Houston 2/10 4:00 ESPN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston 2/10 4:00 ESPN

Early Feb. and this game is probably for all the marbles in the conference. We win this and take care of business down the road and I think we tie for a share of the conference title at minimum. Houston's lone loss in on the road was at Temple. This is a very good team led by the guards Corey Davis, Armoni Brooks and Galen Robinson. Davis is a legit player of the year candidate in the conference. He scored 26 last night as the Cougars handled UCF in Orlando. That said, Brooks might be the better all round player statistically. He's the leading rebounder on the team from the guard spot. There are 2 guys on this team we offered in Brishon Gresham (went Juco) and Nate Hinton. I have to admit that I knew Houston would be good this year but didn't think they would be better without Rob Gray Jr. They're better.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...stats/_/id/248
    Last edited by Lobot; 02-09-2019, 04:16 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Something I meant to add. Attendance at Houston has not improved much with the opening of the Fertitta Center. I doubt it will be a full house unless they straight up give away tickets. They are averaging less than 4K a game so far this year although I think they'll get over that for this game since it's on a weekend. Something to watch for.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      Early Feb. and this game is probably for all the marbles in the conference. We win this and take care of business down the road and I think we tie for a share of the conference title at minimum. Houston's lone loss in on the road was at Temple. This is a very good team led by the guards Corey Davis, Armoni Brooks and Galen Robinson. Davis is a legit player of the year candidate in the conference. He scored 26 last night as the Cougars handled UCF in Orlando. That said, Brooks might be the better all round player statistically. He's the leading rebounder on the team from the guard spot. There are 2 guys on this team we offered in Brishon Gresham (went Juco) and Nate Hinton. I have to admit that I knew Houston would be good this year but didn't think they would be better without Rob Gray Jr. They're better.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...stats/_/id/248
      Yes it's an important game, but not all the marbles. We need to at least split with Houston but a win would go a long way and possibly mean not having to share the title.

Comment

Not for all the marbles. A much more important game for Houston than us. I loss here doesn’t ruin our goals of a conference championship or NCAA bid.
        My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

Ok fine, I over stated it. Definitely won’t affect the NCAA bid. Might seriously affect the seed line.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I just saw an interesting stat on the Cougars. One of the reasons for their success is quality depth. They go 10 deep and all 10 average at least 10 points or 10 rebounds per 40 minutes of action.

Comment

Per ESPN, this game tips at 4:00 ET.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
                Per ESPN, this game tips at 4:00 ET.
                Yep, you're right I did it again. Living in the Central Time Zone is annoying.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Yep, you're right I did it again. Living in the Central Time Zone is annoying.
                  Hey Brent - move back to Cincinnati - that way not only would you be in the correct time zone, you could go to all the games instead of giving tickets away.

Comment

Very true sir. Maybe someday.

I'm going one more year for season tickets for the purpose of getting to Homecoming for 200th bicentennial and the 100th anniversary of the UC Band. Since I rarely make a game, the 2019-20 season is likely my last as a season ticket holder since the tax benefit is gone. I'll redirect the money elsewhere in Athletics, the Band program and Academics.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

This is going to be a tough one, on the road at sold-out Fertitta (although it holds only 7K). The Cougars are deep and active. Like so many other teams in college basketball, they want to spread you out with three or four guards, all of whom can score. They don't allow many open shooters.

UH 63
                      UC 57

Comment

Yeah, it's a tough one to pick...It's especially tough being the underdog and picking against UC..... If I pick with my Heart, I have UC WINNING... If I pick with my head, the nod goes to Houston.... That being said, we are the worse at guarding the 3pt shot this year....If Brooks & Scott play to their full potential, we have a better inside game.... That being said, I'll pick with my Heart....

UC: 77
                        Houston: 76

In overtime...

Comment

Houston is favored by 5 per Vegas O/U 131.5
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I'll eat crow. I'm impressed that they sold this out. That's what should happen for a game like this. I'm curious to see if they have a bunch of no shows.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Yanked Cumberland and Jenifer early.... Yikes on the missed layup by Moore....

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X