Memphis 2/7 7:00 ESPN2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memphis 2/7 7:00 ESPN2

The Tigers present issues different from any other UC opponent thus far. They press relentlessly (and foul a lot) for the entire game, using their length and quickness. Like so many other teams, they're a lot better at home than on the road.

Per Sagarin Predictor, Memphis are #74 nationally, while the Cats are #26 (#83 & #29, respectively, in KenPom).

This is not going to be an easy two-game road trip, with Houston following on Sunday. The Cats need to focus on the Tigers, take care of the ball, get back on defense and hit their free throws, because there's a good chance they'll shoot a bunch of them.

Hardaway definitely lets them play freely on offense. There doesn't seem to be much of a structure; just a lot of one-on-one play when they're in the half court. They rely on their ability to get live-ball turnovers. If they have to set up, the Tigers aren't nearly as effective.

Jeremiah Martin is a threat as a lefty shooter from deep, utilizing his quickness and fakes to shake loose. After being held scoreless at USF Saturday, he bludgeoned the Bulls with an incredible 41 (7 treys) after the half.
    Last edited by Lobot; 02-05-2019, 06:21 PM.

This game will be about confidence. If Memphis comes out fired up and we let them dictate the game, I think we will get blown out. I never predict a blowout by the opposition. Memphis is extremely confident at home. Gotta kick them in the teeth early and disrupt their flow. 74-70 UC.
    Cory Huffman
    Cin City

Comment

Too bad Penny's not playing. I'd like to see us lock him down yet again.

I've seen Memphis play a little and if you let them run they'll kill you at home. So don't let them run. They basically play 4 guards and F/C. If you can affect Jeremiah's Martin's game, the whole team suffers but you really do still have to watch for Davenport and Harris if Martin is not scoring. I'll echo what was said above. They're fairly terrible in half court when they actually have to run something.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...stats/_/id/235
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

My concern at Memphis is that wing 3. Martin can hit. Harris will fire away also. Slow them down and frustrate them into bad shots.
        Cory Huffman
        Cin City

Comment

Both UC and Memphis sites list the game on ESPN2

Comment

ESPN's app is showing it as ESPN2, as well.

Comment

Fixed the thread title
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Is the game tonight (Feb 6) or tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by DesertFog View Post
                  Is the game tonight (Feb 6) or tomorrow?
                  Tomorrow, 2/7/19 @ 7:00 ET

Comment

fixed the date
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

This game is making me very nervous. If Memphis gets off to a fast start and we fall behind, it could be trouble. We won't have the home fans behind us as we try to come back.

Comment

Shut down Martin and make the rest of Memphis beat us.... Could be another game Brooks & Scott could dominate the Inside Play.... Cumberland will need to score 20+ for us to have a chance.....That being said, it's a must win for UC heading to Houston next.....

UC: 76
                        Memphis: 74

Comment

The lack of a credible inside scoring threat on full display tonight, as is the lack of a credible lockdown defender.

Comment

Listening on the radio. Cats sound like they are playing scared. Is that what it looks like?

Comment

Down at half and didn't make a FG during the last 7 minutes! Wow!
                              Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X