No announcement yet.

Houston 2/10 4:00 ESPN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably the toughest game of the year. #12 Houston on the road. We lost by 7 but we have another crack at them. This team has overachieved so far. Take care of business and we should get a decent NCAA bid.
    ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

Originally posted by gobearcats1 View Post
      No offense last six minutes and Jarreau killed them at the end of the game. Tough place to win. Pretty good effort, just wish we could get more production from Scott and Jenifer.
      Yup. Good game for first 34 minutes but faded at the end. To advance in the tournament we need 40 tough hard minutes.

Comment

It's not why we lost but goodness the officiating in that game was just brutal all the way around. Even Mick said the officials handed Houston 8 points.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I was not expecting a win at their place so i'm tempered in my reaction to the loss. That said, we had the game where we wanted it to be down the stretch, but we were a little to one dimensional offensively, and they had big enough kids to force JC into some tough chances. At the end of the day, we needed to get a lot more offensively from our front court, and i thought Brooks gave them good effort if not for his far to typical poor ft shooting on the road. Scott can't play 35 minutes and have 1 fg and 3 rebounds, not to mention the fg was a 3. It will be interesting back here to see if Jenifer plays more minutes. They're size and quickness created some match up issues particularly with JC having two first half fouls. I'm not discouraged as i think they will have more trouble scoring when the play here, and i do not think we'll miss 44 shots. We need Elie back at full strength with that ankle as his defensive presence is badly needed inside against a team like that. We were outscored down low significantly. Hopefully the week off will get him back to playing full minutes.

Comment

A close loss against a tough opponent. They battled hard but came up short. I like our chances at home against them. Our bigs need to be more offensive minded & score more inside.

Comment

Was what up with Jenifer in that game? He got pulled after a turnover early. 1 assist, 1 TO and didn't take a single shot. All I can think of is Mick knew he needed more offense in this game and went with Broome. Anyone catch the post game presser?
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                Was what up with Jenifer in that game? He got pulled after a turnover early. 1 assist, 1 TO and didn't take a single shot. All I can think of is Mick knew he needed more offense in this game and went with Broome. Anyone catch the post game presser?

Comment

U.C. played a pretty good game for the first (34) minutes..... The scoring drought at the end finally did us in....We needed someone besides Cumberland to step up and it didn't happen.... Thoughts on why we lost the game...

#1) 0 points in the last (6) minutes
                  #2) 0 production from Jenifer in his limited time playing....Mick pulled him early, you could see he could not keep up with the speed of the Houston guards...It was definitely the right move.
                  #3) 3pts & 3rbs from Scott , basically nothing!
                  #4) 0 production from Kieth Williams in the 2nd Half.... Unfortunately Cumberland can't do it all .... 27pts in 29 minutes.... I'll take it any day....
                  #5) UC's Bench combined for a total of 3pts , 5rbs in (49) MINUTES of play.....and that is the ball game..... I'm counting Jenifer as part of the Bench, because he was yanked early....

This is what happens if no one else steps up besides Cumberland in these big games.... We got a great effort from Broome, 28mins, 10pts, .... Brooks 7pts & 10rbs.... Williams the 1st Half, but was a no show in the 2nd half which really hurt us.... We were in this GAME till the very end and had our chances to win.... ALL we needed was a little HELP from one or two other players.... And we are extremely WEAK around the rim on inside play.... Mick needs a big time recruit for next year..... For what it;s worth!

Comment

I thought the offense was much to Cumberland-centric down the stretch. Yes you have Cumberland touch the ball every trip or bring the ball up but someone else has to present themselves as on offensive option so he can decoy and dish occasionally. You can only run so many clear outs before they know what's coming.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I think the superior athleticism of Houston made the difference at the end. Also, it might be argued that Kelvin adjusted to the flow of the game better than Mick did. It is going to be tough getting a win back in Cincy. Great effort by the Cats, however.

Comment

I can't believe that UC dropped from the rankings after this game.
                        Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

Originally posted by CroninCrazy View Post
                          I can't believe that UC dropped from the rankings after this game.
                          The sun rises in the morning and teams that happen to lose for the first time in a month drop in the polls. It's a given.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

The sun rises in the morning and teams that happen to lose for the first time in a month drop in the polls. It's a given.
                            I.E. voters are not necessarily educated. <Kermit> <Tea>
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The game plan was to neutralize Davis and Brooks. After Davis' flurry in the first 8 minutes, We held those two to 9 points the rest of the game...5 of them were ft's. What hurt us was Jarreu. He went for 11 straight and those came mostly after we took a 58-57 lead. Bottom line, is that they had a guy step up when they knew we were keying on their dawgs. Cane Broome did virtually the same exact thing at Tulsa. Moving forward, hopefully the bench see's just how important it is to step up when needed.
                              Cory Huffman
                              Cin City

Comment

Post Mortem from the Athletic

https://theathletic.com/812679/2019/...d-they-belong/
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X