have a lot to prove. They are 1-6 on the road, with their lone win at ECU. Then again, that's something the Cats couldn't pull off.

I see UC containing (not stopping) McDuffie, while throttling the rest of WSU's players for a 12-point home win.

It will be interesting to see if the Stevenson-Cumberland wars will reemerge. That guy's really cocky, but he can't guard Jarron.

Comment

I like us to come out and kick their ***. Marshall gets ejected this go round. Lord knows he should have been last time we played. I'll go 72-55
      Cory Huffman
      Cin City

Comment

Does Marshall's wife travel to the away games? If she does, I just have a bad feeling about that.

For ref: https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...about-cursing/
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Well, I believe she was decently belligerent at BB&T last year. Let her yell! Maybe we can use Down the Drive to drown her slurred remarks out...or if one of you sits close enough, record her and we can make a songify version....thats a joke...kind of.
          Cory Huffman
          Cin City

Comment

https://goshockers.com/news/2019/2/1...incinnati.aspx

HEAD COACH GREGG MARSHALL ON..

...having a week to prepare for Cincinnati:
            " Take advantage of it, practice a little bit -- take a couple of days off, do some recruiting. Be busy in other ways."

...playing an opponent for the second time:
            "They obviously know how talented and skilled and big Cincinnati is. It won't take anything to get their attention. They beat us here. Hopefully we will be a little smarter and less apt to be called for fouls like we got called for quite a few in that game. A lot of them we brought it on ourselves by just putting our hands on people when we shouldn't. Hopefully it helps the young guys going into a second scouting report on their personnel."

Comment

Sagarin has UC as 8-point home favorites. I believe the margin will be slightly larger, if Nsoseme can spell Brooks.

UC 78
              WSU 67

Comment

Mike Corey and Seth Greenberg on the call
                https://goshockers.com/documents/201...EarlyNotes.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                  Mike Corey and Seth Greenberg on the call
                  https://goshockers.com/documents/201...EarlyNotes.pdf
                  A couple interesting notes from their press release:

*WSU has not been on UC's campus since 1970
                  *They only have 1 four year guy (McDuffie) & no three year guys. The rest have only been in the system 2 years and under.

Comment

Couture Note: This game is a White-Out. Dress appropriately or in costume as a bottle of your favorite corrective fluid.
                    Last edited by Lobot; 02-15-2019, 05:58 PM.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by BigDaddyCornHusker View Post

A couple interesting notes from their press release:

*WSU has not been on UC's campus since 1970
                      *They only have 1 four year guy (McDuffie) & no three year guys. The rest have only been in the system 2 years and under.
                      Didn't realize, or forgot, that WSU's president is from Cincinnati/graduated from UC https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Bardo

Comment

The line is UC by 12.
                        Former KMart Ball Boy

"Graduation is the key, period. I am on a mission to stop the exploitive nature of college athletics. We must make sure our kids graduate and have opportunities to have productive and happy lives." -MC

Comment

Originally posted by CroninCrazy View Post
                          The line is UC by 12.

That being said, I look for UC to bounce back with a vengeance.... Probably a slow start, haven't played since last Sunday....Cumberland Scores 25-30pts....

UC: 77
                          WSU: 62

Comment

Jenifer is in foul trouble early and Wichita State came back and took the lead.

Cumberland has 12, but UC is down 17-16.
                            Former KMart Ball Boy

"Graduation is the key, period. I am on a mission to stop the exploitive nature of college athletics. We must make sure our kids graduate and have opportunities to have productive and happy lives." -MC

Comment

UC up 10 at the half! In control...
                              Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X