Enquirer article on UC and its perception

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enquirer article on UC and its perception

Really interesting read here. The university has significantly raised its profile over the last 30 years, yet the perception remains that UC is not a good school. This article talks about how it affects recruiting.

I have said for many years that the athletic department does a poor job of promoting the athletes at UC. I will say I have notice more social media presence in the last 2-3 years, but it seems it's fallen way behind.

My daughter is a senior in HS and is currently ranked first in her class. UC is her first choice because of the academics - she couldn't care less about sports/athletics, particularly those that sell tickets. (she played soccer through high school) Again, an interesting read.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ng/2812974002/

London 'Cat I'll give credit where credit is due. The academic profile has changed significantly since the two of us were in school and I give Nancy Zimpher a lot of credit for that. As far as I know it was Zimpher who closed University College and moved those students out to Blue Ash and Clermont. It effectively raised the academic standing of main campus by shuffling the numbers around but down the road that's been a huge factor in attracting high achieving students to the main campus. This Isn't Joe Steger's university anymore. It's progressed a lot.

Zimpher will always be looked down on for the Bob Huggins firing but in her short time at UC she did a lot for the academic side of the university from a plannning standpoint. We spend a lot of time on here talking about sports at UC and I think it's easy to forget that at the mission of the university is not sports.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X