No announcement yet.

Tulsa 1/10 7:00 ESPN2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please. Cumberland is the best player on this team. He scores points, gets rebounds, has assists and steals the ball. I think we are lucky to have him. Nothing wrong with Williams. He is going to be an excellent player. Much better than I thought he would be. If Moore can get confidence in his shot he will be a great asset. He plays very hard. Not a great team but a good team and we should have a good year.

Comment

JC is the best player on this team. He is also the only player on this team. The rest are if's, going to be's, hopefully's, when's, when lights go on's, etc. I have had this fear since the beginning of the Cronin era....they are going to be a good team. That's it, a good team. They will win 20+ games and maybe get in the tourney. Good. They are not getting past the first weekend. They will be good next year. They will win 20+ games and maybe get in the tourney. Good. They are not getting past the first weekend. They will be good the year after that. They will win 20+ games and maybe get in the tourney. Good. They are not getting past the first weekend. Ad infinitum.

Maybe last year ripped my heart out but this is my biggest fear. Unless something changes, this is it.

Comment

Bottom line, Cumberland is UC's best and most talented player on the team....Especially with a team like this who needs scorers... I know a lot of you are high on Williams... Much better footwork than Cumberland, a lot flashier driving to the hoop... Maybe the most selfish player on the team....I always feel like he's looking out for himself in regards to scoring, not worried about getting other players involved...He's definitely the teams 2nd best player...After Cumberland & Williams, I do not count on the rest to step up and score... Yes, Broome had a great 2nd half last night... If Cane wouldn't have stepped up, we lose the game....Same Broome who gave us 0 points against ECU.... Brooks is a good player, but his hands are horrible underneath.... and I will never understand why Diarra continues to sit, especially with a team in dire need of offense..and rebounding.... for what it's worth....

Comment

Originally posted by hipal88 View Post
          JC is the best player on this team. He is also the only player on this team. The rest are if's, going to be's, hopefully's, when's, when lights go on's, etc. I have had this fear since the beginning of the Cronin era....they are going to be a good team. That's it, a good team. They will win 20+ games and maybe get in the tourney. Good. They are not getting past the first weekend. They will be good next year. They will win 20+ games and maybe get in the tourney. Good. They are not getting past the first weekend. They will be good the year after that. They will win 20+ games and maybe get in the tourney. Good. They are not getting past the first weekend. Ad infinitum.

Maybe last year ripped my heart out but this is my biggest fear. Unless something changes, this is it.

Go back to the Xavier board. They need all the help they can get.

Comment

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post
            Bottom line, Cumberland is UC's best and most talented player on the team....Especially with a team like this who needs scorers... I know a lot of you are high on Williams... Much better footwork than Cumberland, a lot flashier driving to the hoop... Maybe the most selfish player on the team....I always feel like he's looking out for himself in regards to scoring, not worried about getting other players involved...He's definitely the teams 2nd best player...After Cumberland & Williams, I do not count on the rest to step up and score... Yes, Broome had a great 2nd half last night... If Cane wouldn't have stepped up, we lose the game....Same Broome who gave us 0 points against ECU.... Brooks is a good player, but his hands are horrible underneath.... and I will never understand why Diarra continues to sit, especially with a team in dire need of offense..and rebounding.... for what it's worth....
            For the sake of argument, who do you expect him to pass the ball to? Nobody else can score. Broome is entirely inconsistent and is a turnover machine. You've already stated that Brooks has no hands. Plus, he plays so soft underneath. At least Williams can get by his defender and create his own shot. Nobody other than Cumberland has this ability. I really have not seen Diarra play, but if there is such promise with him, then he should be playing. Obviously, Cronin sees something that all of our untrained eyes cannot see.

Comment

Like most of Mick's team they look good when they play a little more up-tempo and move the ball. When they get to tough games and the tournament they tend to slow the ball down. I can't tell you how many times last night they had a chance to run and just slowed the ball down. We are always going to have mediocre offensive talent, but we have very good athletic talent. I don't know if it is coaching or the players, but we have to learn how to run when we have the chance. We are not going to win half-court games against good teams.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatjd View Post
                I can't believe the criticism of JC. Let's remember he's a Junior in College. These are young kids that have a lot going on in their life-basketball, school, girlfriends, families, etc, etc. JC is our best player.
                We need him & without him we a .500 team at best. Let's praise these guys for representing UC in a positive manner.
                ...........x2
                Former KMart Ball Boy

"Graduation is the key, period. I am on a mission to stop the exploitive nature of college athletics. We must make sure our kids graduate and have opportunities to have productive and happy lives." -MC

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

For the sake of argument, who do you expect him to pass the ball to? Nobody else can score. Broome is entirely inconsistent and is a turnover machine. You've already stated that Brooks has no hands. Plus, he plays so soft underneath. At least Williams can get by his defender and create his own shot. Nobody other than Cumberland has this ability. I really have not seen Diarra play, but if there is such promise with him, then he should be playing. Obviously, Cronin sees something that all of our untrained eyes cannot see.

Good point, not a lot of options in getting others involved, counted on for scoring... Hopefully we get major contribution from someone other than Cumberland & Williams tonight.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X