Tulsa 1/10 7:00 ESPN2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tulsa 1/10 7:00 ESPN2

Tulsa is 11-4 with wins over Ok St and Kansas St. They have a loss to Southern Illinois. They were victorious at home over South Florida on Sat. The Golden Hurricane are lead by DeQuan Jefferies and Martins Igbanu. They have 9 guys averaging double digit minutes and no one plays over 30 per game. Sterling Taplin has switched (?) to PG this year so his scoring numbers are down but he's also dangerous and can go off at any time.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...stats/_/id/202
    Last edited by Lobot; 01-07-2019, 01:32 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Yes, entirely possible UC drops this one too. BUT... if UC had to go 1-1 in the ECU and Tulsa stretch, you could make the argument for losing to ECU and beating Tulsa. Sure, ECU was a bad loss, but now have the chance to pick up another Top 100 win. Silver lining... just don't drop this one too.

Comment

We dropped to 33 in the NET rankings after ECU. Tulsa has a very good record in their building and is undefeated at home. We're one of the few teams that's won there outside of last year when they were really down. To be honest I don't expect a W unless we come out with a ton of fire.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Hopefully we come to play. Tulsa hasn't lost at home since January 13th of '18. We have to take care of the ball.
        Cory Huffman
        Cin City

Comment

Vegas has UC -5.5; Sagarin Predictor -9.5; KenPom about -10. The Hurricanes are outside of the Top 100 in both computer systems. Then again, ECU was outside the Top 250.

The Cats must show up tonight. I think they'll pull it out, but not if they shoot FT's as they did down in Greenville. This has been a decent FT-shooting team, but that display was awful and back-breaking. It killed any momentum they tried to build (on top of sleepwalking throughout the final 15 minutes of the first half).

Comment

Agree, they can blame it on the defense all they want, but the reality is team's are going to score some points on their own floor. You can't have your two big guys shooting 5/14 from the ft line and expect to win. If you can't shoot ft's then you sure as heck better finish.

Comment

You are right on Coach, I couldn't agree with you more. All teams have to find a way to win even when its not your night and we didn't do it.
              Mick has always blamed our defense for losses. Your assessment is more accurate but having said that I know where he's coming from. If you blame defense you technically are encouraging more effort. He can scream at them demanding more effort and it typically works. Conversely, he can't scream at them to shoot better. We all would like for that to happen, including Mick, but jumping their case about shooting percentages only tightens them more and is counter productive. Making them shoot hundreds of free throws a day between games however, clearly sends the message and hopefully fixes the problem. We'll see tonight.

Comment

I actually think the excessively poor shooting, both at the line and beyond the arc, were a byproduct of the same lack of focus that allowed ECU to get off shots that they normally wouldn't get against Cats. It was all wrapped up together.

Comment

This is hard to watch...

UC is letting them stay in it and can’t pull away.

UC is down 46-44 with 6:40 to play.
                  Former KMart Ball Boy

"Graduation is the key, period. I am on a mission to stop the exploitive nature of college athletics. We must make sure our kids graduate and have opportunities to have productive and happy lives." -MC

Comment

Tulsa playing better defense. But I don't understand how in the last two games the other teams have shot so good from behind the arc.

Comment

Why not play logan johnson? Broome ineffective, Jennifer obviously not himself

Comment

We're a possession or two away from losing our 2nd straight game.... Cumberland is having an off night, he's aloud to have one.... We have no INSIDE Game...Brooks is being pushed around for the 3rd straight game, started against Tulane and I think Brooks was exposed... This might be UC's worse inside game in a decade....and still no Diarra ... When we need points and rebounding... Cane Broome has to be UC's biggest over hyped Division 1 Player of all time....Not close to living up to his billing.... We're playing and AVERAGE Team at best, and we're getting outplayed ..... Someone mentioned not making the NCAA Tournament.... Right now I would have to agree.....Regardless if we win tonight...Almost forgot, UC's 3pt Defense is the worse iv'e seen in years....
                        Last edited by BearKatz; 01-10-2019, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Well I admit I thought we were going to lose. I give them a lot of credit for hanging in there on the road and doing what was needed to win. I think it was an ugly win but a great win.

Comment

They found a way to pull it out on the road, where any conference win is tough. Half the team was sick, particularly Jenifer, who hasn't been practicing. Despite that, they forced 22 turnovers and committed only 12 themselves.

Cane Broome made his first treys in 9 games. He came in on an 0-for-16 skein. But, he hit some key shots down the stretch, including the jumper that sent it to OT.

Back home for UConn. Bring on the Huskies.

Comment

OK, thank you Cane Broome for deciding you didn't want to lose this game. Trevor Moore with the best game of his career. A win is a win. UConn up next.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X